Does hip forums have a lot of racism?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Jul 31, 2019.

1. I see a little but not too bad but I’ve been here not to long. It doesn’t bother me just shows ignorance

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I've seen some people banned for overly pro nazi posts. But we do have some posters here and mods who flirt with Nazism and racism since it is a free speech site and these people are very right wing. Which in modern times means you have to accept a bit of racism as part of the platform. It's not racism to them of course.

Joshua Tree likes this.
  3. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

A noticeable amount of anti White posting. I'm still trying to figure out if this is self hate or just being anti White in general. It's OK to be White. It's OK to be Christian and Right Wing.

Mustard Tiger and newbie-one like this.
  4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I cannot stand prejudice!!!!

Joshua Tree likes this.
  5. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Feels like some of them were searching for Stormfront and took a wrong turn.

Joshua Tree likes this.
  6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Racism is probably one of the least understood subjects on the planet and the nanny state simply makes things worse.

In a nutshell, It is only racist to make someone feel inferior BECAUSE of their race. Their is absolutely nothing racist about comments such as "speak to the black guy over there", but many people would never say something like that, although in reality it is simply a means of identifying the person.

Ignoring a persons race can be quite insulting, leaving them feeling left out when discussing any subject where geographical location or culture is involved.
    Jane is Irish and all you need to do is mention Ireland and she will be chatting for hours. The same was true of a guy who I worked with from Barbados. All I needed to do was mention the Caribbean and he was trying to arrange me a holiday.

7. I can understand that and I am OK with that. But until people see that all humans are the same race there’ll Be ignorance and stereotypes

ZenKarma and tumbling.dice like this.
  8. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I make up racial jokes from time to time even about my own race. I feel people are too quick to call others racist without understanding. Though as long as they aren't harming anyone, it doesn't bother me if a person is racist. As maybe they had really bad experiences. An African American growing in the 50's and 60's America racist against whites would be more understandable.

I live in an Hispanic area so i've had people tell me up front that they don't trust whites.

9. unfocusedanakin

Yeah I don't think right wing and racism have to go hand in hand. Many people decide to make it so now. Race is a human construct.

Since we can mate with any human and crate children who are also fertile we are the same species or a different species that is so much the same it's meaningless to separate us.

10. lode

lode Banned

Sure.

But the fucking news and social media are profiting off making everyone more nuts. I think racism IRL is probably less of a problem than it was when I was a kid in the 90's.

Worrying about racism or reverse racism on your hippie forum is a very first world problem.

I mean, this place is made in xenforo, and the background is plum so maybe third world problems. :joycat:

guerillabedlam likes this.
  11. I think racism is becoming a worse problem, what with all of the white supremacists and/or those with latent racism being bolstered by this Trump presidency, whether he himself is a racist or not.

I don't notice any overt racism on hipforums, though.

12. lode

lode Banned

The extremes are getting extremer.

There is plenty of racism to be found here. Mostly it's just attempts at trolling the more PC posters without the humor involved to make it an actual farce.

13. As much as I hate rules, I'm glad hipforums doesn't tolerate racism. It sucks when you're in a chatroom or on a message board and someone just starts making every single thing about race.

14. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

It's OK to crate children of another species.

15. unfocusedanakin

mixed race kids are fine.

A human female can not be impregnated from gorilla semen. They tried this is the USSR hoping to get super strong solders. Apes are like 98% the same as a human. So to my point real science shows how similar all man is.

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But should we be putting them in crates?

Eric! and Noserider like this.
  17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Yeah, about half of them.

Eric! and GLENGLEN like this.
  18. It's just what's fashionable in the media these days. I read somewhere today that the DCCC fired much of their staff for being "too white" and skewing their diversity claims.

What's interesting is that apparently hating people for being white is the "good" kind of racism. Thankfully the shallow assholes who so readily adopt hatred based on the color of people are pretty easy to spot around here.

19. unfocusedanakin

No

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie