does god exist?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by smackjack, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Ghost Of Freedom

Ghost Of Freedom Member

In my opinion, there is no god.

2. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

great news everyone, i have spoken to god, he has told me that he does not exist

3. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

You real sure that was God you were talking to? ;)

4. Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Member

"God", meaning anything an existing organised religion describes him/her as - very unlikely.

"God", meaning an unexplainable force of nature, perhaps.

5. sahsami38

sahsami38 Member

No he does not. You christians cannot say he exists just by reading the bible. That is not evidence that he exists nor has there ever been. The bible was written by complete meth heads who would have knowledge of a loving God in the first place. If he were to exist he would be classified as a very hateful and spiteful God. He never answered any of my prayers when I believed in him nor did he do anything when my grandmother had cancer. Go to the website godisimaginary.com. It gives 50 proofs that there is no possible way God can exist and if you still believe in him after you visit the site you must be on some high fucked up drugs.

6. CircusgirlsandHippies

CircusgirlsandHippies Member

this

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

lol the bible was written by meth heads?? who knew....

I don't believe in God as a fatherly deity that created the earth and hangs out in the sky watching over us....

but I do believe in a God of sorts...

I like the native american view of God. They believe in God as a duality of male and female. The Great Mystery or Great Spirit is the masculine force behind life on earth, and the Earth is our mother. Makes sense to me.

8. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

yes God exists. but he/she is so huge, so large and so gigantic that nobody can define the shape, size, physical structure or abilities of God. i believe god is everywhere, seeing, hearing and feeling everything. God cannot be confined into idols or pictures or paintings or sculptures. this is what i believe.

9. Culdeemoon

Culdeemoon Member

If God existed then Why do we have all these f.....g Wars?

10. enk

enk Member

no no no no and NO

11. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

God doesnt' choose human actions.

12. enk

enk Member

He still created humans, he then created the concept of freewill then gave it to humans, and also he created a world where war was a potential outcome.
    If he's omnipotent, then he also has the power to stop wars should they occur, yet doesn't.

he's still be accountable....if he existed

13. enk

enk Member

on much consideration... the universe is so wonderful that it's creator would not be the same one represented in those old books. God is an anthropomorphism of the universe, a degrading view of the universe because the universe is much, much more beautiful and divine than us.

14. Culdeemoon

Culdeemoon Member

If God doesn't exist, then what the shit are we doing posting these forums?

15. enk

enk Member

A random event occurred resulting in matter and energy propagated by naturally occurring processes causing the universe to appear as we know it today.

16. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

I did both of those things as a child and again as an adult. I don't "know".

17. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Have you actually read it? It's awful drivel. That'd be the lamest camping trip ever.

18. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Yes- we had a little talk on 8th ave outside the Port of Authority in NYC- He asked for a buck for a cup a coffee (although I suspect he bought a beer after I left)- -He did say that unless we learn how to make nice with everyone on this planet , we cant expect him to do to much- - free will and all-
    He looked a little rough, but so would you if you were out there selling incense all day to met the people and get a few bucks together-
    He also told me to tell all you on Hip Forums -to have faith, it will all work out in the end (for the most part)- -

blessings,
    jjack

19. enk

enk Member

Yea..nice thought but that's probably never gonna happen.
    Funny how the force behind the creation of the universe can manage everything from thermodynamics to molecular biology ...but can't seem to do anything else unless 'we all get along'.
    And if we all got along, there wouldn't be anything a God could really do for us...

Also If God has a gender it is most certainly a hermaphrodite

wow, that's assuring. A Real faith building sentiment that one =P

20. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Come on enk- - dont kill the messager:) I didnt believe him either