Does KAVA KAVA get you high?

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by Jay_Billionz, Jul 10, 2008.

1. framesh1ft

framesh1ft Member

No the low potency pills/powder is also low strength. Its borderline no effect. The paste does have an effect. but as others have said its not much of a high.

2. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

No. If you want to get high smoke some goddamn weed. Kava is weak but it is relaxing.

3. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

Im still confused why you cant order from anywhere but Amazon. If you have access to the internet, cant you go to all of the sites? Try IAS.

4. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Yeah. I say give up now. You keep asking what gets you high and buying shit before you even know what it does. I don't understand why you can't just get some weed or grow some shrooms.

5. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My guess is that he is under aged and if he orders from amazon he can just tell his folks that he just ordered a cd or something, But if a package comes with a company name like iamshaman questions will be asked.

6. Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz Member

^^ exactly, I can order anything i want from amazon cause my parents don't care but thats the ONLY place, not ebay,not nothing.

7. BillyX

BillyX Member

lol kava capsules wont get you very far if you where to get some fresh root and make a tea out of it you may get a relaxed feeling and a numb throat, if you want some legal alternatives for geting high see if your supermarket has some morning glory seeds and buy a bunch of them and look here for a extraction method on this web site other than that your other legal alternatives would be Salvia (depending on where you live) Nitrous Oxide, Cough Syrup, Poppers & Nutmeg all of which can be obtained legally from head shops, supermarkets and so on.

8. pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal Member

If you're only limited to amazon, and you want to get high then then thats some good advice.

Personally I'd stay away from nutmeg, but any of those other choices would definetly work to get you "high". Just make sure you do the proper research before attempting anything.

9. Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz Member

10. BillyX

BillyX Member

yup you will also need some sort of cracker, like the whiped cream dispenser to get nitrous out of the bulbs, alot of people on here will say ohh dont do nitrous, but i enjoy it read up on it at http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous.shtml and decide from there!

11. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Don't do nitrous, Ive known way to many people who have used nitrous and end up complete morons with such a short term memory they could barely remember when they took a piss last.

12. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

really strong kava will make me immobile on the sofa for 20 minutes giggling at everything
    thats about it

nutmeg though does have a pretty interesting effect. Everyone is like no, not nutmeg cause it's all cheap and it makes most people nauseous supposedly, so it's got a bad rep. But I seem to mix well with it and actually enjoy it for itself every now and then. Just buy the whole nuts at the grocery store, pre-ground doesn't work, you need whole nuts. If your like around 125 lbs, grind up 3 of them, add another nut for probably every 40 additional lbs you have. That would be a fairly mild dose. It's almost kind of like what marijuana feels like an hour after smoking it, only it lasts for like 10 hours. It doesn't fully wear off for like 30 hours though...

P.S nitrous is awesome, and this thread in combination with your damiana thread really just invalidates your lsd thread

13. Kava Kafe

Kava Kafe Member

Some people out there are saying kava is weak...are you kidding me?!? If you never smoked weed before and had one hit of some cheap mexican shwag. You would say marijuana doesn't do anything but make you cough. Now go try some indoor hydroponics from a shop in Amsterdam and you would report something completely different. Same thing with kava. You eat some pills from a pharmaceutical company and report that kava doesn't do a thing. Now go to my kava bar in hawaii and have a fatty shell of some Hiwa or Papa Kea kava and you'll be giggling and your cheek muscles will hurt from smiling so much. You get what you pay for and you pay for what you get.
    http://www.kavakafe.com/shop.html

14. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

Im getting a little sick of people who keep saying "just smoke some weed"

really?! weed gets you high? whoa, thats news to me. maybe people wanna try other plants besides weed?

15. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

Yes and no. :D

16. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

Kava works best when you make it into a drink. use 2 heaping tbsp kava root powder per 8oz water. blend for 4 min. For maximum extraction allow to sit in fridge for 30 min and reblend 4 min. Not sure but soy lechtin helps maximize extraction as well. You MUST no exceptions pour contents into a muslin bag twist the top and slowly squeeze the bag from the bottom up. Add filtered contents back into blender and add a little bit of pineapple juice and coconut milk for flavor. Pulse the blender for a quick mix and pour contents in a small glass on ice. I suggest making 16-32 ounces of extract at a time to avoid having to make an extraction for each drink. Always flavor with pineapple juice and coconut milk after filtering or you will reek like pineapple coconut for days and the filtering is a total pain. The effects are similar to beer except you cannot get plastered out of your mind. Very pleasurable and a great herbal substitute for beer.

17. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

I have a Kava Kava tea that gets me out of it for a few hours. It almost makes me immobile, though.

18. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

so'd you all recomend kava (never heard of it befor now...) for exam stress?

19. Happiness4Dogs

Happiness4Dogs Member

First, please do a little research and have some damn respect for these plants.

Not every substance can be seperated into what gets you high and what doesn't especially when it comes to ethnobotanicals. BTW Kava prepared correctly (traditionally not in a fucking pill) is a very potent ethnobotanical.

"Plzzzz guiys can you tell me will DMT fuck me up plzzz omfg tell me???""

No damn respect. Perhaps you should stick to huffing gasoline 2.35 a gallon baby it will get you high and your parents will never know!!!:cheers2:

20. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

:iagree:

just stick to pot.....or maybe you could go huff your own shit... i heard that gets you high because of the methane.