does anyone belive in past lives???

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Crimson, Dec 29, 2004.

1. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

I believe in past lives.
    My mom told me when i was around 3 or 4, i would sing songs from the 1940s to 1950s, and that i knew all the lyrics to the songs i sang, even though i had never heard them before. So, she believes i was someone from that lifetime.

2. stuntdragon1

stuntdragon1 Member

hey ace my mom told me the same thing!

3. madbeast

madbeast Member

when i was younger iv always been childish, and still am, and proud of it! lol but i was told i wasnt the normal child...i never went through that guys have cooties thing, and just knew from b4 i was 3 that guys and girls get in love, thats just how it was, and when i was little i was the only kid my parents said that would sit for hours by herself and play with anything, as long as its a mulipul amount of something. i played with tarot cards or regular cards, i played with glass drink stirirs, or marbles, or my fingers. of course in that way i was a huge barbie fan...but no matter what i played with the game was always the same, a girl and a guy in love and cant b together, ALWAYS. idk how a lil girl could think of it, i mean usually they play house...idk, the way i thought of stuff was too sophisticated and weird for a lil girl of 4 or 5, and my dad, the very spiritual one, was the one to tell me it prolly is atributed to past lives.

4. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

I'm wondering what your (or anyones) take on animal past lives is? I'm sure people can have lived as almost anything but my theory is that animals are a previous stage to people- i.e. once you're a person you go round as more people, peolpe have way more choices than animals and I'm pretty sure more's gotta be expected of us. Also plants, my experiences with plant spirits suggest that plants have individuality as strains as a whole not individual plants (so all daisies share a daisy spirit) and I can't concieve of that as a stage you could go through. Any thoughts?

5. steffan

steffan puffin

I would like to believe in reincarnation, but there are too many other senarios that fit the available evidence like an intertwining consiouness or ancestreal memory.
    I cant see as how we would return to learn anything, our overall ability to percive the universe is so limited and for the most part, we seem to be born knowing how to be human as much as any other animal knows itself.
    Maybe to be a better human? does that meen a wolf returns untill it is alpha? so what would it be we seek? what little real wisdom we can gather in the tricolored range of our vision and from what few broken waves of atmosphere that shake our eardrums?
    It would be nice to know, but it seems i have been left out of the loop on that one

6. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

sounds like maybe you are remembering past-life hippydom or maybe your trip could be carrying you down the swing psycadelia road. If you're really curios I hear hypnotic regression can be useful (if your careful about who you use)

7. madbeast

madbeast Member

there are too many questions we ask and cannot know for certain, we can only go by what we feel and what we believe. yes, some think that we have past lives to better ourselves each time, or to work tward somthing, but what if thats not the case? cant it b a posibility that we have reincarnation for no defanite reason other then to give our souls something to do, to b entertained? just like my theory on spirits, dont u think that sometimes outta sheer boredum they scare ppl, just cus they are bored? its a posibility, u no?
    as for animals yea, mayb they are just another level of self that we an become or work towards, but then again, what if u have a choice? what if one life u choose to b a doctor, the next an cat, the next a tree? then theres the whole idea of plants, do THEY have spirits? arnt they living too? the questions of the unknown are innumerable and can never b understood by humans, thats just how it is.

8. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

holy crap i hope your kidding :p

don't freak me out. =(

wait, too late. :D

9. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

It is my strong belief that this body is just a container. It is not me, I am the occupant. Spirit is eternal. My fiance and I were told we are very old souls, and have been together many times before. This explains a lot about us. We were like old friends in a couple of days, closer than I was to anyone else I knew....in days. We knew each others every trait, taste, and almost all of them were the same. We could talk with our eyes, after about a month. Before that, we talked in stereo all the time. One person said we were split from the same soul.

10. madbeast

madbeast Member

after talking to u awhile back i totally believe everything u say, andi also agree about a persons body being the container...

11. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Nothing ever realy dies N.E.R.D... we are all Nerds...

Their is only so many atoms in the universe and they just keep getting reused.. if you wish to think that the possibility (far fetched imho) that we become humans or other things like that ?. And we all have past lives and come back to live another life ... these imho are just fantasys created to make us feel better .. well not us people long since DEAD.

12. madbeast

madbeast Member

as much as some wish, not everything is scientifically explained.

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Thats true... but atoms from one life reforming into another life (that has lived before) is the stuff of fantasy ... yeah a tiny tiny tiny bit of each of us in some way does get back into new life.. but that is going to be the building blocks of carbon (or just carbon , my science is not that good :rolleyes: ) not fully formed humans or anything like that. When was the last time you heard someone say i was a stone in my past life ?.

14. madbeast

madbeast Member

actually i have heard someone say they were a house in a past life, isnt that the same sorta? not that i believed that in particular...lol
    it has to do with a persons SPIRIT, their SOUL who said a soul or spirit was made up of atoms and carbon and what not? thats y its unexplainable. we DONT KNOW and we never really will.

15. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

soul and spirit are still concepts from a previous peoples.. not equiped with the same level of sophistication as today ?. Yeah we are still not fully aware of everything .. but i personaly think it is just the explosion of the industrial age and everything we have learned in the last 150 years having to challenge times when people were burnt at the stake for wich craft or gave up to 'gods' as sacrifice.. We i don't think do things like that now.. well animal sacrifice still excists i suppose ?.

16. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Bless you madbeast, you don't know how good that makes me feel. It is so comforting to know that not everyone is rolling their eyes and thinking 'he's either crazy or a liar.' I do not lie, and that is a bit of a vulnerability online, cuz I have learned that some surfers have no problems with lying their faces off.

[​IMG]

17. madbeast

madbeast Member

no no! i defanitly believe u completely, and one reason i agree with is the crazy liar thing. i dont lie, its like a pet peeve with me (except for those lil white lies to my mom lol) like wheni tell stories or talk to my friends, i never ever exadurrate or anything, i neve make up stuff, i hate that soOo much. and ppl dont believe me or totally dont understand me when i talk about finding the person that my soul belongs to, and we truely believe that we are cursed, cus we KNOW wev been together many other lives, and we KNOW there has been trouble...i think the main thing that bothers ppl is our ages...so i wont say them. just know that hes married and im friends with his son. its not a perverted thing though! really! like yea, he thinks im a good looking girl lol but its so deeper than lust or anything like that. he loves his wife and realises his path in this life, so instead we stay close and are best friends. i think he secretly is praying ill end up marrying his son=) and i do too oddly enough, seeing as my plans when i get older are to take over his business in a partnership with his son=) mainly we remain close in a way i think only u would understand. i mean u found out u were close to ur fiance in days, so did we! he said it was in my friggin eyes the first time i met him at a consert that he took his son too. so yes, i beleive in u, andi think ur the only one that would understand me and believe me too.
    as for what matthew said, thats not true. wev learned a lot inthis day , that is true, but in that knowledge and learning we have learned a lot more about the supernatural too, and it matters not how much u veer from the truth, but its out there, and thats a FACT.we are wiser then the past but not nessisarily more knowledged at life.

18. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I think we are more knowledgable NOW because we have history too look back on.. the more history you look at and try and understand .. makes you more questioning of 'life' i suppose... the less you know (i.e me) the less you try and manage the mass off spiritual soulful elements that the past believed in.. if we truly do come back and our souls never die , then surely my soul is just repeating itself and i would have thought everyones soul is just repeating themselves ... wich we don't do generaly as people ?.. we learn we understand and we move on.. I just think the 20th century was a huge leap forward .. and we as humans and our understanding are trying desprately to catch up (i am sure this has happened before).. We still have to try and understand the past as well and make it fit with the way we are now.. I think everything needs explaining , well maybe we just need explanations... I choose to believe that we should take more care and look and the liveing around the world ... than worry if we have been here before or are going to come back again..

I have even heard religous (i think were all of this stems from) people say that we pay for our sins and our karma must be in balance and that we shall all be judged and our souls blessed ... and the countless other optimistic/judgemental/pesimistic notions of us as a species and our eternal rebirth erm etc et etc ... well that just all seems vagualy weird imho...

Like i said early i do believe that nothing ever dies , but we have been trying to make this into something more than it is for thousands and thousands of years.. Thankfuly we don't build huge pyramids to come back anymore :p

19. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

quote mathew= thankfully we dont build pyramids to come back to anymore . ummmm whats wrong with pyramids fella ?. better than the shithouses we have to live in in the uk. think i will build one meself.

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Nothing wrong with pyramids... if you can get planning permision, i would help you out building one .. I only work for 7.5 hours a day though..

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/pyramidlifts.htm

mmm ok i will stretch to 8 hours..it looks like a lot of work..??

Your not going to be mummified, sealed in and wait to be reborn though are you ?.