Do you smoke to smoke or get high?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by jimaug87, Apr 26, 2007.

1. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

When I drink I drink to get drunk. There aren't many alcohols that I enjoy but getting drunk every once in a while is fun.

Getting high is definitly an experience that I don't think I'll ever be able to let go of. I also like to just sit back and smoke though. I had the urge to try a cigg at work today and I asked myself why. I didn't end up smoking the cigg because I still believe they are gross and I will not mess with them.

Do you guys treat smoking as a chore to get high as I treat drinkning?

Let's hear from those that like to just sit back, inhale, hold for a while, then slowly let that shit billow out of your mouth and fill the room.

NOTE: I'm very happy right now. I thought I used the last of my stash last night, but I checked my grinder as a last ditch effort and I have a reasonable bowl packed right now. It's only a couple of hits worth, but definitly enough to relax me and bring me down from the day I've had.

2. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

No, smoking weed is probably the most relaxing thing I can think of.

3. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

man i know how you feel i love finding the spare bud that i leave in the grinder when i think i'm dry.

anyway, i smoke to smoke and get high. i just like the whole prosses of smoking it and getitng kinda high, then high, then super high. but im with you on the drinking. i know people who like to drink hard liqor like straight tequila just to sip on it and enjoy the taste. but i hate the taste hell i even hate the smell. the only hard alcohol i enjoy drinking/smelling is Goldschlogger. now thats some tasty stuff especially for 90 proof

4. Kalichakra

Kalichakra Member

I agree, I like to get drunk but there aren't many alcohols I actually like the taste of. Beer is pretty much the only tolerable flavour all of the time, while hard liquor I go through phases of. I would much rather smoke a doobie than get drunk anyday. I smoke pot whenever the opportunity comes along and I always share the love. I love smoking weed because it makes me feel grounded and I don't need specific times or reasons to smoke it, its a natural thing by now and I like it that way.

5. yazzer

yazzer Member

are you kidding me? smoking pot a chore? no way. i love the everything about it!

6. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

i like to puff puff pass, wait, wait, then hit it again and pass it again. it's more of a social thing sometimes than actually 'getting high' because if it was all about getting high i'd keep it all for myself.

7. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

I drink alcohol. I even enjoy drinking to get absolutely wasted on occasion. But when I drink, I drink cos I like the taste of what i'm drinking (getting drunk is just a TOTAL bonus). I don't drink often though. I am a bartender and I hardly drink cos spending my time around drunk people can kinda turn you off, I now know good booze from bad booze and can taste the difference, I have standards now.
    I also don't drink often because I am a stoner and getting high is way more satisfying. The physical act of the smoking is fucking COOL and the effect it has on you is even BETTER.

I love it all. For almost all the aspects of both of them. The fondness I have for alcohol and marijuana and the respect I have for both of them means that I have weighed them against each other and also against sobriety and am responsible with my drug use. The negative aspects of booze and weed become mere foibles in the personality of a best friend but you also look out for yourself and don't spend too much time around either.

8. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

I love hte act of smoking! i love just sitting by myself in a dimly lit room with chill funky music playing, and just smoking out a window and staring out at whatevers outside, and just smoking.....inhaling....light it up again and inhale...exhale....i love it.

9. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

lol nice

10. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

^i'd smoke with you and stare at shit

11. earthmama120843

earthmama120843 Member

i like what happens when you smoke, breaking up the weed, packing it, lighting it, smoking it, get ripped! its cool. i like feeling content, weed is my escape.

12. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

there's nothing but commercial here... i would savor it if it was savorable... i just gravity bong it instead

13. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

cool, just get a plane ticket to Berlin Germany and Ill meet you at the airport and Ill take you back to my apartment in Berlin, or we can go on a walk to all the amazing parks in Kreuzberg and well just smoke up and stare at the beatufiul trees and people and clouds and chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

today im going to this park with a good freind of mine to draw and paint, and smoke of course, and then theres this fedstival going on in hte park and tehres a rollercoaster, so we gonna ride the rollercoaster blazed! woooo im excited.

14. AWITCHCALLEDWONDER

AWITCHCALLEDWONDER Member

This is a good question.

When I was younger I used to smoke and drink to get high as a mother fucker. Me and all ma mates would go out with the intention to get off our heads on skunk n liquor. We would all buy our own weed and all buy our own bottle of vodka with orange or whatever, and it wouldn't have been a good night unless we were all slaughtered. Now days though I can go out a just have a few drinks and a few blunts and feel NICE without being off ma head.... and still have a dope night. It is not vital nowadays to get off ma head, but Fri and Sat nights are still standard for that, just not every week night like it used to be when I was 14, 15, 16.

15. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

i'm not big on drinking or getting drunk, but if the occassion is right, i'll get crunk. i'm not too big on the taste of liquors, wines, hard shit etc, but i do like beer <3

as for smoking, and weed in general, i love everything about it, and the whole process of smoking. from the intoxicating smell (fuck, that smell man, nothing better), the way the bud looks (i always examine a good peice of weed mmm), the texture, eating the stems, budding it up, rolling up, (I hate putting filters in, but it makes smoking a joint all the better), then finally lighting it. Smoking is just sooo relaxing. Whether you are sitting by yourself out in nature or in your favourite chill spot, or smoking with a bunch of friends without a care in the world; you just feel comfortable and happy and chill. I don't know how to describe it, but it's love <3

16. CK420

CK420 Member

i smoke to get high doing otherwise seems kinda dumb?
    but i do love the process of actually smokeing especially with other people
    it is a social thing

17. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I like both. I love the taste so If I have just a little bit of weed and I know it won't get me high I'll throw it in a cig that I've rolled cuz it makes the tobaccy taste oh so much better.

18. makesmomcry420

makesmomcry420 shlimazl

both? hmmm yep both. i agree about the drinking thing i really dont like the taste of alot of alcohol, BUT its nice to chill with a buddy with a few joints and a 6 pack of ice cold sam adams or a few bottles of guinness, hmmm i have to do this now

oh and i have to say that id still smoke weed if it didnt get me high, its all about the flavour

19. WeedIsMyAntiDrug

WeedIsMyAntiDrug Member

i love smoking..its gonna be hard to let go of eventually haha..i smoke to get high as fuck..i love smoking, then getting buzzed then getting high then getting twisted haha..last night i sat outside at my school under an awning with a couple of my smoking buddies and watched the rain..it was sweet:)

20. Hamfoot

Hamfoot Member

i like how smoke thoughtlessly moves through the air. it's nice to watch