Does nudism lead to swinging/the lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Mirsman, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Mirsman

Mirsman Members

Does nudism lead to swinging?

2. Granite69

Granite69 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Only if that’s what you want and have the ability to make happen would be the short answer.

Overall, there are way more men who are into naturism and nudism than there are women and the numbers just aren’t there if you’re a solo nudist man who seeks more than just being naked in a social setting or in nature. Generally speaking, the idea that you are going to go to a nudist club or beach and find sex is probably only going to lead to you getting frustrated or kicked out or both. Having said that, if you are part of a nudist couple and want to have fun with other nudist couples, there are venues out there that cater to that specific interest. But it’s not the norm at all.

3. Mirsman

Mirsman Members

Thank you.

Granite69 likes this.
  4. Forever Edger

Forever Edger Senior Member

That question is typical of someone who does not understand the nudist lifestyle. That comes from mostly society which equates nudity with sex.
    In the US swinger/open couples make up about 4%, so that number would be the same with nudists. If you go to a nudist resort with a sexual intent you will be unsuccessful in your quest. The attitude towards nudism from society is that nudists are sex craved maniacs. Posts I have seen here regarding shaved/unshaved genitalia is also off track as the question focuses on genitalia and not the nudist lifestyle, so those asking such questions are suspect regarding their motivation within a nudist lifestyle.
    I get annoyed with questions linking nudism and sex. Obviously, people have sex, and nudists are not prudes, but such questions reflect societal association with nudity and sex.

5. Mirsman

Mirsman Members

Thanks for your opinion!!!

Forever Edger likes this.
  6. Forever Edger

Nudism is complicated, especially in the US. In Europe, nudity is no big deal in the right social situation. One Finnish woman a long time ago told me that Americans are "complexed". Upon probing more she meant complexed as being having hang ups, having issues with nudity and sex. She rightly stated that in the US nudity is associated with sex. Thus the hangups with nudity. Usually over time, anyone going to a nudist resort becomes more social, as sexuality goes to the back burner.
    I don't want to make sex a non issue, because it is as important to nudists as well as non nudists.

Bushwack and Mirsman like this.
  7. Mirsman

Mirsman Members

Thank you!

8. nldn

nldn Senior Member

The two both involve not wearing clothes, that is the only thing in common in my opinion.

9. Mirsman

Mirsman Members

Thank you!

10. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Into swinging before we ever visited nude beach. So no. Skinny dipping party cove. maybe?

Mirsman likes this.
  11. Mirsman

Mirsman Members

Thanks!

12. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

No not specifically, although I have met quite few swingers at nudist places.

Nudegardner and Mirsman like this.
  13. Mirsman

Mirsman Members

Thanks!

14. Steveh

Steveh Members

There are some at every nudist resort we have visited

Mirsman likes this.
  15. Mirsman

Mirsman Members

Thanks!

16. PrettyfeetANNA

PrettyfeetANNA Pan poly trans female

I mean I’m always the one of mindset that if you need to get yours I’m always game. So I mean it could if that’s what you wanted. I have been naked around friends, with them joining naked. Nothing happened most times, but every once in a while we would end up playing with them or both them and their partner

Mirsman likes this.
  17. The Shark

The Shark Members

Depends on the individual. For some it is definitely a gateway to swinging as lot of resorts do have swingers as part of their membership.
    For others like my wife and myself, the answer is no. We’re not into the swinging lifestyle at all, we just enjoy the freedom and relaxation of being nude.

Forever Edger likes this.
  18. Steveh

Steveh Members

it sure is a gateway to swinging

19. Forever Edger

It could be but most nudists enjoy nudism itself and many I know are not swingers.

20. nudony

nudony Member

Correct. It's a "gateway" to swinging only if you're open to it and/or express interest in it.
    My wife and I socialize a lot at our resort; and every once in a blue moon we'll encounter a couple that turns out to be swingers. We're friendly towards them; but do not express any interest in their sexual proclivities. And they quickly realized we can be friends but not participants in their "lifestyle" choice.

Even our more flirtatious friends have a "line in the sand" when it comes to how "physical" they're willing to get with other nudists at the resort.