Does Anyone Else Like Thunderstorms?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by SlayerFan20, Mar 7, 2011.

1. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Glad you all liked the photo... in all fairness it was taken in Connecticut early in the summer of '09... and probably doesn't belong in the Florida forum... but I saw the thunderstorm topic and was compelled to respond as I absolutely LOVE the light shows. :)

2. melo85

melo85 Guest

Thank you for posting it no matter where it's from!

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I love the sound...the smell and the feel

when i was young and reckless one of my favorite things to do was go for a bike ride in summer thunderstorms and hit every puddle

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Haven't Seen This Thread Before But As I Type Tis 4.06pm Here, And I Have Been

Enjoying A T-Storm For The Last Half Hour.

The Front Should Pass Through In About 15mins.

Tis Far Enough Away To Get The Full Effect Of The Thunder, But Not So Close As

To Cause Me To Crawl Under The Bed...[​IMG].

My Favourite Time For A T-Storm Is Around Daybreak, Just Being Woken By The Sound

Of An Approaching Storm, And As I Lay There Half Asleep It Gets Closer And Louder

Till Finally Heavy Rain Hits My Steel Roof And I Snuggle Even Tighter

Under The Blankets...:).

Another Of Mother Natures Performances That Has Made Me Smile Since I Was

A Little "Rug-Rat"...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I love thunderstorms, with lots of freaky lightning especially. I like to sit at the picture window watching (and dry).
    Once, years ago, I actually saw lightning come through a kitchen window to strike at water running from the faucet. There was a Loud Pop - but no damage. seriously that is the truth.
    And those were beautiful pics stinkfoot.

6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

GLENGLEN, are you actually able to sleep under a tin roof with rain pounding away atop?
    I do realize most ppl just LUV this and are able to snooze away just fine. I guess that is just another of my idiosyncrasies...I would need lots of drugs to be able to sleep under a tin roof with rain pounding...reminds me of herds of horses or other large animals running over my head.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Don't Sleep, I Just Lay Back, Close My Eyes, And Enjoy It...:).

*for a second there i thought i was making a reply in the "love and sex"

forum*........[​IMG]........[​IMG]........:leaving:

Cheers Glen.

8. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

Love thunderstorms, especially down here in TX. So much open land here you can see a storm before/or after it hits you while being in complete sunlight...it's amazing.

9. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Very much so !

I used to run and hide, that was after I got hit - not anymore - I enjoy when the giants play in the sky

Also love those rare winter thunderstorms, it's like just one huge lightning out of nowhere - yeah

10. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

I live in MN, so we get a lot of them in the spring and a few in the summer. I love them. The lightning, the hail, the cool rain, the thunder. I love it all. It's my favorite part of the year.

11. mapod011

mapod011 Member

Love to watch thunderstorm roll thru. Most of all love to watch them durign the night, even when there are a distance away.

12. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

Here's a beauty I found online. I'm pretty sure this is in Florida.

[​IMG]

13. darkhorse1

darkhorse1 Member

Hell yeah i love thunderstorms! Especially when the wind picks up and gets wild. (We dont get tornados at all where i live or any really extreme weather apart from it getting ridiculously hot in summer). Storms are especially good when you have some yummy company :D

14. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

I love storms...it makes me want to cuddle up on the couch with my old lady and watch movies :)

15. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Yes I was an active stormchaser for some years
    [​IMG]

16. OptimisticFutureBlues

OptimisticFutureBlues Member

Nothing more fun to watch. A thunderstorm is amazing to see, lightning storms are supreme though.

Rainy weather inspires me. I like that.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

18. AK Bones

AK Bones Member

I absolutely love thunderstorms. All that electricity in the air makes me feel like I've got some kind of buzz going on. Also love the way the air smells. Unfortunately living in Alaska they are a very rare occurrence.

19. FLORIDA MON

FLORIDA MON Member

It's about to start storming here in Orlando agan this afternoon; as well as tornado watches for every county in about 100 miles.

20. Oreocookiemadness

Oreocookiemadness Member

Can't wait to move back to Florida this summer. Miss those afternoon thunderstorms!