Does much recycling take place in you area?

Discussion in 'Recycling' started by Spacer, Jan 12, 2005.

1. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

My e-pal in AR. says its the same there, her town just finally got a FREECYCLE group--maybe you can get one going where you are????

Lois

2. geoman

geoman Member

In my town you can get a second bin for recycling but it's hard to get and comes every other week. I started doing it though cause it reduces are garbage output by a 1/4. I also started a compost pile so we don't fill up the trash can too quickly

3. pattymary

pattymary Member

in jamaica there is no recycling and in the hills where i live no garbage collecting.. it means i burn the garbage myself. this country is advertising itself for its natural beauty sea beaches and rivers but does not give a damn for the environment. the government does not know nothing about recycling. all the beaches left alone are full of plastic bottles and when you go to the supermarket they give you plastic bags like sand! this country does not even have enough sense to protect its biggest richness and definitely the population does not have any environmental education.. i wonder if they know sometimes recycling can make money!

4. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Pretty much everyone on my street recycles, I see them every Wednesday when it gets picked up.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We have to save our stuff and drive it out to the county recycling center ourselves.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

There's no recycling here...