Does a vasectomy make you less of a man?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 20, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I had one as soon as I could find a doctor who would agree. A few said I was too young and they did not feel it was ethically right until I either had a few kids or was in my late 30's or early 40's. I did not agree and kept poking around. I knew I did not want kids and I also knew that I did not want to risk passing my genetics on. I found one who would do if I promised to freeze some sperm since I "might change my mind".

In TV and movies this is always a big argument. The wife is done with kids and does not want to take any risk. The husband feels like he is not a man even though he too does not want kids. It's odd to me. Like you still get a boner and fluid still comes out. You are having sex what is the issue?

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't know but I wish there was a procedure for women that was as easy and safe.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know, i don't think i've seen any of these shows/movies that you're referring to with the "not a man" theme. i've never heard that before.

personally i wouldn't do it just because i know i can't make up my mind about anything. same reason i won't get a tattoo; i'm sure i would change my mind about whatever i inked within a few months. and a vasectomy is even more permanent than a tattoo.

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

A Vas Can Be Reversed......But No Guarantee Enclosed......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I do not think it would make you less of a man I think the circumstance is quite a responsible act.

Barry Thrift likes this.
  6. Visexual

Visexual Member

In the late sixties/early seventies I tried to talk an Air Force flight surgeon into doing me. He refused for a number of his reasons, one being the old 'change of mind' thing. Well, with luck or preventative measures, I managed to not have unwanted children. OK, I'm 71 now and realize that I could still change my mind, right?

7. Willowmoon

Willowmoon Members

Women face the same issue. I was 23 when I had my 3rd kid, and I spoke to my doctor about wanting to get my tubes tied. She started YELLING at me that I was too young to know for certain that I was done, and she "didn't want to deal with me coming back in a few years wanting her to undo it."

6 years later I had my 4th and last child, with an understanding doctor who tied my tubes, even though my husband at the time was against it. She was seriously awesome.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^I was going to bring up that point too, at least men are trusted to make their own decisions regarding a vasectomy. Doctors often wont even do a tubal ligation on a woman unless she's over 35 and has already had kids and has her partner's permission. And if you can find a doctor who will do it, good luck getting insurance to pay for it.

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Getting mine on Friday. As long as they don't cut my dick off, I think I'll still be a man.

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I normally get a little annoyed when a thread about one sex’s issues gets the “well this sex has it worse!” but I don’t think this stigma about vasectomy is very common or widespread anyway. That is to say, I don’t think it’s much of an issue.

The “other sex” really does have it relatively worse here.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

There is a good TED talk by a woman who got her tubes tied young and the difficulty she faced. She was extraordinarily persistent, and got it done, but she shouldn't have had to.

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Where was she from?

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not in my experience.

Bullzaye likes this.
  14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

America

*shrug* : )

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I had no idea.

16. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Had mine when I was 35...never been sorry. Only had part was I didn’t know my scrotum was connected to my tonsils until the Dr have a good yank to do the snipping. That and the MT blizzard I had to drive home in.

17. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely the best thing I ever did for my wife. After 2 kids we wanted no more. She didn’t have to take the pill. Those pills are chemicals and not good. Actually it empowered me to take control of my sex life with no worries.

18. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

My husband and I had an agreement. We would try for baby #2 until I turned 40. If I had a baby, I would take care of it. If not, he would. I informed my Dr that when he's in there during my c-section on July 19th he's allowed to tie, burn, remove and give my tubes to his wife for earrings if he wants as long as he makes sure I'm not going to have any more babies. I don't think I'll feel like less of a woman. I don't think birth control for any gender should make anyone feel that way.

19. Hykes

Hykes Members

Not all all! It's nothing more then a decision that will prevent you from impregnating someone. Nothing else changes. You still have your balls, you still have the same amount of cum, the only difference is there are no sperm in it..

20. PhilW0404

PhilW0404 Members

Had mine when i was 30....wife and i knew we didn't want any more kids,so was the sensible thing to do....much easier for me to get done....
    Certainly doesn't make you any less of a man...everything else works as it should do