Does it bother any1?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Sunburst, May 19, 2004.

1. JayJ

JayJ Member

i think it's actually good that straight people visit and post in gay forums. sort of comforting to know that you're supported by those who're...lets just say "not your kind"...know what i mean?

I'm also a pagan, so it's a similar thing when some christians, etc come in to a pagan forum to understand pagan things.

As long as there is no bashing and much support, all is good :)

2. Disarm

Disarm Member

I think its great straight people arent scared or assholes in the forum, it makes good discussions because someones always wondering something!

As a bi I do kinda come on hoping to find a good topic that I can hear about other bis in and talk to them about stuff, sometimes it seems like there arent many, but that's my fault for not starting a topic! Maybe there are heaps more gay/bi people on here we just don't come out and say it in every post..? I dunno.

3. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

it dosen't bother me. l guess the hetros have to be educated from us.

4. Abyle

Abyle Member

Personally, I think it's cool. The intergration means we're eventually going to progress to a point where we (GLBTQ) people can be as open and free as straight people.

5. JayJ

JayJ Member

This says it all :D

[​IMG]

6. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

...not at all

7. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

K i'm straight (although I'm with the group that believes that everyone has a degree of bisexuality, but that's another thread for another day) and I like to hang out here sometimes just because it's interesting, and it's a chance for me to become more educated. It's like how I'm happy when guys post in the women's forum (as long as they're respectful) - it's an opportunity to learn. :)

8. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

Well, after all, straight people outnumber queer folk, 80 percent to 20 percent (15 percent bi, 5 percent gay), according to the Kinsey Institute.

Seriously, though, most of the time, it's because either someone close to them recently came out or perhaps they themelves may be, at the very least, questioning their own sexuality. So, no, I'm not bothered.

Of course, if someone posts repeatedly insensitive and/or blatantly anti-gay remarks, then I won't hesitate to "get in their face," as I demonstrated with Quetzacoatl (whom the moderators subsequently banned from this forum).

-- Skeeter

9. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Oh my God. Who dug this up? lol I posted this back in May of last year! Man I typed annoyingly...("ppl" "dunno" "any1")*shudder*

10. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

That's only one definition. Another is an irrational fear that oneself may have homoerotic feelings. People who fit that latter description often resort to bashing -- either verbally or physically -- those of us who have become comfortable enough in our "sexual skin" to come out of the closet.

-- Skeeter

11. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

It depends on why they're here. If they want information, that's cool.

It might be best to have an FAQ sticky in the forum so that we don't need to hash some of the same topics over and over again.