Do You Think It Should Be A Rule To Go Barefoot In School?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by canadiangurl941, Feb 10, 2017.

1. lilajo

lilajo Members

You're suggesting that schools require students to go barefoot? I can't imagine why a school should have the power to make such a requirement, any more than they should be able to require you to wear boxers instead of briefs.

2. Scratched

Scratched Members

The only problem I have with it, is there will be a hell of a case of widespread Athlete's Foot after Physical Education class!

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Once again this is the myth busting forum.

Why do people never get "athletes hand" ? If take a look at your hands and feet they are exactly the same thing, same but shaped differently obviously.

Shouldn't we all be getting athletes hand from touching doorknobs and all the other things different people touch all day long ? We don't cause almost everyone goes bare handed. Athletes foot is a fungus that needs dark damp and warm, grows on feet if they are stuck in dark damp and warm shoes all day every day.

Barefooters who rarely wear shoes never get athletes foot. It just won't grow.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

rule to go barefoot in school.
    Nope, that is just ridiculously asinine.

do your brain cells leak out if you go barefoot all the time? it sure seems so..........

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is generally true, but you can't say they never get athlete's foot. i had it this past summer, and one of my friends did too. i don't think i put on shoes (other than flip flops) for the entire summer, and i never saw her in shoes either.

shoes are extremely helpful for athlete's foot to grow, but they aren't 100% necessary.

6. Scratched

Scratched Members

We wash our hands more often than our feet. If we walked "on our hands" out of swimming class, through the shower area, and in the locker room and then put our gloves on (instead of shoes), then finished our day at school, then the bus, then home through homework before our bath for a few weeks, do you think maybe?

I'd bet we'd have athlete's hands. Just sayin'.

7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

If people wore gloves that kept their hands dark and moist and only took them off to use doorknobs their would be as much athlete's hand as athletes foot. Likely more.

But if there is anyplace barefooter should avoid going barefoot its places like locker rooms where shoe people walk barefoot. Gross.

8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I wonder if the flip flops kept re infecting you.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i doubt it was them; it was between two of my toes and these flip flops didn't actually touch there at all. i spend a decent amount of time on a pool deck and in a locker room, so i assume it came from one of those.

10. Sora

Sora Members

Shouldn't be a rule, as was said earlier in the thread, but it should definitely be allowed. I know, liabilities and stuff get in the way, and are a valid reality. But ideally, you should be able to go barefoot anywhere you want. Ideally, of course I went barefoot as much as I could when I was in high school, which sadly, wasn't very often. But there were a few days here and there throughout my time where I was able to go the whole day barefoot. They tried to tell me it was a part of the dress code, but it never actually said in there that shoes had to be worn. Technicalities. Now that I'm in college and things are much more lenient, once the weather gets nicer I'm gonna try going barefoot full time while I'm there, see how it works out. Looking forward to it!

11. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

I don't think it should be forced, because there could be a high injury factor with hundreds of students all in the halls at the same time trying to get from class to their locker then to take a piss and to their next class in a five minute window.

Now, once they get to class I think they should absolutely allow the kids to take off their shoes and socks for the duration. I honestly can't think of a single reason that a student shouldn't be able to sit at their desk barefoot if they want to. If someone is wearing sandals they're usually slipped off anyway, so I don't know why shoes should be any different.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  12. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I don't think there should be such a rule, but I believe it should be allowed but not required for phys ed.

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Haters can boo the science all that they would like, but there is some legitimate evidence espousing the benefits of schoolchildren going barefoot.

Here is the summary of a decade long study with thousands of participants from several countries:

Schools encouraged to adopt 'no-shoes policy' to improve pupils' learning and behaviour

In addition, that article mentions that skipping the shoes in the classroom is common practice in many locations.

So, should it be a rule to be barefoot in school? No. Should the proposition be ridiculed and dismissed? Absolutely not.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Seems like some rich catholic snob school to me with soft carpet, where thief's won't steal shoes for fun. Not your typical school from what I ever knew. You left you shoes somewhere they were gone.

What about the schools suburbia and run down, low income schools? Would you seriously send your children to a school that has armed security because of the threat of students barefoot? Broken glass, needles, spit and food all over the ground? Would you send your child to school with that? Would you expect another parent to do that for their child's learning benefit?

No.

The answer is no, no responsible parent would do that.

You guys are so cult lol it's actually creepy how full on some of you are about barefoot. There's a handful of really nice open minded barefoot people here that I have known and they are open shoe minded. :p that's how it's supposed to be. I just think it's unfair to expect every school to do this.

If you can afford to send your kids to a special school where you all line up and take your shoes off together and smile and sit in a circle and sing the abc song then good luck to you. Why interrogate others without the same opportunities that can't share the same opinions?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Bioguy likes this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Before or after they tried to take over the world and got the crap bombed out of themselves?

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Things like that may be custom in certain countries. But it ain't in a lot either. Like I get how it might be beneficial, I just don't think it's a realistic proposal in the world we live in now, for all schools.

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I like to go barefoot as much as possible.

But since I've joined HF, I've come to realize there's this whole weird cult thing around going barefoot.

Irminsul, Bioguy and Hugs & Spit like this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It is just as oppressive if not more than religious groups. Lol.

19. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

so u'r saying kids in north america in states where the temp drops to -40 should HAVE 2 go bft??? i think not!!!

20. I think it should be permitted, but never forced. It should be the student's choice.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  21. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

I agree!