Does it bother any1?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Sunburst, May 19, 2004.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Hm. Does it bother anybody else in here that more STRAIGHT ppl are in here than gays? I mean, I see more posts with them asking qestions about being gay, becoming gay, or polling us for what we think about what. I dunno, it bugs me...

2. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

I can see how it might irritate you. But I think its good. If straight people who might otherwise be ignorant about what it is like for a lot of gay people in todays modern world didn't come here and ask us, maybe our situation would be a lot worse.

Good on them for asking is what I say. The more people who ask and the more we explain, the better treatment we will get and the more likely it is that we will eventually be accepted as equal and real human beings.

3. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I agree with Tamsyn. I'd rather they come in here to ask questions and learn the truth about us rather than base their opinions on stereotypes or just plain ignorance. Let's give them the chance to see us as part of society rather than segregating ourselves from each other. We did that in our country some time back. It didn't work out well. So I welcome straight folks into this forum just as I would hope they would welcome me into their world.

Mono

4. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It's actually a pretty open place. I don't mind one way or another. But then again I'm generally not bothered by much of anything that goes on here except maybe poor use of grammar.

5. wiggly

wiggly Member

I'm guessing this was directed at me?

Well no-one further has replied to my questions so I'll leave you guys to it.

W.

6. butterfly

butterfly Member

I don't think it was directed at you, straight people have always being coming to the gay forum and asking questions. And as long as no one's gay bashing, then generally people don't mind.

7. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

not that i come here often at all, but it doesnt bother me. im personally bi and i see no problem with who would come in here as long as their not trolls.

8. Patch

Patch Member

i also don't think it is a bad thing...if they are curious...or whatever...they have every right to go into this forum...just like we have every right to go into the other ones...i dunno...it's fine by me...unless they are being cruel it isn't a problem i think.

9. FoolinTheRain

FoolinTheRain Member

I think its a good thing. People fear the unknown, and by helping the concept of "gay" become known and somewhat more understood to them it is a step in the right direction of wiping out homophobia, however tiny it may be.

I say bring on the straight people!!

10. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i'm ok with it too, i'm a bi pagan and theres still alot of fear about pagans in the world so i wish more none pagans would come in the pagan thread and ask.

s

11. Defence_mechanism

Defence_mechanism Member

yeah i dont care either. we all need to unite.

12. Bonky

Bonky Member

I mostly agree with everything from above...

P.s. ofcourse there is poor grammar,like mine! It's because English is not mothertounge to everybody!! Man...
    Well, I probably made some grammar mistakes again... LOL

13. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

This is a bit off topic, I know, but:

I'm not a native speaker myself and therefore not perfect at grammar either, but at least I TRY to write correctly and don't make mistakes on purpose, like some of the US people do...

Don't really like that "Y r u sad ton8? Issit b/c of ya bf?" writing style...

14. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

There is only ONE reason people type that way. (Okay. two.) ONE: It began in Chat Rooms, so people could keep up with the conversation. Two. Laziness. Period.

Back to the topic. I am hetero. But! I have had questions too. On this site, the forums have always been open. I want to thank everyone for being patient, and answering my questions where possible. How are we to learn to be tollerant of each other without knowledge?
    My two cents...

15. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

I agree. I think there are far too many non-gay people in here. I'm one of them.

16. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

I like it. It doesn't bother me.

17. King Dante

King Dante Member

I think it is WONDERFUL that straight people are posting on the gay forum. The more the merrier. With all the good questions that straight people are asking gay people I think (or at least I'd like to) that it in some way is helping to break down the barrier that seperates the gay and straight communities. People having an open mind and wanting to explore why people are gay and things that entails makes things like gay marrages in some states now possible. The more we all think and the more we all explore different life styles and customs the closer we all are to getting along with everyone. Having so many straight people post here is a good thing, a very good thing.

18. veinglory

veinglory Member

That's all very nice, but it would be good have have topics on other subjects too. The 'I'm not gay, but...' and 'am I gay?' threads are getting a bit old.

19. LOSTBOY7

LOSTBOY7 Member

It may be that thay cant say i am bi/gay. so they say i st8t so that they feel ok with them selvs. I did it for a long time

20. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

I have gay mates ask me about being straight, and i ask about them being gay, in the same way i ask someone what its like to be a footballer, if i don't know ill ask.