Does KAVA KAVA get you high?

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by Jay_Billionz, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Stoned Philosopher

Stoned Philosopher Member

amazon has HBWR seeds, might wanna try that.

2. Kava Kafe

Kava Kafe Member

so in conclusion...kava has the ability to get one "high" or "buzzed". If you use it correctly and have good stuff. At my kava bar we call it "rooted".

3. Idl4587

Idl4587 Banned

Kava(extract) never did anything for me other than maybe put me in ease when stressed out. I'll have to try more recipes and the root stuff...looks a little more promising,

4. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

I'm actually surprised anyone responded when this dipshits opening line is to call everyone a mother fucker. :mad:

Jay, if you're worried about mommy and daddy then maybe you should leave drugs to the big boys and girls.

(Jays daddy=:toetap05:)

5. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

^lol

wanted to say that i just made a brew with coconut milk tonight, and a good amount of some quality root powder.

all i have to say is that the answer is yes. you really just have to know what you're doing, it took me a long time to get it right but i would definitely consider it worth the effort.

6. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

from my experience in Kenya people eating kava kava are normally too laid back to be able to either get it up or cum.

Simon

7. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

Kenya? Wasn't aware kava was popular there, but what do you know, you learn something new everyday.

8. mrkiasume

mrkiasume Member

that must suck so bad... I HATE it when stuff like that happens to me when i get into a dusty condition

9. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I think that Kava is a great psychoactive. It is very mild, but still very efficacious. Buy only the root powder and make the best tasting smoothies you can muster up. That is half the fun! Effects-wise, it is very similar to the anxiolytics benzodiazepines like Xanax and Klonopin. You should try it.

10. preveda

preveda Guest

I have never tried kava kava in pill form - I have kava kava extract, liquid, that I purchased at a small organic food store in Oneonta, NY. The 2oz bottle cost $20, and from time to time I'll put some in my tea.
    If you put a good amount in, you will feel a little "high" for a little while - slightly euphoric, my face usually gets a little numb. It doesn't last a real long time, but it is relaxing and can help ease you into sleep, or ease any anxiety. I got it because I was having some issues with anxiety, and it does seem to help. Don't go crazy and use it in massive amounts for an extended period of time, because it can be bad for your liver.

This is the brand I got, you can buy it online - it's actually cheaper than what I paid for it :p

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Kava-Kava-Extract-2-fl-oz-60-ml/682?at=0

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Anything that's a substitute for something else isn't even anything.

I mean, to those who consider it a substitute. It could still be a wonderful thing for people who understand and accept/want what it really is.

12. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

kava gives a nice relaxing mellowed out sedation if you consume the right product.High isnt the term i would use though

13. Nocturnes

Nocturnes Member

High is defiantly not a term I'd use. A form of herbal drunkenness, but that's about it. I'd love to get my hands on a extract or raw root. But I'll settle for kroger-brand tea..

14. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

But if it doesn't get you high enough to let a herd of donkeys run a train on you, it doesn't count as a real drug, and as such, high school freshmen are not interested.

I'm quite interested though. I enjoy subtle drugs as much as in your face ones.

15. dutchblood87

dutchblood87 Member

do some real drugs, pussy

16. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Yeah didn't really work at all for me, but people told me online on this site that what I got was probably bamm schwazz (shit quality) because supposedly good stuff really works I heard. I really want to try some.

17. Primal

Primal Member

I drank a ton of it when I was travelling in Fiji with some locals. Makes your mouth a bit numb, chills you out a bit, but doesn't get you 'high', as others have said. Its like a cup of tea to them, not some crazy mind expanding drug as used in, for instance, shamanic cultures...

18. chjobr

chjobr Guest

Yup, methane is one of the best highs ever. You have to do it right, though - put it on wax paper, inside a paper bag, and put your head inside the bag and shake it to release the methane molecules

19. Nocturnes

Nocturnes Member

I heard that in very high dosages, you can hallucinate.. if you can stand the taste of kava...

20. drrazzu

drrazzu Member

Kava is very popular around the world for the reason of how it makes you feel. First, get quality root products from one of the online kava outlets. I order from a couple of them. One place I order offers prepackaged mixes that are decent. But I order the powdered root and my recent order is for Chiefs Jungle Kava. It runs about $25 a pound with free shipping. A pound last awhile. Just do a search of Kava and study a little helps a lot.

The kava high is not like others. It is subtle but quite enjoyable with others. This high would be compared to floating over the ground while lsd is outer/inner space exploration. If you want to kegger or an acid test then Kava is not for you. If you want something to enhance a romantic evening or a quite social with friends then this is the dope.
    Dr Razzu