Doing my part.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Tuktuk08, Feb 13, 2009.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

you did? wasnt it always doing my part?
    and howed we get on the subject of tp?
    oh yea poohsucker or whatever his name is threw out something random as usual..lol
    love ya brother but ya sure do know how to throw things off track..lol

and hhb
    there is really no signiificant (or even measurable) increase in shoplifting during gatherings. i have only witnessed it once and put a stop to it
    gatherings i was at from spring council through the very last day of cleanup, we would go to local businesses and tell thgemn that 10's of thousands of people would be in town and to keep track of all shoplifting and they would be reimbursed after for anything stolen
    in the 1 case i remember quite clearly (allegheny) at the end of the gathering when we went back to ask what needed reimbursing they said only 4 items had been stolen, which was down from the 7 the month before we arrived. we still offered to reimburse them just in case it had been a rainbow who stole them, but the shop owner refused because they had made more then they would in a year in sales and lost less then usual in thefts.

i'm not saying that it doesnt happen, but to imply that its a problem is just fearmongering and trying to make family look like low life thieves.
    there are thieves among us ofcourse, but the percentage is very very low

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

just because someone doesnt get caught doesnt mean it doesnt happen.. ;)

quite frankly probably 50% if not more of the rainbows ive met have no qualms about shoplifting and do it on a regular basis...

no fear mongering to it,im just sayin what ive seen over the last 28 years in and out of rainbow..

3. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

GREAT!!!! Fuck this, fuck that, fuck the ticks, fuck the LEOs, fuck schwag hippies, fuck the high-holies, fuck all the fucking fucks and yes I did fuck yo mamma.
    There....that's what I call a good dump. I feel much better.
    Thank you for the opportunity to vent, Cinnamon!!!

Zen

4. dormouse

dormouse Member

you're talkin to me? why? i didn't insult anyone and the creepy store clerk ain't "my" creepy store clerk. oh wait! maybe you're referring to my gentle jib at Sunshine Al's appearence. LOL if that's what has got your boxers in a wad all i can say "my my touchy touchy". actually, i figured Al would take that as a kind of compliment and recognize it as the mild joke it was meant to be.

but it is weird how others on this thread can be truly insulting and Al can tell me to "get over it" and imply i condone thieves and their thievery yet it's me you tsk tsk at. have i encounter yet another rainbow clique wherein certain rules of etiquette apply to outsiders but don't apply to the clique members? if so, please to supply a list of clique members and also any rules of discourse needed to engage said members so i may know when and for whom i should walk on rice paper.

5. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Once again the general post was not toward you. There has been alot of hate and riddicule in this thread and I was referring to it as a whole. The vibe just isn't right. The only part of that post that pertained to you was the part where I addressed the store clerk problem.

6. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

Boy, you guys didn't get it. Take a mental dump and flush it away.

LOVIN' U my beautiful but sometimes obtuse Family!!!!!

Zen

7. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Are you implying that men have never had to deal with lurking faggot perverts? Or that a lurking hetero F would be somehow less perverted?

SEXISM & NEGATIVITY!

I'm gonna have to refer all of y'all to the Rainbow Council on UnRainbowLike Activity & ThoughtCrime!

8. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Rainbow Family:

We put the FUN in DisFUNctional!

TukTuk, if you this is good, you MUST go to a REAL gathering so you can see all us nitwits in person. It only gets better in the woods.

9. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

LOL aint that the truth..

I guess that makes this thread beneficial after all.. :cheers2:

10. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

LOL...I have heard it said that we are the largest disfunctional family in the world.

Course what Turn-up fails to mention is that some of the same people getting on each others' cases for a wealth of differing opinions will be hugging each other before the conversation is over.

(oh & zencoyote, you are quite welcome for the venting opportunity :D )

11. dormouse

dormouse Member

oooooh. okay. no clique then? whew! that's a relief. yay!

this thread got wacky early on. unfortunate really since it was an innocuous query that Tuktuk made (and i like that he's crafting his hemp thingies.) i was pretty much done with this thread but the stolen TP story caught my eye. i had a viseral reaction to the store clerk's actions. that's all. i "ho!"
    and "right on" most of Sunshine Al's posts, just not his assessment of the store clerks behavior. ya got to admit tho ... with all that hair and the beard, the hippy hat and that beatific smile he looks pretty damn subversive. if i were a Fed i'd be suspicious of the likes of him. **wink**

12. dormouse

dormouse Member

ah well, perhaps but generally because of the physical strength difference between men and women the threat of being actually attacked by a pervert is less for a man than it is for a woman. and a lurking hetero female isn't less perverse but she isn't near as threatening to you as a big stronge manly man as a male pervert is to me who weighs about 100 lbs without my boots on.

since apparently you've been lurked at by big creepy fags then i would suppose you empathize with my POV. yes?

13. Ulcer

Ulcer Member

um you don't brah, but you could try using a little tact.

14. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

ROFLMAO!!! Try giving him a tic-tac.

15. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

what's a brah?

16. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

Lmao!!! Damn,,, everyone just flipped another thread into something strange and obscure,, Not saying it's a bad thing,, but by now this brothers probably rocking back n forth in his closet holding a blanket telling himself he's alright and not everyone is crazy,,, welcome to the family bro,, not everyone agrees on everything,, but even the ones you see here fighting agree on the foundation of the family and what we stand for or they wouldnt be fighting in the first place,, just like anyother family,, we're totally completely and hopelessly fucked up,,!!! someone give the kid a hug man,

17. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

Wasn't that from Seinfeld, a man brassiere called the Brah....LOL
    Just doing my part

18. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

No Al....it's called The Bro....or manssiere. Great for lifelong pot smokers who have grown "Man Boobs"....perhaps I should purchase a set!

Zen

19. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

Where's Pork Chop when you need her?? One big booby hug from the sexiest 300lb. sister in the Family would set him right....or ruin him for life!!!!!!

Zen

20. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

CIRCLE!!!!! :grouphug: