Does anyone have any suggestions for an "exfoliate" for my scalp?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by BlueLightRain, Jun 17, 2013.

1. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

Hi,

I have Excema/Dermatitis on my scalp (not sure which honestly) and sometimes it's flakier than others. I was wondering if someone had a suggestion for a shampoo or a once in a while deep cleanse that has some grit to it. I need something that would loosen the dry skin while not moisturizing the locks to the point of them coming out. It's not usually a problem because when I get a lot of sun, the excema clears up. Thanks in advance!

2. Flakeofsnow

Flakeofsnow Member

If it is just dry flakey skin it is probably psoriasis. Eczema and Dermatitis seems to be more along the lines of red bumps or pustules. I would probably do a baking soda deep cleanse in a bucket or something along those lines and just soak your head and just use a gentle scrubbing motion to your scalp to loosen the dead skin. If you add a bit of sea salt it might help the locking process but I can't be for sure. I am not a dermatologist so I don't know what is best for your skin. All i know is you have to be gentle. Maybe invest in some exfoliating gloves. I use them and they work great. Makes my scalp feel really clean.

If you do some digging on google or this website you can find a recipe for a BS/ACV rinse.

3. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

i wear exfoliating gloves and have a good scrub :)

4. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

thanks dreadheads! I'll give the gloves a try and the cleanse too!

5. Flakeofsnow

Flakeofsnow Member

No problem, glad to help. Let us know if it helps in case other people might have the same problem. They certainly help me with my dandruff. Just be gently with the scrubbing, don't want to irritate your scalp.

6. absentwithin

absentwithin Member

Neutrogena T-gel works wonders and if you want all natural try using a tea tree oil wash from a local Nature Store.. Hope this helps