Does anyone else pierce their hats?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Fooja, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Fooja

Fooja Member

Ive noticed around here in TeXas I am about the only person who pierces their hats (usually baseball caps or visors) and puts earrings through the piercings. Usually I pierce the bill of the cap.

It's funny when I go to buy earrings and people look at me really weird 'cus my ears arent pierced and im just like... "I pierce my hats XD"

Its sort of an alternative to piercing my ears, but I do it mostly to invent something new around here.

If you DO pierce your hats... got any tips for people who dont and me? Like if you do, what do you use to pierce the hat with? I usually just use a hot safety pin and then work the hole untill its bigger. I'm looking for a new idea or method to do this that is a bit more effective.

I was just wondering if anyone else par-took in the piercing of your hats.

Also, if you pierce any other pieces of clothing you own, please share that info as well.

Again, once my USB cable and I come to an agreement and stop hating each other I will get a picture of one of my visors or hats.

2. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i used to see a few people with shit like that, then they started popping up in stores and shit....but they're like over the top with these crazy studs and spikes, and crazy other jazz... i think they look retarted and they cost like 50bucks. hey maybe you could make yours not so lame, and score some extra cash :p

3. Fooja

Fooja Member

Yeah I usually dont do that at all. I hate the store versions, they suck.

Usually mine arent pierced that much, usually like one ring on the edge of the bill and the maybe one stud in the bill and then maybe a sfety pin.

I have a few that I really went to town on XD but I think they look better than store bought shit.

When in doubt... never buy from stores XD!

4. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

hahaha exactly!
    Like those god damn "pre-wrecked" hats you can buy at american eagle or thrifty's!! WHO PAYS $60 FOR A DIRTY, WRECKED HAT?? man i hate people.

5. Fooja

Fooja Member

Id bet you could spend like a buck (bit of exageration there) on a hat exactly like the ones they used and then destroy it yourself and:

1) MAYBE spend a grand total of 10 bucks if you dont have all the supplies in the first place
    2) It will probably look better.... a WHOLE lot better than anything they could ever pull outa their butts (which is where i think many of these stores that suck... HOLLISTER... get their ideas XD) in a lifetime.