Do you still smoke?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by OldTroll, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Lafincoyote

Lafincoyote Member

Law? What law???

2. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i don`t anymore, & may never again. it`d be a really great environment 4 me to smoke pot again.

3. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

Smokin' herb's about all I do anymore. It sucks that I have to break the law to continue in the lifestyle I've been accustomed since age 12 (that's 33 years, not that anyone's counting). I'm a high strung guy with ADD, and it's the one thing that seems to ground me without the harsh side effects of pharmaceuticals. I quit drinking almost a year ago because I can't seem handle the booze--y'know, the legal shit that's socially accepted and the cause of more car accidents and domestic violence than any other drug. There is legislation on the table to decriminalize it where I live, so I'm crossing my fingers they get their priorities straight and pass it before I get too much older. I'd sure like to be able to grow my own crop without having to worry about having my house and kids taken away.

I'll be tokin' till they plant me in the ground.

4. waukegan

waukegan Member

i guess it's been 40 years now every chance i've gotten. the time has gone fast.but it's been fun.times are fun when you're having flys.....when the tough get going,the going gets tough.

5. snowsurf

snowsurf Visitor

Ditto! could not have said it better. Have add started at 11 yrs old herb is the only thing that will focus me. I have been waiting for the war on freedom to ease up so I can use and enjoy the only thing that really works for me. The docs can keep their chemical liver killers. Hard to beleive that the laws are harsher now then when I was a kid. Medical bill passed here but governor has not signed yet. Keep the faith and hope the greed masters can see a profit in legalizing or decriminalization.:D

6. onlyanegg

onlyanegg Member

Infrequently, these days. There are other ways to expand consciousness internally that it's not as necessary as it once was. Out in the woods, though, that is a fine time for a little herb.

7. No I don't. I used to use a lot of acid,then speed and barbiturates as well as the odd heavy pharmaceutical (In the 60's/70's) The only way to get a grip was to give it all up including hash. My partner still smokes and it doesn't bother me at all though I must say I do still like the smell.

8. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

I would still be smoking if my "reefer man" hadn't raised his price to $70 a half-ounce.
    It was 55/half-100/ounce before I left for the gathering.

His excuse..."Well man, it's kinda dry now so I can charge what I want."
    Idiot is gonna get himself busted with that attitude!!

Zen

9. Jim Mac

Jim Mac Member

:sifone: When I can get it. Been really hard to score here in Locust Point, Baltimore. Ive been smoking for over forty years and I can not remember it ever being so dry. Since the cancer, it's been a big help.:peace:

10. Jim Mac

Jim Mac Member

:peace:I've been smoking for over forty years now. Still for the buzz, but also for medical reasons.

11. hv444

hv444 Member

thats awesome

12. sentastorm

sentastorm Member

I smoke about 3 or 4 times a week.

13. ^Candy^

^Candy^ Guest

No. The bong smokes. I'm just the sucker on the other end. ;)

14. sentastorm

sentastorm Member

i need to get another bong as my last broke.

15. Kathleen

Kathleen Member

No, I have terrible allergies.

"So don't ask me Hank
    why do you drink?
    (Hank) why do you roll smoke?
    Why must you live out the songs you wrote?
    Stop and think it over
    Try and put yourself in my unique position
    If I get stoned and sing all night long
    It's a family tradition!"

So.... not even good for me to be around it.
    Ahhhh Choo!

Kathleen
    age 54

16. ThisIsPassion

ThisIsPassion Member

I'm only 19, been smoking since 13. I can see myself at 60 rolling j's on the porch and letting the wind catch it.

17. prem1

prem1 Member

i'm 54 yrs. old...been smoking since about 15. still smoke everyday. recently stopped for 26 days and that's the longest spell for at least 10 years. got a couple ball jars full of some fine marijuana now, so there won't be any more running out for a while. i enjoy it. and it's been a good life.

18. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

medical mj user now but i have been smoking weed since i was 13. Wow back when i was a teenager there were tons of mj around but there was also a lot of pot i wouldnt want to smoke becuase it was no good,lots of pot back then but a lot of it was bs weed i have to break the law because this suck ass state does not recognize medicinal use of mj

19. Searching1

Searching1 Member

i smoked 17 years...i havent smoked for last year just to show myself i dont NEED to smoke...interestingly i havnt had flu in that time either[always seemed to go for my lungs].. i do think about smoking regularly...but the interesting thing is it will make no difference if i do or dont... i enjoy this feeling of not being anxious if i run out.... i probably will smoke one day again..in my own time

20. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndaXQeRPO0g"]YouTube- Cheech and Chong: save the whales