Does this senerio happen often to you guys?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by TresBizzare420, Jun 27, 2006.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

ooooo yeah...i was a manager at walmart, and my tattoos always got nasty remarks from snooty women and old men....and they wouldnt let me have my piercings in...i had to take them out when i was on the salesfloor...it was a ridiculous chicken-shit company

2. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Ok, so my story is like this. got my nipples pierced and called it a day. a month later my mother notices them and downgrades me! "that cheepens you" "you can't breastfeed." i love my mother but honestly, wanted to tell her to shut her mouth. I pierced my nipples for a reason, because nobody has to see them! It's a sexual thing and it's nobody else's business. If I wanted people to give a shit about my piercings I would have gotten a facial piercing!

But honestly, I don't like facial piercings. I'm not one to judge though, I'm just saying I can see where people may come from. Facial piercings look really cute when the stud is flush up-against your skin and the bar isn't sticking an inch off of you face! That bothers me! (Just my opinion!)

3. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

yeah i get alot of strange looks from people over my tattoos. or if i go to the bar, i get guys saying "i love dave grohl" basically trying to pick me up just cause i have a tattoo of dave grohl but then if i ask them a simple question about dave grohl, they don't even know the answer.
    people are fucking stupid.

4. Henry151

Henry151 Member

I pierced my lip a few weeks ago. When I first saw my aunt Linda (who weighs in at over 350 pounds), the first thing she said to me was "Oh my god, what did you do to your face? You look AWFUL! And that hair!!!" (i have dreads too)... I replied "Thanks, Linda... You look different--did you gain a few pounds?" The look on her face was priceless.

5. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

two wrongs dont make a right.....im heavy and have tatts and piercings...people need to stoip and realize people come in all shapes sizes colors and creeds....thats life everyone was created differently and will always be different....accepting such things shouldnt be so hard.....and try not judging people after they judge u..it just lowers u to their level

6. Henry151

Henry151 Member

I meant no offense to heavier people, sweetdreadlover, i'm sorry if I insulted you. I see your point about two wrongs not making a right, but I have to admit that it felt very satisfying to hit her in her soft spot, when she's always insulting me anyway she can.

7. Imagine11

Imagine11 Member

Yeah. It's amazing how many people are ignorant about the complexities of Dave Grohl.

8. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

It's funny - I'm only just now getting to the point where I'm not bashful about the idea of permanent body mod. in more publicly visible places anymore. I think for me, the transition goes along with a mental change this last year or so... I've been making more "permanent" decisions about my life. My partner and I, though we don't believe in marriage, have made the decision to PLAN to stay together forever. I rediscovered and fell in love with my dreads all over again, and came to decide that I don't ever want to cut them. And now that I've become more comfortable and "decided" in my life, the idea of those permanent outward changes is less daunting. If I have visible tattoos and stretched earlobes.... I don't really care if it turns some people off. I don't live for anyone's happiness but my own. :) And I don't need to impress anyone who isn't going to love me for my individuality, and see past whatever about my appearance might alarm them.

9. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

nicely said, humblebee

10. trixie27

trixie27 Member

words of the wise

11. PurplePearl

PurplePearl Member

I got really tired of the rude comments, hard stares and really dumb questions (ireally did'nt need the stress) so the only peircing I now wear are my tongue and my ears, I took the rest out. I still have my ever increasing tattoo colection and I tend to stand out because of my hair as well. I have'nt really felt the same since I took them out and sometimes wish I had'nt. The navel and nipple peircings were removed during my first pregnancy and were never put back as I considered my body to be ruined after the birth, and not really worth drawing any attention to.

12. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

I walked up to the lady at the post office and I had a bar through my septum. She said to me,"That looks like it hurts. What happens if you turn your head and stick somebody with it?" Another lady saw my septum barbel and exclaimed,"what are you going to do when you have a cold?" On the plus side a cute girl said to me in CVS as she passed by,"I like your septi". I get all kinds of reactions.

One older woman was astonished as we were on line together at the gauge of my earings, and politely asked what the trick was. I just told her I stretch the holes. We were waiting on line to see a religious relic no less.