Does God really exist?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by citrus_seas, Sep 2, 2005.

1. citrus_seas

citrus_seas Senior Member

Please, if anyone has any prove of God, or Jesus, ever existing, please let me know. And don't give me passages out of the bible. The bible is a bunch of bullshit.

2. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

You can read the Nag Hammadi scriptures, theyve been hidden by christians since forever, basically havent been touched since theyve been written and they do speak of Jesus. Anyway, i cant help you open your eyes, youll have to do that yourself.

3. citrus_seas

I don't need to open my eyes! They're already open. They're open to the fact that there is no God. We shouldn't listen to the bullshit in the bible, or to those fuckers who come to your house trying push Jesus' "holy power" on you and your family. Everybody has their own opinion. You can believe in Jesus, Krishna, Shiva, or whoever. But my opinon is all of Christinaity's beliefs and teachings are idiotic and full of bullshit.

4. thumontico

thumontico Member

I don't doubt some dude to the EFFECT of Jesus existed. But with thousands of years of Jewish culture and the old testament it was only a matter of TIME before some guy claimed to be the messiah.

5. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

You ask for proof of God, and if you want it, youll have to be open for it, thats what i mean. How are ALL of christianity's teachings bullshit?

6. citrus_seas

well...i read some passages from the bible and it's pretty much bullshit. O.k. i apoligise. i'm using the word bullshit too much.

7. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

erm dude?....i don't think the churches are recruiting at gunpoint.....at least, not at the moment :p

8. thumontico

thumontico Member

Yeah its worse, they are recruiting with Love.

9. Oz!

it's conditional love....it's worthless.....

10. thumontico

thumontico Member

God gives unconditional Love. The concept of God is far more dangerous than Christianity or ANY dogma.

11. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

What passages and why were they bullshit? im not finished with my own doubts about the bible. I dont get the cruelties in the old testament, i dont get a lot of things, i want to know what was edited, where the stories came from etc. Im not sure how to view the whole book yet, but i do believe the original book was inspired by God, and that whatever Jesus told was also truth.

12. citrus_seas

O..K.... But I still don't have an answer if Jesus existed. So...how could what he said be true, if he didn't exist? And, if he did, how do you know that they are true?

13. Oz!

unconditional love? reciprocate his love or be thrown into hell? Don't sound very unconditional to me......

14. citrus_seas

Thank You! At least someone here with some sense. How can God be all about love if when you don't follow his "orders", you'll cast as a "sinner" and go to "hell"?

15. thumontico

thumontico Member

You guys focus to much on Christianity. Most religions hold God's unconditional love. The God concept creates learned helplessness and keeps people from dealing with existential questions. This does more damage to society and the individual than does dogma and subsequent passage into heaven or whatever.

16. Oz!

yer asking the wrong man dude...it's the reason why i'm not christian, and don't respect those who follow that faith

17. Art Delfo

Art Delfo It is dark

you can beleave

God=Reality
    Matter=Reality

pick one but matter fits INSIDE Reality not Reality itself.So that means God and all he makes are him and Reality.

or somthing like that.

18. citrus_seas

ok.....that still doesn't answer my question. Is there any proof of J.C.'s existence?

19. thumontico

thumontico Member

Do you think you would ask that question if there was proof?

20. citrus_seas

no....i guess not.