Does a vasectomy make you less of a man?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Varmint

Varmint Member

My reply: Oh, gawd!! I started choking and laughing when I read this! Good one, Granite!
    My brother had this done when we were in our mid-twenties. Some time later, I pick him up for work as we were working the same project together, and he was walking funny and wearing bib overalls. Told me his nuts were swollen like a couple of coconuts and really tender, so take it easy on the road. Turns out, he had a rare reaction where they "backed up" and swelled up quite nicely. Doc took good care of him, fortunately, and he's been his normal self ever since. We're both in our mid-60's.

2. Varmint

Varmint Member

I've noticed a lot of guys use vasectomies to avoid the parent trap set by less-than-honest women who just want to be supported by a man with money. To wit:

<her> Honey, I think I'm pregnant.
    <him> I thought you were on the pill!
    <her> I don't know how it happened...
    <him> Good thing I had a vasectomy some years back....
    <her> You bastard!

3. Varmint

Varmint Member

My reply: It's called a tubal ligation. Every bit as safe and simple as a vasectomy.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah look no girl really wants to have tubes tied up in her vagina. Now you be a man and take the snip. So if ya gone stand there whinin about it you might just be less of a man.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't think it is, no. It might be, relatively, but it is invasive surgery which I believe needs general anesthetic. Wikipedia also says women who have it done are more likely to need a hysterectomy later in life, though it's not known why.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  6. Varmint

Varmint Member

Umm....pretty sure a vasectomy won't get down without some anesthetic, either, but it may be local. I haven't had one, as a clinic told me decades ago that I wouldn't need one. I'm unaware of any "non-invasive" surgery, as they all seem to require cutting and stitching, which seems pretty invasive to me. I'd agree that a tubal is far more invasive.
    Wikipedia is a source that needs to be double-checked, based on their own statements. I usually go to their listed source and then check for others to collaborate.

I'm unaware of any women who've had trouble with their tubal, other than one of my own aunts, which is how I got one more cousin, and she very nearly got a divorce. It wasn't very funny at the time.

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Fair enough. But yes there is a massive difference to me between a local or general anesthetic.. It's not like.. Oh, they're all anesthetic.. : )

I spoke to a doctor about it once and she flat out told me I was too young anyway, that no one would do it for me.

There's a TED talk by a young woman in the states who eventually got it done but after MUCH fighting for it.

But yes, I concede that there IS a way for women to do it. I would never choose to go under general anesthetic though, just a personal fear of mine.

8. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Do you guys ever think beyond your nose, I had a vas to help my wife its was not painful took just a few minutes and I was done and away, it takes all the strain off a marriage as we had 3 kids and did not want anymore, and I was back in work the next day, also a guy gets to change his middle name to Martini as the ad goes anytime, anyplace, anywhere, I personally have not had any problems having had it done, but some say I was lucky.

Take a tip if your thinking, stop thinking, go get it done and you like me get to change your middle name to Martini..

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^^^.....Whoooops..... :D

Cheers Glen.

11. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

What is vasectomy and what does it do to us men, read on.

Vasectomy - Mayo Clinic

Then come back and prey do tell.

12. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

To what colour? sorry I'm English and its the only way I know to spell it.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you take the venom away from the snake what you got? Just some snake that's shootin' blanks ayyy0000000

14. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

A snake that wont kill you.

15. Nebulous

Nebulous Carpe diem

Hookup with someone who can’t get pregnant and you’ll be set. No surgery required:p

16. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

But what when she does? Its just a 10 minute job and you don't even get knocked out for it and your love it, once done its done for life.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  17. Nebulous

Nebulous Carpe diem

Hookup with someone of the same sex, a dude can’t get pregnant. Lol ;)

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what when someone who can't get pregnant gets pregnant?

19. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I dunno... does a haircut?

20. Varmint

Varmint Member

It's called a tubal ligation, and it's as easy and safe as a vascectomy. The biggest difference is that, while a tubal makes one woman "safe" from many men, a vasectomy makes one man "safe" from many women.