does heat damage shrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by porkstock41, May 16, 2004.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i'm planning on eating some shrooms this summer, and i'm wondering if heat will mess with them. maybe i could simmer them in butter and spinkle them with salt to make them taste better. but if heat damages them, i obviously shouldn't do this.

2. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Yes, heat has been known to damage both psilocin and psilocybin. People argue the extent to which it degrades the alkaloids, some say that they use heat to dry their shrooms and they are fine, others prefer to dry their shrooms with a fan and desiccant to get cracker dry shrooms without using heat. In your case, I would suggest making mushroom tea, not butter. I don’t know if the alkaloids are dissolved in oil. Many people say mushroom tea gets rid of nausea without harming the active ingredients too much. Use slightly more shrooms for a dose, say if you wanted the equivalent of a 3.5 g trip, use 3.75 - 4 g in your tea. If you don’t want to use extra mushrooms then just eat them straight or use other techniques to mask the flavor that do not involve heat.

3. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

I learned this trick in Deep East By God Texas---Cram your blender full of fresh 'shrooms. Add Fruit Juice. Grape juice works well, and makes a disgusting purpleish-grey fluid. Puree, and drink...carefully.

I tried drying some 'shrooms by my wood stove pipe one time. Fnucked the things right on up

4. porkstock41

i wouldn't be trying to make mushroom butter, just use butter and salt to make them taste better. so i wouldn't really need the aldaloids to dissolve.

i know it probably sounds really dumb, but how would i go about making shroom tea?

what are some other ways you guys eat shrooms?

5. JamminOTR

JamminOTR Member

I've eaten mushies in so many different shapes forms textures, it's hard to remeber it all. I just got some dank mushroom carmels at a show this past weekend which is a form I've never tried before and should be fun. I used to make ganja brownies in high school for the detention kids, and when I would do that I'd usually make a special batch for me and my friends where I would lower the quantity of grass and add a very tasty mushroom icing on top. Just crush it up and mix it in! So tasty, and very opening. Do the same thing with the tea. Cruch it up and put it in the hot tea and then drink up. Eat the remaining slush and you should be in for a wild ride! Enjoy!

6. Vicar_in_a_Tutu

Vicar_in_a_Tutu Member

Just eat them straight. You'll only taste them for a couple of seconds then you're away!

7. kentuckyfunk

kentuckyfunk Member

Okay Here We Go.......i Used To Think That Heating Mushrooms Up Would Take All The Punch Away...and This Is Somewhat True....anyone Who Tells You That You Can Smoke Mushrooms And Trip Is An Idiot...you Can't Smoke Mushrooms!!!! Okay, Now That I Got That Out Of My System..... Fill A Coffe Cup 3/4 Full Of Water....put Tea Bag In Cup......microwave Until It Almost Starts To Boil.....45-60 Sec.......take Cup Out Of Microwave.......add Fungus......push All The Fungus To The Bottom Of The Cup W/ Spoon.....let The Tea Bag Hold Them Under Water.....now, Go Smoke A Bowl And Forget About Your Cup For Ten Min..... You Will Notice That The Mushrooms Are All Slimy....this Is Good....squeeze All The Juice Out Of The The Tea Bag And Mushrooms ( Careful, They Will Be Hot As Hell).....throw Tea Bag Out.....if You Want, Disgard The Fungus ( Some People Don't Want The Other Toxins That Are In The Fungus)....i Just Eat The Damn Things....or, You Can Leave Them Floating In There, It Doesn't Matter.....add A Little Water Too Cool Your Tea Down...... It Will Taste Exactly Like Mushrooms And Tea....i Like To Add Honey Or A Scoop Of Ice Cream....enjoy!!!!!!!!!

The Reason I Enjoy Making Tea Is Because It Gives You A Different Buzz At First... Its Almost A Body Buzz... This Method Will Make You Feel Fucked Up Quicker Than Just Eating Them...reason: Your Body Will Absorb The Fungus Quicker Because It Is Allready Heated To Body Temp And It Is In Water....just A Little Pothead Science For Ya!!!!!!
    If You Happen To Try This, Pm Me And Tell Me What You Think. I Have Eaten Mushrooms Alot Of Different Ways, But This Is By Far The Best In My Opinion.

8. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

not true at all. you will be burping up that flavor again and again, i assure you.

lately i have found the peanut butter and jelly sandwhich to be excellent. here's what i do:
    grind 4g of shrooms into powder. (peanut) butter one slice of bread, from crust to crust. spread the shroom powder evenly along the surface of the peanut butter; press it with a knife enough that it sticks a bit. jelly the other slice of bread and couple it with the shroom-laced slice. eat it carefully as to not spill any shroom powder. the taste is excellent. this method increases the onset of the psychedelic effects - expect to wait about an hour after ingesting.

9. porkstock41

^^^nice idea. sounds good.

10. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

If I can't make tea, I usually just spread some peanut butter on the actual shrooms. The peanut butter does an excellent job of covering the taste of the shrooms.

11. porkstock41

a guy around here sells them in chocolates. a half eighth in each chocolate i think. some of my friends have tripped from one or two. anyone ever do this? i would rather not, cuz then you don't know how much you are really getting. but i bet that would taste good.

12. mycoguy

mycoguy Member

You can also add some ice, and make a smoothie.

13. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

UT-

this is how to make tea (did it last night):

Boil 2 oz of water for every 1 oz (fresh) mushroms.

When the water boils hard, turn it down to medium-low and throw in the mushrooms.

DO NOT BOIL. Steep for 30-45 min., stiring and sqaushing the shrooms against the side of the pot frequently.

Filter through a colander, NOT filter paper. Squash out the liquid. Wash shroom-goo with a few oz's of water. add it to main batch. Squash again. The left over goo is about 20% the size of the orginal pile. It will rinse fairly clear/brownish insted of purple or blue.

About 9 oz is a trip thresehold. Got all the girls flying- and the light weight guys.

I weigh 200 and had a nice little trip off 14oz.

14. porkstock41

at first i was like, wow 14 grams, but then i realized you said fresh. that's a pretty low dose isn't it? can you make tea with dry shrooms? if so, how much?

on a side note:
    glad to see you are back gecko, you went missing for awhile there.

15. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Thanks! Been busy with the game.
    ---
    No, you misread- 14 OZ of tea, calculated as the equivalent of about 6 grams dry 'shrooms.

I basically shoot at about half a gram per OZ of water, minus 10-20% for inefficency.

16. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Back in Texas, we always boiled them down and just drank it, chasing it with beer to kill the awful taste. I did have them made into jello, once and that was Great!, just slid down the throat.

17. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Boilling them is common, but psilocybin begins to breakdown or evaporate or something (I don't remeber) around 170 degrees F. At 212 some significant loss is noticed.

18. Bro_Rific

Bro_Rific Banned

Cooking them is just fine. After all, you have to cook your crack to smoke it, right? Same principal applies to you shrooms.

19. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Christ!

I've got another stalker!

Or is it the same person?

20. Bro_Rific

Bro_Rific Banned

WTF are you talking about?