Does Anyone Play Multiple Instruments?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Motion, Dec 8, 2016.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Learn to play the E chord with your bird finger, your ring finger and your pinky....then slide up the fret board and bar with your index finger. Then you can play almost all power chords....

[​IMG]

Peaceful_LotusFlower likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yeah, definitely play your E chords with your ring and pinky fingers.

[​IMG]

rjhangover likes this.
  3. Josh Johnson

Josh Johnson Members

I would suggest anyone wanting to play music to get a basic instrument maybe a guitar or keyboard. Then go on youtube and learn a few fun licks. Then begin to study and practice. There are plenty of free lessons available. After you can some basic out of the way find some people who are interested in playing. I play a variety of music but I know groups that play bluegrass are all around and the ones I know love to have new people.
    I am not a super talented played but I play: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Fiddle, and a bit of keyboard.
    The fun part is playing in bands. I play in several with a variety of types of music.

4. LilSapling

LilSapling Members

i play viola, violin, cello, bass, guitar, bass guitar, uke, sax, and piano
    what overlaps most is the music theory, once you understand that, then the mechanics of each new instrument will be the hardest thing, but with a little practice, becomes easier.
    bass guitar and guitar and VERY similar as bass guitar is based on the standard guitar. just a few differences, but nothing too hard to pick up once you truly understand guitar.

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

What key's that in dude?

The key of life man the key of life

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Key's?

I didn't come here to play with keys, man...

7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

8. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I could play the 6 chord organ, but I haven't in many years. My grandmother had one in her basement and I taught myself how to read the sheet music when I was a kid. I spent hours on that thing every day.

I'm also learning guitar and ukulele now, and I can play a few songs so I guess it counts?

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

10. goodearth

goodearth Member

Native American flute and harmonica. I bought a Native American drum like the one above, but I’m not very good with it yet.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  11. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

violin and saxophone

12. soulcompromise

I'm taking a piano class at school. :)

13. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

i do keyboard, guitar, ocarina, and some bass. music reading ability certainly overlaps. finger dexterity for bass and guitar too.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

please share your music videos.. even if u suck .. its how you will get better...thanks..

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Rjhangover has a fucking dragon on his thumb

16. Fixes_big_yellow_things

Fixes_big_yellow_things Members

Been a half assed guitar player going on about 20 years now. been playing around with a tenor ukulele lately, mainly because it's so small and easy to carry around.

Other than that I almost don't suck on harmonica, and can rock a kazoo like nobodies buisness.

I also bought a jews harp just to annoy my wife, my kids think it's hilarious to play with...boingedy boingedy yoing boing boing...

17. Pepper!

Pepper! Members

Drums, guitar and bass. Stayed as a drummer, but learned the other instruments over the years depending on the needs of the bands I was in. Learned guitar and bass mainly by ear.

18. candys

candys Visitor

I've been learning a few songs on piano by myself for about a year now but I feel that I'll need to work A LOT harder to actually be able to play it if you know what I mean.

19. soulcompromise

I was in Guitar Center the yesterday, and this kid came up to me and asked "do you know a lot of instruments?" or something along those lines. He was talking about learning music and production in FL studio. He wanted to learn so bad you could taste it. When I told him he could get lessons or take one of the courses in production at a community college a few towns over he explained that he's still in high school and he probably can't afford lessons. It practically broke my heart, but I started harping on him getting some kind of instruction anyway. Where there's a will, there's a way! :)

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I haven't played anything in about a year, which saddens me but assuming muscle memory doesn't fail me...

• Pretty adept at Guitar
    • Capable at bass
    • Can utilize a keyboard controller for either a melody or chord progression