Does winter time slow your nudism down?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by travelguy61, Oct 20, 2019.

1. travelguy61

travelguy61 Members

Me living in Texas where it really doesn't get that cold. I don't let the winter months slow my nudism down. When I need to, I turn up the heater so I can stay nude at home, but it does slow my backyard nudity down some and can't use my pool until the water warms in the summer time. It does let you have indoor nudist parties. Which does help your social nudist gatherings.

MasseurNaturel likes this.
  2. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

It slows my outdoor nudism down. I will step out in the back yard naked for a few minutes in the bitter cold or go down to the mailbox after dark but that’s about the extent. Still naked inside all of the time.

3. NudeDavid19

NudeDavid19 Banned

Thankfully I have built-in heaters at my house, so even the cold cannot stop naked-time! Muahahaha!

4. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It definitely slows down my nudism. I can't stand a $200 or more a month heating bill to keep my place warm enough to be naked. So I just wait it out in my sweat pants and wool socks and spring will be here soon enough.

5. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

As it gets cooler I definetly cut back on my outside nudity.. Not indoors. Fortunately we have a home too in florida so in the winter we go there and things are back to normal for me. We also attend the local nudist resort there numerous days a week

6. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

The cold and snow put a damper on outside nudity for any length of time. I will go outside nude in the cold for a few minutes and walk barefoot in the snow. Inside the heat is on and nude all the time.

7. RT19

RT19 Members

Not at all really I am still always nude in the house. I have a lovely open flame fire and the heat feels amazing on my bare skin

8. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

I'm always nude at home all year round, but it does get far too cold here to sunbathe naked outdoors. I do have an outdoor hot tub and a sauna and showers, it's fine walking to and from those briefly, and things like hot tub parties in the snow with friends are fun. I host and also go to a lot of nudist parties, which are all just indoors in the winter months, not quite as much fun as outdoor pool parties in the summer, so yes winter does slow things down a bit and not as much fun, but still enough fun.

9. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Most of mine is in spas, so it does not change much at all.

10. Steveh

Steveh Members

I do more spa time in the winter as well

11. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

It depends. I can fare pretty well in the cold sometimes. I have done a nude polar bear swim in water that was less than 50 F. I was also at a nudist resort when it was in the 50s F before I felt I had to put on clothes.
    On a slightly related note. Just the other day, I was up in the snow, it was below freezing, and I saw this teenage girl in a crop top. She had a jacket, but the front part of her stomache was complete exposed.

beachwalker likes this.
  12. beachwalker

beachwalker Members

Almost totally. Unless we manage to go south for a trip - Canaries always a good destination to get naked in the winter sun.

13. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We are heading to the Canaries Oct, 2020

14. beachwalker

beachwalker Members

Where to? Our favourite is Maspalomas.

15. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Winter is a lousy time for naturism. Here in Australia we have had to reach for jumpers and jackets in the first two weeks of summer because of an anomaly where the high pressure systems are drifting a bit further north than normal, resulting in SE Australian states being swiped by cold fronts coming up from Antarctica! But today it is 40 degrees celsius, and we'll make the most of it before a cool wind change in the evening!

I wear a polartec jumper in the winter time, but not generally anything else. Rotten days are common: grey, wet, cold and windy days make me cover up and keep busy with odd jobs rather than tolerate the gloomy atmosphere.

16. CyclingNaturally

CyclingNaturally Members

It actually speeds up my indoor nudism in the winter because then I wear robes with nothing under it and am more free about letting it fall open, etc. In the summer it would be weird in my specific situation to walk around naked all the time, but wearing a robe and letting it fall open while relaxing makes more sense. (Lots of backstory I won't bore anyone with.)

17. Fat Boy

Fat Boy Members

Or at all. Love a quick walk to the wood shed to get wood for the fire place.

18. The Shark

The Shark Members

Covid pretty much killed our nudism this year. We never got a chnce to do anything this year, just wasnt in the cards for us. Wish there was an indoor venue we could go to during the winter, otherwise we have to endure a long wait for next summer.

19. NudeMTB

NudeMTB Senior Member

Yes and no. I dont venture out quite as much, but I do love the odd naked hike or walk in the in the snow. I am still nude at home all the time regardless.

20. NISKUNUDIST

NISKUNUDIST Member

At a complete standstill for me this Winter. Indoor Nude swims are cancelled in Edmonton until further notice. Our last one due to Covid was February 28th