Does Anyone Really Use the Rhythm Method?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Jimbee68, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

True story. My Uncle C and Aunt D were pretty conservative and devout as Roman Catholics. Nicest people you'd ever want to meet too.

Anyways, they wanted a little girl. And they had two boys first. No problem with that. They still loved them too. But they finally had a little girl, my cousin K.

Then my Aunt D had her tubes tied, because she really didn't want anymore. And they were both strongly opposed to abortion.

Kudos to her, I say. But it got me to thinking. Does any Catholic anywhere really use the recommended rhythm method, a/k/a Vatican Roulette?

I mean, what percentage of moderate Catholics do? And more importantly, I think, what percentage of Catholics that consider themselves conservative? What is it like in other countries? South America? India? And so forth. And finally, does anyone on these boards know anyone who does? I really would like to know.

Taking your temperature, charting your period, doing complex arithmetic. Who on earth does that? And then you can't have sex when you want (which I think is the whole purpose of sex, isn't it? when you're in the "mood")?

I'm not judging. But I am really curious about this.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I know people who have used it, with varying success. I think you really need to be on top of it and it isn't a good method if you really really don't want to become pregnant.