Doing my part.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Tuktuk08, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

Awwwww..... I miss hearing fantuzzi,,,what a ball of beautiful love n energy he is. Missing bilbo and grampa woodstock 2!!! can't wait 4 those hugs from them, and if anyone sees bird from early bird cafe before me,, give that brother some love!!!

2. dormouse

dormouse Member

poor Tuktuk. all he wanted to know was what he could do to do his part and his thread gets highjacked by angst. **sigh**

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

look i didnt post what i posted to drag the thread off topic nor to make it about me.. yall are the ones who have done that because you didnt like what i had to say.. so dont blame me for defending myself against yall.

all im gonna say is anyone that knows me knows i live by doing unto others and giving till it hurts,LITERALLY!!
    that doesnt nullify how i feel though.i wouldnt show up at a gathering or someones place with a bag of hemp an say "here have a necklace,huh huh i did my part".. and i wouldnt expect anyone to react any different than i did to the statement the OP made,had i made it.

now that thats said,please by all means get the damn thing back on topic and leave me out of it..

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

yea i agree
    nobody should have ever badmouthed him for making hemp theres nothing wrong with that at all
    instead they should just add to the lisdt, things that would be more practicle.. like bringung 500 pounds of rice or beans

oh as for the car..the car will get rattled alot but just go slow..very very slow and you'll be fine
    you wanna go slow as u can anyway for safety sake especialy when your getting close where kids and dogs play (also the dust kicked up along the road is enoughj to get ya really sick, lung infections and all, so the slowerr u go the less dust everyone hasta breathe)

if your going over bumps at a crawl, and weaving ariound them avoiding the bigger ones best you can instead of flying over em at 30 mph (30 mph u think is slow but on those roads its flying ...way too fast)
    also remember thgere will be alotta single lane blind corners with great big busses comming ast ya
    go real slow and ber ready to get far off the road and outta the way
    we've seen busses go over cliffs too many times rtdrying to avoid someione speeding along in an suv
    i know if your at the end of a 40 hour drive with just 30 miles of dirt road left to go you can wanna get there fast, but even if it adds 3 more hours to the trip its best to go slow as u can go and keep it safe for all other gatherers and your shocks as well

hhb when fantuzzi sings his heart out writting beautiful inspirastionaskl songs for family that are passed down and inspire thousands..is he doing his part or not?

i knowe he does more then that..just like tuktuk wilkl do more then make hemp when he gets there and sees firewoods needed he'll carry wood
    but my point is
    we have thousands of musicians.. we really dont need just anothrr song.. they dont feed noone at all
    but.. is fantuzzi not doinbg his part by singing entertaininbg and making the gathering an enjoyable experience?

if the gathgering was only work.. if all we did was go to thye woods to slave over hot fired dig holes to shit in and all day long thats all we did, no music, no gifts of trinkets, no love ..just work work work.. who the hell would go?
    doing your part is digging shitters, but its also hugging sharing love and making the gathering the magical enjoyable experience it is

doinbg your part is saying welcome home brother tuktuk we love you welcome and have some fiood, after your full would you mind grabbing some water for the kitchjen
    thats doing yuour part
    what part is ridiculing him doing?
    wheresthe welcome home in "the last thing we need is another foolk with hemp trinkets who wont do a thing and only will be another moth to feed"
    is youyr part to push people away beforee they can discover theyre pasrt?

odviosly when tuktuk shows uop with a handfull of hemp and someone says can you help me carry this log to that fire hges not gonna say hell no i brought hemp so i wouldnt have to work
    that would be rediculouse

his original post was whst can i do to do my part im making hemp..hemp is bein g made months b4 thge gathering its what he can do today to do his part..can he dig a shitter right now? no can he cook? the food would be rotten by thgen
    he is doing what he can months in advance to prepare to help make ppl happy

then he wanted to know what more he could do when he got there... dig shitters cary wood water whastever

if someone wants to know what they can do..tell them..thats alkl donbt attack themn for doiung what they already did, just rell them what more can be dione when they actualy can do somethning to benifit all...whicjh wont be untill they set foot on the land (unless hes able tyo contyrito thge funds to get the gatgering going, or able to attend councils or do scoutting)

actualy noone even mentioned that so i will.. things u can do today to be productive
    over the next few months you can connect with local family through potlucks pass the hat and forward moto the banking council (hippiestead i bet would be the 1 to talk to about that)
    in addition idf your able therewill be upcomming councils to pick the exact site these are open to all, theres also scouftgting, hopwever being a newbie you wouldnt have the knhow to help much with that however if its somethuibng that interests you youd be welcome to join in and learn the ins and outs of scoutting
    then theres going to most likely be conference calls open to all with the fs to workl out details of the operating plan and this also builds outrr relatioinship with respurse managemnent (mostly good giuys) fs leo's (some mean well) andthe incident managment team (general a magor problem and treatted with much distrust, but and i may get crucified for this, trying to build a understanding and generakl air of cooperation with them cant hurt, and at least if that breaks down and they misbehave we doi come out looking like the good guys)
    theres much that can be done today in preperation for the gathgering
    you could plan on taking extra time off work to stick around and hel,p with cleanupthat rightthere is huge simply planning on statying a few extra weeks /(and plan on those extra weeks not being about fun but about workibg your ass off not for family but for the forrest.. restoring it to its natural beauty)
    ahh theres somethinbg that you can do today, contact the fs resourse folks (or contasct someone whos already in contact with them)find out what seeds would be best for reseading the meadows and trails in the area and show upo at the gathering already ready with a few bags of seeds

your part is yours to define like i said, nobody can tell u your part and u can use creativity to define your part
    when someione showed up with a solar powered water filtration system in michigan or a bicycle powered shower they did theyre part without digging a single shitter (although they may have dug as few i dunno)

yiou see there are parts that need to be done that always seem to have a shortage of ppl willing to do em like shitter diggers thats why trhey get great respoect an d ppl always say if u wanna do gyour partdig a shitter
    but the gathering is much much molre then a hole in the ground
    glowingfeather afyter his heart surgery couldnt dig a shitter but arent his poemjs and tantra workshops his part?
    robbie gordon (god i love that man) has to crawkl around the gathering so isnt about to be carrtying wood
    yet the mans briliance kindness and his gift of music and wisdonm is his part and he does it well

all im saying is..any part u choose tyo do adds to the whole
    but there are parts that are truly nesacary to the health sand saftety of the gathering..these parts must be done, and too often it falls on too few to get it done
    so if your able to do these parts beyind the part you choose to dothen by all meandss jump on in

the parts that are criticlke though are shitter digging (in gebneral we could always use twice as many as wehave) all thinbgs food related preperation cleanup firewood water serving and ofcourse supply
    parkiung and front gate..this is a criticle and often less desireable job, dealling with a-camp can be tough, keeping the trafic flowing and organized as well as keeping front gate peaceful and safe
    caqlm.. if you have evenm basic first aid knowledge calm can use you..hell ebven if your only able to wash feet clean wounds and direct ppl to the right healers u could be a help
    info i wouldnt call criticle and they certainly have plenty of help but not all info happendss at infio..i mean if a kiutchen needs chocolaste for zuzus u can run from kitchen to kitchen trying to find some

those are thge basic criticle jobs..what goes in the body..food what comes out..shit..and what neds fixing..boo-boos
    oh and shante sena, also criticle
    theres thwho do shasnte sena al;l tye time and sometimes do need to be tempered (like leos. whos job it is to suposedly keep us safe some shante sena take thinhfs overboard..it comes with the toufgh job i guess) this simply means like all jobs at rainbow they are all up to each of us to do ass we are able, however shante sena is 1 job that important for everyone to do even if you dont stick around for the full proceess when you hear shante sena called if your able you should run towards it to help diffuse the situation
    shante sena is how we stay safe
    if anyone hasd a problem wether its a brother making a sister feel unsafe or whatever they yell shante sena and everyone runs to help (nonvioliontly) once thinbfs are under control theres usualy a shante sena council to get to the bottomn of the issue and figure out a plan of actuiion to dealk with offenjsive behavior
    this is also a criticle job

noew important jobs
    council, some may say its not important but it is..and it is work too
    its how we govern ourselves as a nation and can be a long frustrating process but its an important one
    and especialy important to newcommers because thewill see how thjuings are ruin,, and onbe day they will be the ones who have to take responcibility to make things run smoothly
    the older folks who have done council from the beginning wont be here forever so its important that yojnger fiolkjs learn how thigs are done and are ready to step in and take the place oif those who came before them,
    other important (or criticle i cant tell the difference anymore..lol) jobs are protectuion, simply means if u see someone set up camp by the strweam ask them to movd it 300 feet from the water..if u see someone squatting to take a shit by the spring stopo them if you see someone about to dig a firepit in a sensative stop thenm (by stop them i dfont mean go start an argument, in fact i recommend going as a group, both briothgers and sisters and talking to them, explauining why its not a good idea to camp shit or difg there then masybe offer to help them move)

same goes for firewatch, keeping personal fires from popping up asll over
    and inspecting existing fires to make sure they have proper pits anbd no chjance of root fires

the\n theres kitchen safety inspections (or shitter safetry inspections) just go around make sure they are clean have bleach water proper sanitation and in the shitter case arent overflowing (once they are filled to sabout elbow deep (fingertips to elbow, or about 2 feet) they need to be filled in and a new one dug
    there needs to be lyme or ash at each shitter

in addition shiotters must be dufg in the proper places and in the right types of soil so shit wont leak into the watertable (this can be toughyt to you at info or by more experienced shitter diggferes)

well i think i said plenty therre are still more and more jobs that u can do, but you cxan discover them when you get there

i at least touched on a few major ones you can get into now

i know it seems overwhelming, it seems like alot and you dont realloky have to take any one thing on yourself
    nobody can saty its your responcibility to dig shitters or anythijhg else
    its up to you to make a job your responcibility

5. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

No one ever "badmouthed" him for making hemp doodads. Mr Mountain William & I thought it was silly that someone thought making hemp doodads was somehow doing his part. Please, get your facts straight. And I would like to repeat, at the risk of "being negative", that someone driving a vehicle with low ground clearance, who feels moved to bring supplies, would do better to bring light weight bulky items rather than 500 pounds of dried food.

PLEASE
    , S.E., learn to use a spell check! Firefox has one integrated with the browser. Don't know if Internet Explorer does or not, but you can have enough respect for those of whom you, apparently, expect to read your posts, to run them through MS Word, or a yahoo email program, or something that will check your spelling, so that they are readable. I had to give up about two paragraphs in.

6. soaringeagle

maybe you should have a lil respect and not complain so much aboiut spelling?
    this is a worldwide community some people dont spoeak english well others have trouble typing or have dyslexia and cant spell well get over it
    i know anyone who bothered trying can tell exactly what im talking about
    if my english was poor would u make an attempt at understanding it or just attack the way i speak?
    its 1 thing if you pick a psarticular sentence you dont understand and ask for clarification, but to simply complain because your too lazy to bother trying to understand is pathetic
    not everyone is perfect..get over it

7. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Turn-up asked with much respect SE, and it is hard to read your posts. Spell check was invented for folks who have a hard time spelling for whatever reason.

8. hippiehillbilly

<<------------------- uses spell check.. :)

9. soaringeagle

just scanned it and there are hardly any typos, very very very few, critical was mispelled twice the had a g in it thge but thats easy enough to figure out
    the very 1st typo was 1/2 waty through it
    with respect id be happy to edit it but theres no need its perfectly clear.. turnip and hhn just complain about sp;elling when they have nothing else to complain about
    thye post was to tuktuk not turnip or hhb who already know how to do theyre parts
    if tuktuk needs clarification on anything i'm availible 24/7 to answer questions..all my im info is right there
    but i bet tuktuk has no problem understanding

like i said they go after my spelling when thry cant finrd fault with sanything i said

if theres anything that thry dont understand i will be happy to clarify

10. hippiehillbilly

:eek: :confused::smilielol5:

glad thats only a very few..:rolleyes:

11. WanderingturnupII

You're an American from Philly. Your native language is English. I have noticed few foreign language posts to this forum over the years. I believe most of those have been in French. Do you speak French?

Your English IS poor. So is your ability to walk. If you take either of these statements as some kind of attack against you as a person, you are wrong. You are not ashamed to use a wheelchair. Why are you ashamed to use a spellcheck or grammar check program?

Back in THE DAY, before computers, I would have had no choice but to "get over it", but then, on the 8th day, GOD CREATED SPELLCHECK! For the love of WHISKEY man, do you think I know how to spell?

12. WanderingturnupII

I guess it's just a guru thing. They have all the answers, we're the unenlightened, unwashed masses, and it's our fault if we can't understand them.

"Like a drunk mumbling to himself on a park bench...."

13. soaringeagle

grow up you 2 the post was meant for tuktuk and him salone not you

waaa waa i cant read it waaaa jesus christ get over it its typos big fucking deal

what hurt the thread more typos or being assholes to people?

14. WanderingturnupII

Then send it to his salon via PM. Or do you not have that privelege?

15. soaringeagle

done

aparently its impossible for some people to say anything to anyonbe without being jumped on publicly so fine i'll answer his questions privately without making him feel like a fool and without being an asshole to him

congrats you win

16. hippiehillbilly

:party::party::party::party:

17. dormouse

dormouse Member

well, whatever Tuktuk's intent in starting this thread it's been entirely lost. it's no longer about what he (we) might do to do his (our) part in creating a fine gathering. now it's about whether some folks have the right to be critical of hemp doodads and/or poor spelling. good job! you all are just doing your part, i suppose.

18. hippiehillbilly

. stoned moment.. :eek: carry on..

19. Tuktuk08

Tuktuk08 Member

yeah i just stayed back and let you guys go....i dont like getting involved in arguments. Soaringeagly, i didn't have any problems reading it, anyone with a brain can figure out what you meant to type.

hhb I know you obviously dont care about peoples feelings and what not....simply because you stated it, not because mine got hurt. So what I have to say to you is, Why do you answer peoples questions who just want simple answers? This site is full of loving people who are here to communicate, and have a good time I guess you could say. Why be so negative? all your "comments" are doing is just causing arguments to start, and this is not the only thread you've done it on. and dont take any of this as me talkin shit because this is simply me talking straight to you. Share the love, you make it seem like you think your a better person than ever1 else here.

wanderingturnup......i like the name. Please dont comment on this, you seem to be friends with hhb and i dont want someone defending him, because Im not attacking. I'm simply "Stating the obvious"

Thank you to all.
    Peace.

20. hippiehillbilly

umm,,in your original post you made a statement implying that to you,bringing a bag fulla hemp was doing your part.at least thats the way i interpreted it.

i simply gave my opinion on your statement and asked what i felt was a valid question,which i dont believe you ever answered.. after all thats what a public forum is is it not? a place to give your opinions and ask questions??

if you recall after that i agreed with dormouse on what i considered doing your part actually was.
    so in my minds eye my response was proper ,no matter what it was you were wanting to read.

if you didnt want to read everyones opinion then perhaps you shouldnt have posted the statement on a public board.

as far as the rest,quite frankly,i could give a rats ass less how i come off,or what you think of me. i wasnt trying to start anything contrary to what you may think. i was simply being myself.
    why should i have to emulate what you feel is correct and proper?? i mean, isnt this the rainbow family where your only requirement to be part of it is to have a belly button??

lol,, yeah right...