Does any body like Vularity in songs?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Papillon, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Papillon

Papillon Member

Does any body like vulgarity in songs? Not sexist or racist shit but an occasional f...[​IMG] word talking about something passionate.

Also would like to know what people think of doodle songs. I have a stupid long wordy song that will never fix anything. It just sort of is cute at best. But I wrote it and it amuses people.

If you care to watch it just go to this url

[font=&quot]http://beadsongs.org/plastrchoice.htm
    [/font]

2. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

vulgarity in songs isn't really that great, even for passion. i'm a classical and blues writer/guitarist/singer/etc.. which doesn't often swear. classical lyrics tend to be more poetical than anything, and blues, if they need to be passionate, a mumbled word, a scream or a "LOOOOORD!!!" is what to use. once in a while is ok - like one swear word in every 10 songs +P

3. Papillon

Papillon Member

[​IMG]Hi jesikhaviolet
    WHat about Ani Difranco do you like her work?
    do you have songs online to listen to?

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Vulgarity in music shows a rather strong lack of creative skills... unless the word is shown is such a way in which it represents strong emotion.

5. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

i dunno about ani difranco. care to enlighten me?
    unfortunately, no i don't. i can't find anywhere to host audio for free (i'm skint)

6. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Swearing in songs is very unsophisticated, and I find it rather pointless. Besides, a well-placed "hail satan" fits so much better than "fuck".

7. Papillon

Papillon Member

[​IMG]Hello skint Ani Difranco
    http://www.righteous-babe.com/ani/
    I put my music on a web site I built. With mp3 and .wmv it is possible to compress audio files to a minimum. Upload files to a web server. Then you can use simple html.
    If you need help I can guide you.
    Do you have any recordings of your music?

I personally don't swear or use foul language. I am a radical singer song writer. My lyrics are hard enough but Ani Difranco is a good sport of vulgarity but it is not for lack
    something to say or talent trust me she is good.
    Of coarse that is subjective as the very concept of vulgarity.
    Papillon
    http://beadsongs.org/

8. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hmm... Buddy Guy tends to scream "SHIT" or random cuss words when he's ripping out a blues solo. :p :D

9. Silver Salamander

Silver Salamander Member

Some of the most clever and risque lyrics were in the old blues songs of the 30's and 40's. They were not in the slightest profane, but everyone knew what they were about.

Frankly, I get tired of singers and bands, inevitably younger ones, shouting out 'Fuck' every 3 or 4 words, as if they are the baddest asses in the world.:rolleyes: It shows a lack of thought, and inteliigence in the whole process and and arguably insults the intelligence of the listnener.

That old Anglo Saxon word has been done to death, in any case! It's ability to shock is not the same anymore. Once, it was a word that carried weight if you dropped a heavy weight on your foot, or had to make a point to some asshole out to spoil your day.

10. JayJ

JayJ Member

Doesn't affect me honestly. But then, I'm too busy usually concentrating on other stuff with much playing in the back, so i don't tend to notice lyrics as much. Though sometimes (like some people said), it does kinda show lack of creative skills, but other times, it can be amusing...depends what the song's about and all that jazz lol