Dominance

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Sweete, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Sweete

Sweete Members

My girlfriend & I are both relatively young. Currently she is the more dominant person in the relationship, and I feel very submissive . How do I exert dominance without being too aggressive/mean?

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Do you find her aggressive or mean? If not, do what she does.

Problem is "dominant" and "submissive" mean different things to different people.

There is also the "role" aspect vs. the "natural" aspect. My ex was naturally dominant--it was her personality. She was bossy, kind of pushy, always chose the restaurants, handled the money, etc. To some, that would be mean and controlling, but to me it was refreshing because I hated to have to worry about that kind of stuff. I'm naturally submissive. I believe there is a yin and a yang in every relationship.

However, in the bedroom, in terms of roles, this could be turned around. Some people are exhausted from being in charge all day, that they love to be dominated in the bedroom to provide a kind of balance. So I guess in order to provide help information, it would be nice to know more about your girlfriend's personality type and what "dominant" and "submissive" mean to both of you.

3. LezLuther

LezLuther Members

being dominant is about trusting yourself over others. if you want to be more dominant, talk louder and with confidence. Drama classes and toastmasters can help you with this. a lot of it just about unrestrained self expression and taking on the personal responsibility to handle situations.