Doing my part.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Tuktuk08, Feb 13, 2009.

1. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Bring your Buick. Load it down till the springs are FLAT, and screw the damn firstaid supplies, 'cause nobody EVER gets hurt in Peace Love and Happiness Land.

There, happy Al?

2. dormouse

dormouse Member

well, i don't think you're hating, maybe just being kinda harsh to an enthusiastic newbie gatherer. that's all. and you don't need to sugar coat things but you sure don't have to bitter coat things either.

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

im not bitter at all..remember, most of interpretation of a attitude behind words is in your own mind..

thats the funny thing about the net,the way you read it isnt always the way it was said.. ;)

4. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

That's how I drive my car,but I do have many medical supplies and I think that is what flattens my springs. but I don't worry,as I know if anything happens to my car,my fellow Rainbows will help me out.

For Newbies. Might make it easier on you all. Although no mention of flattening your springs and if so how to fix them. I guess the best way is to unload all your supplies at the Gathering.

[​IMG] [SIZE=+1]About Rainbow[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Gathering Consciousness[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] Rap 107[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Happy Trails[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] Rap 701[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Before &After the Gathering[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] Rap 108/801[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Legalisms & Such[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] Rap 911[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Basic Rainbow[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] 101a[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Basic Rainbow[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] 101b[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Participation is the Key[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] DFly1[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Cleanup Concerns[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] You pack it in? You pack it out. [from newsgroup][/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]And we were right.[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] Abbie Rap[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Aging and Hippy Community[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] Stephen Gaskin and Rocinante.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]A-Camp Warning[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] [ warnings, actually ][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]From First Gathering[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] Basic Rap.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Homeward Bound[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] There and back again![/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Links to Rainbow and suchlike[/SIZE]

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

bringing hemp is doing your part (a small part) if yoiu give just 1 away as a gift you made one person happy that right there is huge dont discount it. ofcourse theres alot more you can do as others pointed out
    but every part makes a whole
    if your unable to dig a shitter and the only thing you can do in life is tie knots in hemp with your tongue due to total paralysis isnt that your part?
    if your greatest gift is your ability to tell a good joke or story and thats all you do but you do it in a way thats memorable and makes someines gathering an experiernce they wont forget then by god you did a great job doing your part

what i mean is..your part is yours to define

there will always be thingfs that need to be done..and sure u can add them to your part someon e askjs for voluterts to dig shitters and noone gets up to help but you then thats your part to do
    but its your getting up to do it that defines it as your part to do

if all you do is give away 1000 hemp bracelests that took youy 6 months to make dont you dare let any crabby ol fsrt tell you you didnt do your part (not callin anyone a fart just liked that it rhymed)

your part might be conforting a crying sister whos puppy is lost
    it might be sitting through council all day in the heat
    it might be carrying potstoes..it mifght be anything sat all
    no matter what u do there will still be more that needs to be done (and others that can do it)
    so it doesnt matter what part you do as long as all have a safe healthy happy gathering
    and if u gave me a hemp necklace id concider that a great gift equal in part to the gift of a shitter to shit in and a handful of ganja to smoke

whatever part yoiu do do it for family and thats all anyone could ask

6. WanderingturnupII

Something might happen to your car????QUIT BEING NEGATIVE!!!!!!
    Hell, I was going to talk about water filters, but we'll just start quoting Lao Tsu at the water. That will get rid of any pathogens..Oh, wait a minute, ITS PURE MOUNTAIN SPRINGWATER! What kind of negativity would we have to have to think there might be pathogens in there? My bad!

7. Tuktuk08

Tuktuk08 Member

One good about the buick is that shes got a huge trunk. I no i could jam a lot of tp in there.

8. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Wonderful, I get home after working all day for less peanuts than it takes to feed a family & no peanuts for bills & gas & wow, feel the love goin' 'round in my favo forum!!!:eek: (yes read this as sarcastic cuz it is & if other folks can vent, then I can too!!!)

That said, when our son was growing up, we had one four letter word that was considered a bad word in our home; but since reading this thread I guess I will have to up the list to 2 bad words, even if the second word is IMO slang. To me, any word that is the exact opposite of LOVE is too dangerous of a word to use and to see it used on brothers whom I care about makes me upset, especially since the people using it seem to believe that they are being kind to the newbie by name calling. In HHB's last post, he makes a very good point....most of the time, how one reads a post has more to do with what is in one's perception than how the poster intended the post to be read. And please don't forget the Prankster factor & posts made for theatrical effect................

If we could all play nice from here out, I'd appreciate it...I bet Tuktuk would too, cuz in-between the silly stuff some very valuable info was shared in this thread.

Lovin' Y'all :D

9. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

"Don't flatten those springs." Boy I am getting negative. LOL and the use of {if} in "if anything happens to my car", does not conatate negativity.

10. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

I'm Sorry Ms. Cinnamon,but this is a slam right off the bat. No ifs,ands or buts. I Love this board and I don't ever want it to turn into an AGR(alternate gathering rainbow) board and I do't ever think it would,especially with the likes of Sunshine Al. LOL
    So my friends the title of this thread is "Doing my part" so it's up to you all,if we have beaten this horse yet and let it lie. I had my fun.[​IMG] Maybe I'll go to Ocala and hang in A-Camp.

[​IMG]

11. dormouse

dormouse Member

hmmm back at ya, Bubba. reread my post to you and you'll see that i never said that you are bitter.

12. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

:beatdeadhorse5: or maybe not...

My point is that meeting negativity with more negativity gets everyone nowhere. And that the 'H' word is really a terrible word to use, especially when talking about Family.

And if you knew HHB, you would understand that it was not a slam but a wake-up call. He's been here longer than either of us & has his own way of expressing himself.

Oh & if you get to Ocala A-camp, tell Popeye I said hello....I think he's back that direction after his visit in TX....

13. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

hippiuestead i totasly appreciate your wisdom as always and agree 100%
    and its i tried explaining to hhb, its not all in how you read his posts but how he expeesses himself, and yes we know you have to make certain allowances for that, but why shouldnt he make some attenpt at expressing himself in a gentler kinder way that isnyt imediately confrontastuional especialy to newbies
    it turns alot of people off to family right away

it goes both ways is all im saying..comming hback at him with hate isnt right, but neither is inviting that comeback with his abrasive style
    im not trying to blame him ort anyone, i just really wish for once he would pay attention to how people reacte, and maybe just maybe try to adjust the way he comes off so hed receive a kinder responce

im noit trying to start a fight here, ive had way too much of that already, i just wish for once hed look at how people reacte to the way he talks to them and realize his part in causing such strong words as hate

when we sit in a circle eye to eye holding hands what is the purpose of that but to learn to get along? isnt it time to disarm the abrassive attitude, sit down and try to undserstand eachother instead of jumpling in on the attack
    trying to make the op feel foolish and stupid is an attack asfter all, it pushes them away or causes a reaction of anger (or confusion, arent rainbows suposed to be kind and full of love? why ami getting treatted so harshly)

i really thing that we should stop making excuses for hhb and his abrasiveness and maybe just maybe instead show him kindly just how he does come across..how he invites thge angeri know you care about him and hate to see him constasntly the subject of agressive postys
    but are yiou helping him by constantly just satyijhg thats just his way..or wouldnt it be a far fasr greatter help to sit him down show him why he gets therse reactiomns and maybe show him how he can reword things to come off gentler kinder and more likeable?

if newbies camed here and had a more enjoyable greeting instead ofleaving thinking wtf was up with tat guy theydstick around thin\ming god these people are all so wondeful

i doint even know wether he intends to come off abrassive or not..i know he doiesnt care if he does, but is it intentional? i really dont know
    i just thing his closest freinds like you would do more to help him by trying to show him how he could come off more likeable instead of just deffending him sand saying thats just his way of expressing himself..because its that way of expression that causes so many problems
    i really dont think hes a bad guy underneath the roughness..its probably a defgfgence mechanism even there maty be a sweet loevable guy hidden beneath the abrasiveness.. and he probably doesnt desserve 1/2 the shit he gets
    but he does bring it on himself by the way he talks to people, you know that as well as anyone
    so why not try counceling him on it as a freind?

i always felt you had great kindness and wisdom and gentlness..if anyone could get through to him i belueve it would be you

much respect to all

/rant
    (and this rant needs no reply i definately do not want a derailment)(

and sunshine al love ya brother

14. hippiehillbilly

well i see crybaby has ventured out of the dread forums to stir shit up over here..

a "slam" my ass. its a fucking realiity check just as cinnamon said.. nothing more.

look my statement may come off as abrasive but facts are facts..

quite frankly i aint here to win and make friends,. i could care less. if someone gets where i am coming from then so be it,if they dont oh fucking well..

i know one thing for sure too many times over the years we have had kids show up here saying "they will do their part" with no fucking clue as to what doing their part is.

this is my original post that everyone seems to be so up in arms about.

i dont know about you but i find this a valid question. will it feed anyone? will firewood get collected? will it wash dishes?will a hole for a shitter magically appear because he made hemp necklaces??

did he give ANY indication that he intended to do ANYTHING but bring hemp jewelry as doing his part? no he did not.

again a valid question with a idea of how making hemp necklaces could actually benefit the gathering thrown in.

IMO another kid with a bag fulla hemp doesnt do shit to help the gathering,just another mouth to feed sitting at trade circle.

note,i attempted to steer him in the right direction.

just my feelings on how laughable the statement was..

once again, yall can tell some green horn making hemp is doing their part if ya want,. I however dont feel that way,dont agree with that in the slightest little bit.

so after you tell him making hemp is doing his part, you keep him at your place,i got enough chores to do without feeding another mouth that sits around all day making necklaces...

what a fucking joke..

15. WanderingturnupII

Quit being negative about HHB..Why don't your rose colored glasses work on him? IT IS ALL GOOD, right?

16. hippiehillbilly

kinder gentler way.. lol

thats whats fucking wrong with america. everyone is so fucking worried about offending others that they encourage bad and unproductive behavior cause they dont wanna hurt anyones feelings..

they dont wanna stand up and say what they really feel,they just wanna accept people for who they are.

well fuck that. ive been used enough over the years for accepting people for what they are..

i call it like i see it,i aint gonna dance around cause im worried about hurtin someones feelings,cause quite frankly im not..

like i said,if you all think making hemp is doing his part then by all means take a couple of his trinkets to add to the other hundreds of trinkets you have and fill his belly full of food.

as for me, those days are over here. ya wanna eat,your gonna work,or at the very least contribute something useful,food,tools,green energy,necessities,SOMETHING tangible and USEFUL.not a completely useless piece of knotted hemp.

if that was a rule at the gatherings they would be a much nicer place to be in my opinion..

i make no apologies for who i am or what i stand for,you dont like it,oh fucking well.
    come walk a mile in my shoes,you just might grasp where im coming from.. i know lots of other rainbow have..

seems the same basic issue is why the hammock folks tapped out of the ocala thing if im not mistaken.

the truth may hurt,but that doesnt change the fact that its still the truth..

yeah,keep your rose colored glasses on,it accomplishes nothing,but then you wont see nothing is getting done...

17. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

Wanna help,,,,I repeat over n over n over,,,,dig shitters,,that'll make everyone happy,,,or haul supplies, help with clean up,don't leave your shit when u go home, help a kitchen out cooking or dishes,, dig compost ditches, go help kiddie village, donate to the magic hat every chance you get, ,,,,hemp doesnt help anyone but u in trade circle, and even then,,,,what are you gonna trade it for??? a shiny rock or a badly written poem cuz thats all ur gonna get for it,,Think bigger. try helping with the water system or go help calm

18. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

And this is exactly what I was trying to avoid with my first post...the inevitable clash between HHB & Soaring Eagle....happens nearly every time & it's like watching a bad movie over & over again. Folks are who they are....take Kalif for instance; the brother can get very obnoxious, is very abrasive by nature but he runs a d*mn tight parking lot shift. He can get the "but I need to park in front of the main trail" to double think their 'need' so that the trailhead doesn't turn into a worse traffic jam than it already does; but he's going to get the shuttle folks to pick anyone who really needs the help. He has to be an asshole sometimes to get the job done...and I love him for that. Fantuzzi, on the other hand, is the love & peace spreader type...he's going to be smiling on the trail & playing music & trying to spread the love, and sometimes he can be so happy that it can be annoying to some, but he is also fulfilling his purpose, just like Kalif is, and I love him too.

If everyone would just say what they want to say to add to the conversation & quit worrying about how someone else said something, we'd certainly be able to exchange a lot more information.

And here is my advise for Tuktuk, while I actually did spend one whole Gathering making hemp necklaces (& being mom to our then 8 yr old), I was doing it because all of me'n'JuJu's money had gone into food for the kitchen, to feed the hippies who just want to hang out & play. Playing is cool, but there's work to be done & it has to be done everyday. Shitters need to be dug, fire wood needs to be gathered, wood needs to be carried. The food that the kitchens serve has to come from somewhere...we'd spend thousands of dollars on food every year but that would only be enough to feed folks for about half the amount of time we were Gathering (pre-Gathering seed camp & post-Gathering clean-up camp need to eat too & they often don't have the resources that are available during the main Gathering times). If it's something you would use while camping in a primative area, bring enough for yourself for sure but also for sharing if you can. Remember to pack out what you pack in.

19. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

When u bring the hemp though,,,try taking em up to kiddie village as gifts,,that'd be nice, you'd make the kiddos day. HHB is right about your car though hun,,,might wanna take a bus or invest in shocks, Don't want your vehicle to end up like countless others,,,stuck at front gate for eternity. Oh yeah,, it's gonna be cold as a mutha at night, so bring shitloads of warm stuff n socks,, and being as its your first time go down to a whole foods place n get urself some natural unprocessed herbs n food...better get your body detoxed off the processed food now so you dont feel the detox when you get there n start eating at alot of the kitchens,, i saw some people running to the shitters n feeling ill from that. no fun kid.

20. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

[​IMG]and "It's better to give then receive" & "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and most of all "Keep the Faith" everything will work out "Don't Worry" but as was learned by me in Boy Scouts "Be Prepared",as much as you can and you will have a Wonderful time. You won't be the same after, I mean that in a Good Way. Lovin You All.

PS: Yes Ms. Cinnamon, I'll give Popeye your Hello. Curious what condition he will be in. You never know with Popeye! LOL.
    Also, I've been around the Sun 60 times,soon to be 61 in April. Whether that makes me dizzier or wiser or neither,as it's just times around the Sun,but I have been around the longest and hopefully longer.
    [​IMG], Al