does any1 else feel our race is dissapearing?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by roxycheer, Jan 3, 2005.

1. roxycheer

roxycheer Member

okay now i have taken that stupid name on and been stupid...ill drop it

2. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

okay, i feel bad about the direction this post has gone in. It started with hate and now it's ending in hate and for a bunch of supposedly hip people, that's pretty disgraceful. Instead of bagging Roxy ( who is still young and young people ARE at a high risk of being thwarted by imperialistic thoughts --no offense to the kids, but it is true in general), Why don't we just explain the glory of being a multicultural society??? Can you imagine going to a shopping mall food plaza and not having more asian food stalls then American fast food to choose from?? Well you can get that here in Australia! and i think it's great! What's more, I love when an asian girl teams up with me in a uni project.... it may be a stereotype but they're damn hard workers and i'm sure to get a better grade with them. And if we didn't have china town here in Adelaide, I'd have nothing to do on Saturday mornings!!!! And as for Africans.. (altho i'm limited to experience with ethiopians), they're probably the friendliest bunch of people I've ever met, with the possible exception of middle-easterns. I never got such polite treatment from a boring aussie bloke. So if foreigners "take over" the country, who gives a fuck?? I think we'd be better of for it!

Come to think of it, why isn't anybody discussing the americanisation of Australia??? They might not look any different to the "typical" aussie, but they are as foreign to us as asians and africans. I'd say American culture is taking over this country more than any other culture, even if there aren't quite so many living here.

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

The time has come......to say fairs fair

to pay the rent......to pay our share
    The time has come.....a facts a fact
    It belongs to them.....lets give it back.

Damn those are great lyrics.

If someone who thinks the human race is divided into various 'races' wouldn't mind, I would like you to explain exactly where you draw the lines?
    It seems to me that there is nowhere you can. It is a curve, a gradual, subtle change with 6 billion variations.

4. Bernie

Bernie Member

well id really just like to thany roxy for bringing so much activity into this once dead now semi-alive forum. i mean she may have questionable opinions but hey its good to hear every voice... isnt it?

this is like the fastest growing post ive ever seen in this forum or in the old forum. 1 day and weve got over 20 posts. woo-hoo keep up the good work people. now we need more people to say things like that so we have something to talk about but yeah theres no need to get angry.

smile, bernie

5. roxycheer

roxycheer Member

thanx guys..i was at first extremely scared where this forum was heading and i was going to shut it down...but i dunno it seems to be heading somewhere i like, and i am quite enjoying the opinions of others and i also have to say that many of you have said some things i couldnt quit say or rather explain rightly myself...so thank you...and lets keep it rollin!...the thing about Americanism...well now i have put more thought into this...Australia is who it is and we are like no other country so i guess i love it for that and all the people in it no matter what colour or race or culture...we are who we are for exactly that...and who cares what we develop into as long as we are still a safe, friendly place full of many friendly faces.

6. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

well although it seems you have changed your mind a bit, i do agree with some of the things you've said roxy.

i have always treated everyone the same, but i have found the most racism within the minority groups although they're not so small anymore. i think its good having a multicultural society as different cultures can bring a lot to our country. but i am sick of having people trying to get me to sign petitions to demand more multiculturism at uni when i look around me and 80% of the faces i see are not european, i think there is a bit of reverse discrimination happening here and that makes me a bit mad. i cant really be bothered to type much more about this now but i have experienced so much racism against me from people here who are of different backgrounds and all im thinking is you've come here to live in Australia so start fucking acting like an Australian and no i dont mean abandon you're culture i mean show us the same hospitality we have shown you.

7. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Appologies i just got a bit heated.

8. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

One of my friends only today was saying she thinks Australia will be the Noah's Ark of the future...because we have so many people of all races and cultures living here in 'relative' harmony (compared to some places).
    You know we stole the land from the Aboriginals and now I think it is our karma to share it with everyone. I'd still like to see land rights given to them, and a lot more respect...but as for sharing it, I like it...I love diversity...it would be great if we could show how harmony between us all is possible (especially considering how racist this country used to be when I was growing up). I know we still have a long way to go.
    So teach your children well!

9. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Race and country boundaries aren't important.

10. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

I will respect Aboriginies when they respect themselves

11. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

We obviously have a very long way to go.

12. roxycheer

roxycheer Member

"Australia will be the Noah's Ark of the future"

That's an awesome way to put it! ps. Fleassy. apology accepted, forgive and forget.