does it really feel that much better w/ no condom

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Lina876, Jul 7, 2012.

1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No... My question was about logic. Like if A>B and C<B then how does A relate to C. That kind of logic.
    :)
    You also created an additional logical fallacy in this reply - do you see it?

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Fallacy typically relates to falsehoods... You callin' me a liar? :sunglasses:

I just mean that pregnancy is important enough to warrant discussion. So are condoms. :)

3. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I "know what you mean" (pretty sure I did) but I'm trying to show you to more carefully consider your wording. ( See The Four Agreements)
    Not that you're a "liar" of course. I wouldn't feel good about doing to you what the mainstream press does to prominent political figures who call them out on their inaccuracies. But if you wait till she's pregnant to stop using condoms, if one doesn't break or something, then she either will never get pregnant or at least not from you. The second logical fallacy is that to become pregnant there needs to be discussion. Obviously, the biology does not require that.

I hope among the important things you discuss with your girlfriend prior to marriage is If, when, and how many children each of you would consider having.

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

Without trying to outwhit each other I take it that if the previous poster meant of they being "we" are a couple with the female partner being pregnant they might then be comfortable not wearing condoms. For now it seems it's a part of the contraception plan and family planning. Maybe there is further reason to use them
    If there is or has been sexual activity with other partners while together then it's certainly another reason to use protection, if there are playmates in the mix they might not in the relationship and not intended to father a child for them. Having mutually agreeable sexual experiences or any relationship should be be come a lifetime commitment b because there was an unplanned pregnancy. Having a child asvan unplanned impregnation from the 3rd party could easily be a game changer if it was just meant to be some mutual fun with a couple

Communication should be a big part of Family planning along with contraception.

If you are having sex with a pregnant partner in relationship without other consequences then there is no reason not to enjoy the pleasures and intimacy of not using a condom.

5. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

To that I will add I don't use terms like "we" are pregnant or "they" are pregnant. I first heard it maybe 20 years ago when my mates wife was pregnant. His mother announced they were pregnant.
    I don't know if it's always been a correct term but it seems to be more common now.
    I did not here it in my first. 30 years and I still see it as a person, the female is pregnant. The person is physically pregnant.

6. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

That's precisely the point.
    Imprecise language.
    :-o

Sambone likes this.
  7. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

Yeah but I'm still confused. Is it grammatically correct to say they are pregnant or we are pregnant?
    It doesn't sit right with me.
    Are there any boffins here who can advise if it is technically correct or in which English speaking countries it is considered correct or even common.

8. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Men generally will not announce to their buddies that "we are pregnant." It's "she's, she got, or my wife, spouse, girlfriend is - pregnant." Usually it's the female who is so enamored that her mate contributed to a female long time yearning of being with child where she says "we" or a third party who announces that "they" are pregnant. So it depends on the context of the announcement that makes it grammatically correct.
    Now the earlier statement made about going bareback once pregnancy exists is a contradictory condition. That isn't going to happen unless, given the high prevention rates of its use, a condom wasn't used before pregnancy happened. Furthermore there is no need for discussion prior to the female becoming pregnant. If it is going to happen, it's going to happen as long as semen is present in a womans body to where the sperm is carried to and connects with the egg. Talking about it isn't going to make that happen. I can attest to that. Two of our children came from quickies and at no time did we discuss her getting pregnant beforehand. It was "Come here and fuck me before you go." So I dropped my pants, slid my cock into her pussy, pumped and came, pulled my pants up, and went to work. It took less than ten minutes total. The last quickie (before I got snipped) she called me later that day and told me she was PG. Not because we talked about it. It was because I fucked her, fucked her bareback, and left about a million sperm in her pussy.

Well I'm curious likes this.
  9. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I always mused over "oh HE got her pregnant". I had a close call like that with a young girlfriend. No way I was gonna be one of those guys, I always had a rubber on if I was even in the same zip code of her pussy. Then once, very early in her cycle, she insisted on me taking it off and going in bare back "oh, I just got over my period and there's no way I can get pregnant, I really want to feel it in me". So, of course, thinking with my smaller brain, I went along with it and that month she was late. It was once, ever. Oh it turned out nothing, but she ended up telling her parents and it was a shit storm, more or less that I forced myself on their daughter....parents have a misguided perception of their child's sexuality....especially her...

10. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

My thoughts on communication are planning pregnancy should be discussed. Thinking with the smaller brain does get people in trouble but some women have been known to say, imply or not say all sorts of things. I think they should be a bit more upfront and pregnancy should be planned or discussed where possible, yeah play it safe but if if it's been discussed maybe it's gonna be well use a condom to stick with the plan

11. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Okay, new subject. English grammar. Proper grammar is well documented, and in this case your question is not limited to English. What you want to study is first, second, and third person singular and plural. For example, I and she are singular, first and third person respectively. Once you know and understand the mechanics, it's easy to determine correct form from aberation.

That said, sometimes people use colloquialisms which are technically incorrect but accepted within their demographic. When someone says "we" are pregnant, the "we" referring to a husband and wife, what they're really saying is that they are expecting a child. Obviously they both cannot be pregnant since that privilege is reserved for only women. But they both can be expecting a child who they parented. This language imprecision (not included in the language imprecisions pointed out earlier, to be clear) is used by a speaker less prone to precision, knowingly or unknowingly.

In some cases, a speaker can be aware of an anomaly and use it anyway, either in an attempt to match the target audience or to send a message that they're "cool" and don't need to follow the rules.

Whatever the case, I maintain that it's better for speakers to be as precise as they can. Communication is key. Which, of course, is why the rules are formulated and documented.

12. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

So it's not really a correct term or an old correct term that people are reviving to show their proper use of the language or their vocabulary?
    I don't use it.
    I also think the term Ms is a personal choice. I did not learn it as a kid but at say I was 8 in 1980 some women used it where they were not wishing to identify as Miss, Mrs by choice maybe an adult Miss or a women not married but partnered .
    Marriage is a choice do or don't. I'm trying to understand Ms.
    Last week I asked a supervisor to check a letter I had to provide in a formal context. My supervisor amended my Miss to Ms upon checking a document provided by the recipient I found she had handwritten her title as Miss. I corrected the letter and sent it out.
    Should. I correct my supervisor?

13. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Go ahead and correct him. See where that gets you. I agree it is a prickly pear in addressing the female in correspondence these days. One wishes to show respect but instead fails at using the preferred address. Ms. became popular during the 1970's women's movement for equal rights. Some women, married or not, prefer not to be addressed as Mrs. or Miss but Ms. Language evolution changes meanings of terms used as time goes by. Example: Why is there an r in Mrs. which is pronounced Missus. Because it was originally a term for Mistress and not the type of woman kept by married men for sexual relations. In the middle of the18th century Mistress referred to a woman of economic or social status with no sexual connotation whatsoever. Today it is understood as a woman who is rewarded for being a sexual partner to a married man and not his spouse. The term cock is used to describe the male appendage. It is also a term describing a male chicken or rooster or a verb describing a a device for regulating the flow of liquid. Cuckold was a term used to describe a married man whose wife, unbeknownst to him, was having sex with other men. Today it is a term used to describe a man who encourages his mate to mate with other men. As of today the term condom is still used to describe what a man places over his cock in order to keep his mistress or the cuckolded wife free from pregnancy or disease. Someday I expect the term will evolve to describe a male or female who is infertile as in "He/she's a condom because he or she can't get pregnant." Or "He's a condom because he's so stupid he doesn't even know how to fuck much less get her pregnant."

14. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've always felt that "we're pregnant" rather clearly indicated a commitment, a bond.

As to "Ms.", to me it indicates that the writer is aware the recipient is female, but her marital status is of no importance to the subject at hand.

Clarity in the use of a complex language is primary.

15. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

True, so if clarity is the goal then we'll forgo what we feel something means and go with correct. Should we care to avoid being considered ignorant due to poor education, we'll avoid "we're pregnant" and use "we're expecting" when wanting to convey that commitment/bond in the communication.

Ms is also used when the marital status of the addressee is unknown. We used to just say "Miss" when we didn't know, but then some married women complained they were offended. Or some guys assumed they were since they were corrected. That's when early PC culture invented Ms.

16. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

We're expecting, perfect. That makes sense and is a logical statement.
    In the Netflix series Vikings the females sometimes said "I am with child" off topic but a term used from a different culture with a different language .
    Ms yeah so it's a woman's lib thing, got it.
    That's probably how my family viewed it when it came about.
    I'm not so much against it but if it's used in addressing a person when you can't be sure of the actual or preferred title then it should not be taken to heart. If a person uses/identifies it's the preferred title that's fair.
    I am inclined to think the individuals I've known using Ms are mature women sometimes partnered sometimes not but choosing there term Ms against Miss as they are past their teens where Miss may imply a youth , or a believed perception of a younger person .
    Some single or living with partner in a DeFacto relationship likely using a maiden name use the term Ms,

Ive also believe some married women who have taken a husband's name may use the term Ms by choice , perhaps a woman's libbthing or just to not imply married or otherwise as a title or in addressing them.

Cock, yes we know the origins.
    Sometimes we might say he's a cock. Maybe cockhead may be He's a Cock more he's cocky, arrogant and he's just a Cock.

If the term condom starts to be used to describe people I will be surprised. He's a condom because he doesn't know how to fuck?
    She's a condom because she is childless?

Sometimes an abbreviation, slang word or incorrect term may become common, adopted and later accepted or widely used by a group, class of people a population or a nation well to the point most know the term whether using it or not.

Will we start calling people a condom ? I hope not. Start a poll and see if this group may start using therm. Let's use a prophylactic cover up and prevent this one.

One politician publically called a female politician barren once as she did not have children. I don't know her choices, position or preferance but that was wrong. I don't recall her age or if she ever had children but maybe she could not or chose not but choosing not is better than not having a choice or being a good parent.

17. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

With a LARGE grin on my face,.....can we find any THINNER hairs to split? Semantically that is.

18. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

If you have an average to small penis, then the condom is sipping off mid shag anyway so who cares.