Doing A Cover Of A Classic Song In Your Own Style

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by shockerdj, Mar 6, 2017.

1. shockerdj

shockerdj Members

Im a member of a Barcelona based musical project called Noise Revolution and we wanted to cover the song Street Spirit by Radiohead and give it a personal twist.
    Its interesting how you can transform a classic song and give it your own style and vision but always with much respect to the original composers.
    Heres the song:

You can listen to the song here
    www.thenoiserevolution.com

2 people like this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I like how you gave the cover a different style and feel. I think that's one of those songs that if you try and play straight up and convey the same emotion, you're fighting a losing battle, so good job reworking of it.

1 person likes this.
  3. shockerdj

shockerdj Members

Thank you Guerillabedlam for your comment, we apreciate it!
    you are right we wanted to do something different, im glad you like it

4. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I'm a singer who pretends to play guitar, but good enough people will stuff money in my jar and older women flatter me. I use a Broadway Blues Walk in the Park nonjudgmental style of singing and do unusual versions of songs like "Ventura Highway" by America and "Gimmie the Beat Boys and Free My Soul" by Dobbie Grey. Pop songs are all squeaky high notes and being able to turn anything into my own style of walk in the park blues allow me to sing countless songs I could never sing any other way. Singing is all about inflection and being able to sing is what I recommended to a linguist friend of mine who speaks seven languages fluently as a way to learn how to just let your words flow like a river to the sea. Language is all about metaphors and the greater context of the truth determining the meaning of everything, with reproducing songs or anything being a question of who you are wish to become this moment.

5. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

One of my old bands did a cover of "Sweet Leaf" by Black Sabbath as a reggae tune.

C/S,
    Rev J

2 people like this.
  6. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

That's awesome man... I actually find it so fun to do covers in your own way