Does anyone know this show?

Discussion in 'Classic TV' started by diddi, Jan 26, 2014.

1. diddi

diddi Guest

Hi, this is my first post here so I’m not sure if I’m doing something against the rules. And I don't write in english very well, sorry for any grammar mistakes.

I just finished watching Under the Dome series last week and since then, I couldn’t stop thinking about an old TV Show, from the 90’s I think, where every episode had a diferente plot. It was a mistery/thriller/sci-fi show with many unexplainable or supernatural stories.
    There was a certain episode about a dome that came down over something that in my memory looks like a small farm in the middle of nonwhere. The US Army surrounds the dome as soon as they learn about it, but no matter what they try, there was no way to get in, so they just stand around it monitoring what happens. From the outside, the soldiers can see inside the dome, and ocasionally they see people in there.
    The episode shows a soldier that falls in love (i think) with a woman inside this dome and gets obsessed with the idea of finding a way in. For some reason, the army starts shooting small ice cubes on the dome, and then a small hole opens in it. The obsessed soldier runs into it and jumps through the dome just before the hole closes again, locking him inside. When he finally walks towards the people inside the dome, he gets eaten alive by them.

Under the dome just brought back memories of this episode and now I really want to know where I watched it. After some research I discovered the "Outer Limits" and "Twilight Zone" series, but they are too complicated with remakes here and there, seasons with diferent names and more confusing stuff. Plus, looking at the episodes list, none of them seem to have anything to do with this episode.

I wonder if anyone here remembers this episode and knows where it's from. I would be very glad to be able to watch it again.

Thanks and sorry for the mistakes.

2. I don't know, but maybe "Tales From the Darkside".

3. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Members

It sounds like an episode of "Night Visions" called "A View through the Window." Check out its entry on IMDB.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Simpsons

rollingalong likes this.
  5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

henry rollins hosts

Alternative_Thinker and Asmodean like this.
  6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Interesting. I've never heard of this show before.

7. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I'm not the OP, but thanks for posting this. I thought the OP's description of the episode was rather intriguing, and it was great that I got to actually watch the thing. It's amazing how one can come up with an inquiry like this on the internet and actually receive the answer.

Henry Rollins hosting the show is also kind of epic as well, lol.

Eric! likes this.