Does Anyone Else Like Thunderstorms?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by SlayerFan20, Mar 7, 2011.

1. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

I love to watch them in the summer. I especially love to watch the tourists react to our thunderstorms, especially those from the North or the U.K. The only thunderstorms I do not like are those in the winter, which are more likely to produce tornados. Tornados scare me.

2. Xlear

Xlear Member

Hi SlayerFan- How are things?....To answer your posted question;

Yes, Love everything about thunder storms; watching them too....I'm most appreciative of the sound; seems to have an aphrodisiac type of effect! wink*

3. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

i love storms. hail, lightning, tornados, violent wind. they more destructive and powerful, the more exhilerating. i wanna see a tornado some day

4. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

I've never seen a tornado, but I did see a waterspout while I was in Tampa. At first, I panicked, until I saw it moving away from land. By then, I found it to be an enchanting sight.

5. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

thats awesome. youre lucky. i saw a funnel cloud when i was a kid...or at least i remember all my friends pointing at the sky going "woah, funnel cloud." never seen anything touch down though

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I love thunderstorms! My favorite thing to do in the summertime is sit on a porch and watch the storm roll in. I love the electricity in the air before a storm and I love how refreshed everything feels after a storm.

tornadoes scare the shit out of me, however. We get them occassionally around here. A small one touched down when I was in high school. It touched down on my high school's football field actually, flipped the equipment shed over. It also tore half the roof off a shed my mom had in her backyard. It happened at like 3 in the morning; I woke up and it felt and sounded like a train was roaring by my bedroom window. That was one of the scariest moments of my life.

7. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

random fact: that "refreshing smell" after a lightning storm is due to O3 being in the air, caused by lightning strikes

8. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

Oh yeah, I can't forget about the smell of 03 in the air. It's a lovely smell, indeed.

9. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

I LOVE thunderstorms ESPECIALLY in the winter, and I'm from NY, haha. That's actually one of the reasons I hate winter (among many), because I miss thunderstorms so much. It's so rare to have it be snowing and thundering, but when it happens it is EPIC. My fiance hates it because he says it feels like the apocalypse is coming.

10. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

Thunder during a snowstorm? That does sound epic!

11. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

the harder the better.
    we dont get enough here in socal.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

we get them every day during the summer in the dirty south! The day always starts out unbearably hot and humid, then the clouds start coming in the afternoon, and then bam the clouds burst and the air feels so much crisper and the miserable humidity goes away for like an hour, tops, and then its even more humid than ever.

gotta love the south.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yep. We don't get them too often here so it's a special reminder of Thor when we do get them. And we drink fine mead in praise to his anvil toned delivery. Ka-BOOM!!

14. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

I love those kind of days, even if the heat and humidity make me more irritable. I personally like walking at night and feeling the cool, moist air on my skin. Its such a relief from the heat of the day.

15. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

I love thunderstorms, "I'm only happy when it rains"

16. FLORIDA MON

FLORIDA MON Member

bump - there is something eerily appealing about them...

17. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

18. FLORIDA MON

FLORIDA MON Member

Holy shit man!:dizzy2:

19. screwwho?

screwwho? Member

Love them in the summer. We sit out on the porch and enjoy the cool breeze while enjoying a drink. Love to make love with them showing themselves through the window too. ;)

20. melo85

melo85 Guest

That is beautiful.

I've been in Florida for five years now and I love our thunderstorms! I also just love when it rains. It feels like everything becomes recharged, including myself :)