does anyone belive in past lives???

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Crimson, Dec 29, 2004.

1. fickdichskkip

fickdichskkip Banned

I wonder about past lives, and whether this is what we would refer to as instinct. I've heard that newborns are extremely cognitive, but that this diminishes with time, as experiences of their new life slowly clouds their mind. I don't think that really makes sense, but that's my take on it.

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

8 hours sound good .dont forget to bring yer trowell.and some tea bags .:D . as for being mummified sealed in and wait to be reborn ( i think i would give that one a miss). . :sunglasse ........i prefer the great outdoors man

3. Katojam

Katojam Member

If you really think about the human body, or rather, the brain, we as people are in a sense just riding around in our heads. Our soul, if you will, is pretty much just energy that is charging our brains and causing the rest of our body to function. Basically we are sitting around in our skulls, with all these levers and switches, and if i flip this one here, my body will blink. If i flip this one i'll take a step. Flip that one, I'll swallow. So in a sense, our entire conciousness depends on this energy.

Energy does not die. You cannot destroy energy, at least to my knowledge. you can only disperse it to other places. This does not neccesarily mean that your energy will all stay as one form and transfer from one body to the next. I think it's more resonable to think that upon death, your energy is released onto the world. Could it be that portions of this energy could somehow hold a memory embedded in it's very foundation? And taking it further, could this memory storing energy be recycled into a new form, while keeping the memory in tact? something for ya to chew on....

If anybody here ever engages in the sport of eating mushy's, think about the riding in the skull thing next time you do.... it's very enlightening......

4. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Ok..it is a deal.. Building pyramids seems awsome now ... and i take nothing from that .. i just think its slightly a outdated concept , we just move our spirituality to more erm well reasonable notions .. i don't agree with any of the new notions either but ... hey whatever makes you happy ??.

I don't think energy 'dies' (i have commented on that earlier)..as for memories well i think that memories are not going to be carried in 'energy' because we need our other senses to bring back some of those memories 'smell' for instance ?? wich is a instinctive memory all on its own ??. Plus memories are stored in diffrent parts of the brain.. and imho connected when we remember.. So rearly you release any 'energy' and these memories are fragmented . I was going to use a analogy of... imagine pouring a pint of milk into the sea ?? before you know it dissapears and you can't see it any more .. and you will never be able to reclaim that back in its original form .. but then i thought about collective consciousness and all that [​IMG] ... wich imho is another strange thing to believe in.. I just think you can't store 1 memory into one atom of energy thats all.

oh i like coffee if thats alright ?.. i will bring some tea bags though as your the boss [​IMG]

5. paulfreespirit

no bosses mathew.work together (canned heat ).:cool: .dont forget to bring your plans from your previouse "lives" as i think you told me you had a theory on how they were built.? .i am still undecided ( could they have been built by a higher intelligence " beings") ?. ;) . / peace ps" are we going to use ladders or scaffolding .

6. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

i believe, and would love to know about mine someday.

7. paulfreespirit

i am seriously thinking about finding a good regresionist so i could be put under . also recorded . / ps always a joy looking at your photo/s blackguard. (a breathe of fresh air ) thats livin man.:cool: / peace

8. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

*sigh* i don't believe in past lives ;) .

Higher inteligence , no just people with a vision and lots of time and mostly willing builders ... i don't think you create such beauty and workmanship from slaves ? I have read it was a multi generational thing father/son/mother/daughter etc etc.

Ladders definitly ?. I don't trust scaffolding ?.

9. madbeast

madbeast Member

one day we will, i just know it.

10. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

yes, i do

11. Psychedelic Owl

Psychedelic Owl Member

I am a Buddhist and I belive in reicanation, so therefore I belive in past lives.

12. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

i absolutely believe in past lives and reincarnation... it's suck a cool thing, and i get deja vu a lot, which i've a feeling has to do a bit with past lives...

13. dewaholic

dewaholic Member

I believe my last life was a hippy, cuz I'm so into it now. Always have been. And I like the thought of me being a chick ( I'm a chick now btw) & burning my bra, going to protests etc. I'd even support the black protests, if I was a black or not.

14. bsabbath

bsabbath Member

I half believe in, when i was about 6-10 i used to be always watching my little brother, always afraid he was goign to get lost, i always had to know where he was I always kinda felt like i've lost a few people to death or something i'm not sure so i felt i had to make sure he was alive, and then one day it just kinda stopped and i was over it, it was weird

15. hella good

hella good Member

i do belive in past lives. im on my fourth life

16. kinsei

kinsei Member

I recently had a regression and learned that one of my previous lives had started to resurface its lessons but still had something to work out.

The lady who regressed me knew nothing about me (I gave her no background whatsoever), but I got a strong vibe from her that was very sincere. After trancing out for a few minutes she said that I was previously a Celtic religious figure of some kind, a monk or druid, and that in that life I communed with trees and inside the monastery I would be involved in religious writing, transcribing religious texts, and calligraphy. But something from that life was still troubling me; in the outside world there was war waging, and since I was a religious person I wasn't conscripted, but the war bothered me greatly and I kept letting outside world tensions seep into me and affect the quality of my own spirit. She said this life was resurfacing now because of my recent awakening into my true spirituality (this assessment was dead on; I awoke a few months ago), and that the current war situation with the Middle East was greatly troubling me (again dead on, and keep in mind she knew nothing about me) and this deep disturbance wouldn't go away until I accepted the concerns of that past life and let them go. Together she helped me do that, and since then all my reading of the news doesn't give me the deep queasy stomach like it did before, like it's all fine and that life can finally make peace with itself.

After that healing, she asked me if other aspects of that life had resurfaced recently beyond just the spirituality, such as if I'd gotten more into writing and/or poetry, or if celtic symbology was resonating more with me. Then I showed her the two rings I have (one decorative on my right hand, and the wedding ring on my left), both Celtic patterned, and explained how a couple months ago I'd suddenly started writing poetry when I never had before...

There's just too many things that fit together. After my spiritual awakening I had little doubt about the existance of past lives (I could now somehow sense that I was a rather old soul), but what little doubt I had was removed completely by this experience; it's a certainty to me now.