Doctor Wills Hypothesis

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by wilsjane, Apr 4, 2020.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

They say that the worlds greatest discoveries were mostly accidental and often made by people who worked on the periphery of the field, thus shedding an oblique light on the subject.

Back in the 70's, we installed ozone producing equipment in cinemas and theaters to keep the air fresh, The theory was that killing bacteria was better than masking the resultant smells.
    However, ozone oxidizes steel (as anyone who owns a car and lives by the coast will be aware) and in excess causes sore throats.
    As a result of damage to air conditioning fans and public complaints, we realized that theater engineers were not competent to control the equipment and the idea was scrapped.

Many older people suffering respiratory illness move to a healthy lifestyle on the coast and frequently comment on the benefits of the sea air, probably not realizing that the real benefit is in the ozone preventing every minor cold entering their lungs and turning to serious conditions such as pneumonia.

Fast forward to today.
    When corona19 attacks the body, most people recover quite fast. With a few, the resultant bacteria damage their lungs to a point that pneumonia kicks in and without antibiotics and ventilation they will die

While ozone is not known to kill viruses. It could be used to prevent the resultant conditions becoming bacterial.
    It could also be used in hospitals to prevent bacterial spread.

I have attempted to research the theory, but figures showing the mortality PERCENTAGE of sufferers from corona19 are not available region by region sufficiently to be meaningful.
    Also, the age and health conditions of the people who are spending their twilight years in these areas could affect the results.

Any Thoughts ??????

Eric! likes this.
  2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

3. wilsjane

What I really need is town by town figure from coastal regions where healthy people reside.
    Unfortunately, many coastal areas have a high percentage of elderly, and often very sick residents. While the ozone may reduce the death rate, it will be almost impossible to calculate.

Candy Gal likes this.
  4. Candy Gal

I can tell you this.
    There are no cases in Bournemouth hospital. I am not supposed to have that info - so shhhh

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Seems it's not helping New York City...

6. wilsjane

Do we really know. Many people who recover are not tested, so in my opinion the mortality percentages may be wildly inaccurate.
    I was mainly thinking or people living by the sea. I have no idea whether sea breezes blow across New York.
    I was not suggesting that ozone will prevent the virus spread. I was purely looking at it's ability to prevent the resultant conditions becoming so life threatening.

Candy Gal likes this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Well... The numbers reported to have it are "Known cases" That would be those that have been tested. Those known to have died from it were also "Known cases" which means they were also tested.

Reported numbers don't include Bob, who happened to have a cold last week....

And yes... New York City is a coastal city.... Maybe a map would help.

wilsjane likes this.
  8. wilsjane

It is all rather complicated, since I feel that in the early stages ozone may well speed recovery and help to prevent the bacterial stage that leads to respiratory failure.
    Unfortunately, it would require the entire population to keep an oziniser in the house just in case.

OC100 Natural Cleaner - Ozone Clean

Candy Gal likes this.
  9. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have lived by the sea for many years, I'm elderly and regarded as chronically sick & disabled and yet (so far) am free of covid - 19 infection.

Eric!, wilsjane and Candy Gal like this.
  10. Candy Gal

You are clever.
    I saw another nurse today.
    25 cases now in my local hospital, all with underlying health problems.
    None actually tested????

wilsjane likes this.
  11. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Some who have recovered from the virus were never tested and are presumed positive. Sorry that does not help your research.

wilsjane and Candy Gal like this.
  12. wilsjane

Thank you for your reply. We were carrying out the tests in the theaters at the same time as I was doing my medical studies and I saw an immediate connection.
    These days, doctors tend to look for a cure for everything in a bottle.
    I believe that a quiet life by the sea has prolonged many peoples retirement years, by reducing pulmonary infections. Using antibiotics regularly also can also prevent them from saving your life at the most critical times.
    I would love to see an antibiotic history of people who have died, but I doubt that this will ever happen.
    The other thing that is food for thought is flue jabs. During the 21 days following the jab, as your body adjusts to the vaccine, your immune system virtually shuts down. Having any vaccination at times like this is crazy, unless specified by a consultant for a particular reason.
    For many years now, hospital workers and paramedics (particularly the younger ones) who are required to have these annual jabs have expressed concerns about the long term affect on their immune system. Hopefully these regular jabs have not now cost the lives of 2 of our nurses, but we will never know.

Hopefully, if "19" comes your way, your lifestyle will prevent any serious infections.

I am sure that many people will laugh at my post, just a sign of modern times.
    So many people believe everything that they read, which has allowed 'self appointed ' experts to con us, while they make a lot of money. Climate change is the typical example.

I am thinking about posting a series threads showing where these idiots have taken the wrong path, but I doubt that too many people will bother to read them.
    Everyday trivia seems far more popular, but their are more sensible people on HF than most other forums.

13. Candy Gal

I read your threads. I will always read your threads.

wilsjane likes this.
  14. wilsjane

This is a major problem. Our daughter stayed at home for 10 days with flue like symptoms, but was never tested, because even police officers are not considered as vital workers. Our other daughters boyfriend was in a similar situation, although he works in the library services.

The problem is that with neither of them knowing whether they have had the virus, so they don't know if they now have natural immunity.
    Since crowd immunity is a vital part of overcoming any virus, confirming their condition would allow this to happen and avoid everyone needing to suffer the virus. This in turn would save hundreds of lives.

PS, Crowd immunity happens when someone has recovered, infects you with their immunity, slowly building up your own defenses. When a reasonable number of people who you are in contact with are recovered, it is similar to a vaccination.

While health workers are entitled to checks for their own protection, it is of little use unless they are checked every few days.
    It is a difficult situation and will be hard to strike a balance.

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Well "Bugger Me"...:astonished:....I Always Thought New York Was 150...>>...200 Miles Inland.....Never Heard Someone

Say They Were Going To "New York Beach" For The Day......:confused2:

Cheers Glen.

wilsjane likes this.
  16. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

New York has a significant Italian diaspora. Touching each other is a cultural thing for Italians, hence the high rate in Italy and New York.

17. wilsjane

We have a love affair of a very different kind.
    84 Charring Cross road and the relationship between Tchaikovsky and Madam Von Meck springs to mind......
    Both of those stories made blockbuster films....... so who knows, we both may be famous long after our deaths.

Candy Gal likes this.
  18. Candy Gal

Awww

I am trying to find more research for you.
    I will add anything I find significant.

wilsjane likes this.
  19. Dax

Dax Members

The distance between Times Square and Coney Island Beach is 13 miles. The road distance is 15.3 miles.

20. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How in the world is your daughter, who’s the police officer, not considered a “vital worker?”