Does Revenge Make You Feel Better?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by tumbling.dice, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Fuck I miss playing chess.
    I never have people who want to play
    And if they do, one game only then never again

tumbling.dice and Irminsul like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm the same, exactly. but then when i think about it, i just don't seem to have the time either.
    but then i do, but i guess other hobbies take time away.

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

True. I used to play against computer a bit and I never do now.

I think, later today, I shall.

Irminsul likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i member i pretty much shit talked this guy into playing me on another forum wayyy back maybe like 10 year ago now lol maybe more actually. same trash talk i do now and he thought he was all king chess player. i say aight then, yahoo chess let's go. i even let him take a move back in that game and I still beat him. He refused to play me again nor would he ever again engage in conversation about chess with me.

His name was Derreke from NewFoundLand Canada. And if you're reading this, I hope it still hurts. :)

Driftrue likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I love chess.
    I just learned how to play recently, my son and I learned together
    I have a really dope Harry Potter chessboard lol

Driftrue and Irminsul like this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didn't even realize this was the revenge thread

Tyrsonswood and Driftrue like this.
  7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

All revenge should be taken in the form of a game of chess.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I still have the first chess book I ever got. :)

20200327_212611.jpg

tumbling.dice and Driftrue like this.
  9. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Only if it's swift, brutal and effective! An ex boss once rang me, I'd left after we'd had a major row over work, he rang to ask If he'd offended me, because he'd woke up that morning and discovered aomeone had vandalised his car! I told him in no uncertain terms that no, he hadn't offended me, he'd totally pissed me off, and as regards taking revenge if I was going to do something he'd be looking for a set of kneecaps, annonymously trashing a car solves nothing, they'll still upset you as they've no idea who did it, give em a kicking and it's certain they won't upset you again.

10. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

3bb90371-c74d-4207-a6d0-7d6af0181a28_text.gif

Gul Dukat and phil1965 like this.
  11. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

If you saw my vehicle close up it resembles an unmarked police vehicle, I do something similar to you, sometimes when you get a roadworks and they're bringing it down from 3 lanes to 2 and you get idiots hurtling down to cut in at the last minute, I wait until about 500 yards off the closure and straddle lanes 2 and 3, nothing gets past, sometimes you get the idiot waving at you, giving you the V's or the wanker signal, it's really funny when I illuminate the flashing rear reds, and they have an 'oh shit' moment.
    Last year I had one, a crash in lane 3 on the motorway, traffic was slowing and police on scene, but they not got the closure on, so in order to give them a chance I sat in lane 3, (the traffic was only doing about 30mph) switched on the rear reds and slowed down, preventing anything from passing. Suddenly this know in a beemer came hurtling up flashing me to move over, I knew he wasn't a cop, but he couldn't see what I could, so I let him past, the copper he was hurtling toward was less than impressed and dealt with him accordingly. god I hate some people.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Your car resembles an unmarked police vehicle?

Well that just means it looks like a car to me. :p

13. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

no,I used to use it for my work so it had all kinds of kit on it, it,s only close up that you notice though, lights behind the grill, or set into the bumpers, extra camera's, that kind of stuff.lol

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've also found that it's impossible to find someone to play chess with. it's not like a game takes all day, monopoly style. i don't know what the chess aversion is all about.

i hate playing online. for some reason, i just can't visualize all the various moves on a 2d board.

15. I can't remember how to castle a king in chess. I hate chess.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I actually find that the overhead helps me out as I can see every possible avenue whereas it gets taken away from me when I sit in person, sometimes I like to stand up for a birds eye view.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

maybe if i had learned on an overhead view it would be different. i dunno. logically it doesn't seem like it should matter, but for some reason in practice it does.

Dejavu~ likes this.
  18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Well just as soon as this virus is over I will go and play chess with Mel and mel's kid and undies.

19. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Got to have nothing between the king and the rook. Then, go for it. The squares between them. (edit: Also, to do so, you can't have already moved them. )

I'd never play I'minmyunderwear. He's too keen. Probably studies the grand masters :-D
    I'd play beat any of you at pool. ;-D

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yes!

Driftrue likes this.