Does hip forums have a lot of racism?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Jul 31, 2019.

1. onceburned

onceburned Banned

th.jpg

real American Indian Girl

themnax, tumbling.dice and Irminsul like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think they're actually one of the better looking type of people. Even when they're old and withered they just look wise and knowledgeable.

My dad was always pretty big into American stuff so of course he loved his westerns and he loves the Indian culture. You should see him on Facebook he joins all the tribal pages. :tearsofjoy: he the only idiot there were German surname. :sweatsmile: so I also grew up a bit learning about the native American Indians and always had a soft spot for their cultural ways.

I am not too sure where the Indians lay now in terms of a settlement but if they don't have land already or maybe even if they do, they should get more land back and preserve it as a state park. No hunting. Not logging etc. Just a natural, beautiful ecosystem. Not entirely sure how helps though.

That's probably the one American type I never got to meet in America. A native. Now there was a possible native girl in Denver that I admired, but she could have been Asian too. I found Denver was the most diverse for having asian citizens.

Asmodean likes this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unlike Cher.

Although in her video she only claims to be a half-breed, when in reality she's half armenian gypsy which gives her that unique kinda look.

[​IMG]

4. Sorry for being rude to you, Irminsul.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It may not be a big deal but if the movie is supposed to be as historically accurate as possible its just a stupid decision to add a black actor for a reason relating to some topical concern in current society. It just takes away from what they're trying to do. So yeah, if one cares about good historic portrayals of the setting and situations in such movies it kinda is a big deal. Now, the Moor that travels back with Robin of Locksley from the Holy land was a clever find (although still unlikely and uncommon in reality), but on average there just should not be a black actor in a movie set in medieval England.

7. Asmodean

Spaghetti westerns were also in italian (dubbed in other languages including english afterwards for the international market). And the south west towns often looked just a tad too spanish :p They are generally B movies, Sergio Leone was one of the few who really raised the bar. I love some of the B movie quality a lot too, but not because of the historic accuracy. They just do the harsh pioneer and lawless setting right and have fun cowboy and pistol action :)

8. lode

lode Banned

Historical accuracy is what I look for in films about fictitious British kings.

9. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

I'm seeing more self hatred than wasism

10. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

Western Civilization seems to be Balkanizing. Better late than never.

11. Asmodean

Your perception sucks beartits. 'Self' criticism does not mean self hatred.

12. Asmodean

Just because the king is a legend doesn't mean the makers aren't striving to portray an accurate depiction of the times and setting.. which is a futile effort if for example the heroins are half naked and are rivaling the men in combat or has an ethnicity mixed in for bogus reasons.
    I acknowledge a lot of king Arthur and Robin Hood movies are (just like most spaghetti westerns) primarily ment to entertain. Still, when they strive for an historic accurate portrayal it makes little sense

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

He was of Italian descent, Sicily, not Italian.

14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

They're like everyone else, some good looking, some not.

15. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

Loving your Race. Loving your Faith. It's normal. It's nearly global. LOL , beartits.

16. Asmodean

You're just repeating yourself unfortunately. But as pointed out its from a distorted perception (namely that criticism on ones own group (national, religious, ethnic etc.) means self hatred).

Curiously enough Poland government as well as the current american president has hinted at the idea that a good patriot doesn't criticize their own country's policies. You seem to embrace that kind of thinking. It's hilariously stupid though. One can disagree with the criticism just fine, that's not the issue. But stating one shouldn't criticize there because it equals self loathing or hatred is not really smart or meaningful. That you and others who state this nonsense rarely expand on it seriously in a conversation is much telling

17. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Beautiful woman - and whilst she may now be American, go back far enough in history and you will find the 'native' Americans came to America via the land bridge linking Alaska with Kamchatka in Siberia. Remember, at one time back last century, Alaska was actually owned by the Soviet Union.

18. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

What is telling is that , as usual , your posting reflects hearsay of "hinted at" ideas from a "friend". In short , just your imagination running away with you. It's OK to be White. Self hatred is a mental illness.

19. Asmodean

Nobody said its not ok to be white. That's the thing. Good luck with your delusions you are unwilling to expand on in a meaningful way (says enough)

20. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

Good luck in the hunt for wascism. I know you will be very attentive in your quest. Nearly obsessive ; I'm sure.