Do You Think Yoga makes you slim?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Cavlin, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Pretty much any form of exercise can be conducive to fat loss...if you do enough enough of it....is yoga the ultimate for fat loss? Nope! Improved diet + lifting weights + intense cardio is optimal IME.

1 person likes this.
  2. Scratched

Scratched Members

As I remember, yoga brings the best improvement when you're already in "decent" shape.

If I'm out of shape, it tends to cause injury and discouragement. Better to be fit when starting yoga.

3. shaillythomas

shaillythomas Banned

slim ?not but it makes our body perfect
    for weight loss you need Diet + exercise +yoga

4. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

I would agree that Yoga alone will not promote weight loss
    diet, exercise are better for that
    I will say that Yoga soothes the body and can aid in reducing injuries
    due to increased flexibility

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I haven't tried yoga to be totally honest. Though I know it probably makes you sweat a bit, I don't think it will give you the same calorie burn as a good cardio workout with an eliptical machine or a stairmaster.

6. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

This is something I'd love to do and get into simply because a lot of the poses look difficult and I'd love to become flexible, healthy and have a very calm, relaxing mind. I've never done it before but I know there's a class up the street that I know I should sign up for. Believe it will help me keep a healthy mind and I've always loved meditating. In yoga though I know there's a lot you must do and think it'll benefit me. I'm always looking for new ways to keep myself healthy and in a stable mind. :grinning:

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

False.

Eating healthy and exercise makes you thin.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i tried yoga for about a month at one point because i thought i was lacking in flexibility. during that time i gained weight and lost strength, and my flexibility didn't seem to change at all. it might have helped my balance a little.

personally, i just don't get it. but a lot of people swear by yoga, so it must have some benefit.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A lot of people think that daily star sign articles in the newspapers will reflect their day too. :p

Lotta people are idiots.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

11. Allee

Allee Members

I think yoga is what keeps me from getting fat... it's really the only exercise I do but I do it for 1-2 hours every day and I usually get pretty sweaty and my heart rate is up. I don't diet AT ALL and I eat like a pig. :anguished:

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The purpose of the yoga asanas is to learn how to relax your muscles to prepare for meditation. I think yoga can encourage weight loss if you treat it as an overall holistic philosophy rather than simply exercise - I know I'm more mindful of what I eat and how I treat my body when I do yoga on a regular basis. But weight loss and exercise isnt really the purpose of yoga.

But outside of yoga as a spiritual practice, stretching is just really, really good for you. You really have to do cardio to lose weight but yoga or any gentle stretching has really good cardiovascular benefits.

13. Myra Lien

Myra Lien Members

I read many articles that indicate that yoga aids in weight loss. A blog also shows that people prefer taking thé cellulite for weight loss. This is a useful content if you want to more about the benefits of thé cellulite. Exercises and a balanced diet are also a simple means by which a person can lose weight.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No Yoga doesn’t make you slim but it does tend to attract people with good nutritional habits

Hotwater

15. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

Yoga is not making me slim especially since I usually go out to eat after class.

16. almi78

almi78 Members

Yeah, i do believe that yoga can help you get in shape and lose weight. Check out this Youtube video where some nice yoga poses are showing by practitioner which would help in losing weight.

For more http://bit.ly/Ayuvdeyog

17. Kaiju

Kaiju Members

Yes yes yes, especially when you get on to the more advanced stuff.