Doing my part.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Tuktuk08, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

[​IMG] http://photos-b.ll.************/photos-ll-snc1/v2136/26/68/1409360940/n1409360940_30240561_369.jpg

2. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

cmon everyone,,, just drop the suggestions on the new brother like he asked. he just wants to help at his first gathering,, how's he supposed to know whats up if everyone around him is just fighting,,,, not a very good impression of "family",,,, Try and give constructive critisism instead of attacking.
    everyones acting like pissed off a campers in here,,, hell,,, a campers are way more controlled

3. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Go right ahead. Make it so.

4. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

I'm telling you it's that 44th. & 45th. Time around the Sun. Those seem to be some negative producing orbits. "Happier Trails" to one & all. This applies to me also. It gets Better,if you want it to. Love & Peace, Al
    http://photos-b.ll.************/photos-ll-snc1/v2136/26/68/1409360940/n1409360940_30240561_369.jpg

5. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

Don't forget the toilet paper!

jail over a roll of toilet paper... when will people learn!

6. dormouse

dormouse Member

the employee is really creepy. sneaking around and putting his ear to the bathroom door to listen in while a woman is using the toilet. that little piece of information made public via the local newspaper is going to cost that store a whole lot more than the price of a roll of toilet paper. tell you what ... i sure wouldn't frequent a store where the employees tend to lurk around outside the women's restroom.

7. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

This store has had a lot of drainbows stealing from it for many years,including gas from the outside pumps. I don't think the employee/manager was being a peeping Tom,but he was just trying to prevent a ripoff. "Sorry" no compassion from this Rainbow,as Drainbows give us a bad name and are not Living up to what is Right.
    "Thou shalt not Steal" Simple as that. End of My Story. "Happy Trails" and do what is Right. Love & Peace & Enlightment to you All. Al

8. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

I'm glad to see you're wanting to contribute man. I've never been to the gathering, athough I have often hoped I'd find the time and the chance to go. There is one thing that everybody loves tho. Food. Anyways I hope it all works out for ya man. Peace an' love on your journies.

9. dormouse

dormouse Member

it doesn't matter much why the guy had his ear to the women's restroom door and i'm not speaking with some misplaced compassion for a thief either. i simply find it disconcerting that anyone would be listening at a bathroom door for any reason. it's ... just ... creepy.

10. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

Get over it. He wasn't outside her stall. He was trying to catch a thief
    Its amazing how this thread has changed from what it was suppose to be about. LOL Though we did talk about TP before,bringing a trunkfull of it to the gathering,so I guess TP was part of the thread earlier.
    Bottom line is I DON'T LIKE THIEFS,especially if they are going to give my Family a bad name. "Sorry" if you feel my words are not to your liking. I guess I've been dealing with HHB & Turnup to much. LOL
    Watch out here it comes. I opened a can of worms. Me Worry? I'm too old to do that.
    Nighty Night Pleasant Dreams & "Happy Trails" Love & Peace, Al

11. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

if people took the time to talk to tuktuk instead of just being insulting you would have found out part of his job is reseeding natural environments and his part just might be bringing all the seed we need to reseed for clewanup
    i hate to inform you but some attitudes here nearly made him not come back ever and give up on rainbow completely
    hippiestead i suggested he contact you so you can put him in touch with whoever is working closely with resource folks to find out specificaly what type seeds needed.
    theres no guarantee here that he can get what is needed since he works in utah and the indiginouse growth in nm would be different, but there is a chance he may be able to provide whats needed
    he just wants to help any way he can, hes a really good brother willing to work very hard.
    and jumping all ovcer him the way you did nearly made him never want to have anything to do with rainbow

fuck spell cfheck we need attitude checks
    noone would ever leave rainbow over typos.. but coming off all agro insulting and mean certainly is no way to say welcome home

i think i talked tuktuk into staying for a good bit of cleanup as well and after talking in a freindly manor hes now aware of dozens of ways he can help out

12. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

Sometimes we are being wild...sometimes we are being free and sometimes we are flying high, but the bottom line is We are Family and we all do need attitude checks at times. That is why we are here,so we can evolve into a more enlightened creature. I thank everyone for their help in my process of evolving. I'm not perfect...I'm close (LOL) but not there yet and with a little help from my friends/family I'll get to be a more compassionate & enlightened human being.
    So again "Thanks" for all the differences that we have,as that is how we learn in this School of Life,as we search our souls for guidance on whether we are right or wrong. Just gotta watch out for that ego,as it doesn't want to be wrong.
    The bottom line is that we are still Family. Enough. To be continued. Maybe.
    "Happy & Happier Trails" to one & all. Love & Peace, Al

13. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Yes, I can find out who all is working with reseeding & all and would be happy to pass that info along to Tuk-tuk

A couple of quick words tho...the Rainbow Family covers such a vast array of people that I think it's better that people know that we have grouches as well as the super optomistic. The other thing is that folks is who they is & the true agro attitudes (as opposed to stark reality attitudes) usually come out when people start telling other people how they should act. If everyone would just accept each other for who they are, these threads wouldn't get so bulked up with attitudes.

14. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

Maybe this thread needs to take a good dump.

Zen

15. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

Maybe this thread needs to take a good dump.

Zen[/quote]

I Agree. Let's just keep on doing our part,as long as it's for the Good of the Rainbow Family.

16. dormouse

dormouse Member

oh "get over" yourself. you're obviously not a woman and haven't had to deal with lurking perverts so perhaps you can't relate to just how creepy the guy's actions were. if he had suspicions he didn't need to put his ear to the bathroom door. he could have simply asked to see what was in the TP thief's backpack before she left the store. you seem to be implying that i like thieves and am somehow condoning the theft of the TP. of course i do not and i am not. i'm just saying that suspicion of thievery isnt justification to lurk like a pervert outside a women's restroom when the creepy action isn't needed to satisfy one's suspicions. and it's not about me liking or disliking your words when it was you who took exception to my post. bathrooms are suppose to be private. in fact, i can think of few other places where privacy is more expected. since you obviously think it's ok for store management and employees to invade the privacy of customers, a clothing store having trouble with thieves would be justified placing hidden cams in thier bathrooms and fitting rooms. right? if not why not? and if it's okay for businesses to invade the privacy of customers (since their customers might be thieves) i guess it's totally okay for the government to invade the privacy of citizens. right? after all, how much more justified is the government to poke around in your stuff and listen at your door since you might be a terrorist. i mean ... look at you. you look like the very definition of subversive. lol

17. dormouse

dormouse Member

the original intent of the thread was pretty much dumped in the first 2-3 pages. **shrug**

18. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Somehow I do not see all of these insults from any of you as neccesary. Maybe your store clerk or who ever he was was in the wrong, but regardless we're not here to be jackasses to each other.

19. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

you mean some people who attend rainbow gatherings shoplift??:eek:
    shocking... :rolleyes:

20. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Here, I changed the thread name. Now it's all on-topic...