Does Anyone Play Multiple Instruments?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Motion, Dec 8, 2016.

1. AlongTheWatchtower

AlongTheWatchtower Banned

Of all things I would like to learn piano. I browsed the forums and saw you play guitar. Very cool.

1 person likes this.
  2. Scratched

Scratched Members

I watched a vid a few nights ago, a very enthusiastic and talented lady was playing two skin flutes at once.

Now that was interesting.

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I'm a guitar player, singer, song writer. Out of necessity, I learned to play the bass, the drums, the keys, the pedal steel, mandolin, fiddle, and congas for recording. My recordings are all trial and error....lots of error. Here's how they came out......

OurStage | Search results: R.J. HANGOVER

4. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Harmonica and Guitar.

Does vocals count? I suppose they would.

5. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

As of right now I'm learning to play the guitar and I might hire a teacher for guitar lessons since I'm a beginner at it. I've had someone offer to give me guitar lessons over Skype but it never worked out and haven't heard back from them. Before guitar I played the bass guitar and I had lots of fun with it.

magickman likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I can play any air related instrument.

Air guitar air drum air turn tables just to name a few.

magickman likes this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

What are you like on the piano. A lot of people do not realize that it is a percussion instrument, since hammers hit the strings. LOL.

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

In my college days, I played the violin in the orchestra. A difficult instrument because without frets, you need a perfect ear for tone. Today I only play the piano, so simple because you just press a button and the note comes out. All you need to do is press them in the right order without getting your fingers knotted together.

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I began with piano , and now having lived a long time have mastered a few others . All require perfect pitch , for
    this is what you think with . Play an extreme out-of-tune piano with grace and this will be discovered .

10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I'd like to play with you....I've lived long too. Makes for a big repertuar. You live close to WV?

11. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I play the guitar, drums, percussion, harmonica, wooden recorder, and I do subtle things with keyboard.

Lately I've also been training my voice more seriously as well.

12. Old Body Young Mind

Old Body Young Mind Members

I play guitar, bass, and violin. I can play mandolin but don't own one. I find them all similar in their standard tuning. The bass being the same as the four lower strings of the guitar EADG. The violin and mandolin being the same four but flipped with G being the low string GDAE. I'm more proficient on guitar but can play the others with friends and not destroy the music. Music really does make the world a better place!

13. Old Body Young Mind

Old Body Young Mind Members

I've got congas and a piano at the house also. Congas I can keep a beat with. Piano I can tinker with but not really play.

14. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Mainly piano and guitar much less. However, I began as a drummer but more or less gave it up when I had my first stint in the navy a few years after high school. My brother took over my drums and subsequently became a tympanist with a symphony. Dad and I loved drum solos (Buddy rich, Krupa, Lionel Hampton, Louis Bellson) but once the kid was educated he would just curl the lip and say he didn't do jazz any more - only classical

Kilroy: the wee bugger

15. Father Chug

Father Chug Members

Guitar, a little bit of bass and keyboards. Drums were my first instrument. I singt too. Here is some of my music

16. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Hello , friend , just now noticed your message . The only thing that gets me out of the west and into
    the east is a rainbow gathering . The national will be near WV this year June/July . It's a fine place
    to dink with hillbilly jazz , echos in de' holler , drummin' on turtles .

17. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

OMG! I will go with you...you can stay at my place....We'll get some tunes together in my studio...This will be my 16th...I'll PM you.

18. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

Hello!
    I am learning ukulele at the moment but I also play pennywhistle and recorder.
    A short list but a good start.
    peace and warm fuzzies

rjhangover likes this.
  19. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Drummin' on Turtles? Do you stay at Turtle Soup camp? I've stayed there many times.

20. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I play guitar, bass, and a bit of drums. I tried learning piano, but it just didn't take.