do you shave your arms?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by lilyflowerr, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

you weirdo, Mel
    : P

When I was a young teenager I did, actually. I never met anyone else who did and I felt weird for it, but I had quite dark hair on my arms ever since I was a kid and was self-conscious about it. At some point, I'm not really sure why and I forget when, I stopped... and the hair grew again but very fine and blonde... Unexpected but I can't say I wasn't glad. If it had looked that way in the first place I never would have got rid of it.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As I was taught they don't grow back I'm hesitant to shave my arms.

I'm the same with my nose hairs (of which I think I have as much as you have on your arms)

3. BirdFlu

BirdFlu resident alien

meh, sometimes. idc

4. Eostre Lily

Eostre Lily Members

I tried it once. I really don't want stubbly arms at any point (What if I go camping or end up in a situation where I can't maintain them?) I shave my pits and my legs, because that makes ME feel sexy. If anyone feels grossed out by my natural body, then that's on them, not me.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol. And don't pull faces in the wind either or your face will freeze and look like the face you pulled. :p

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

7. Angela36

Angela36 Members

I shave them very often. Very often. I used to wax them, but it gets expensive.

8. Didi47

Didi47 Newbie

It's already so annoying ( and painful ) having to wax why would you add another thing to do ? x) I personally only wax IF my partner does it too ( male or female no exceptions ), but arms hair ? Too far.

I'm curious tho, is visible hair on arms really that repulsive for some people ?

9. I don't have hair on my arms.

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

definitely not an issue for me. I know women who have hair on their underarms! :) It's just the natural state of affairs...

11. Varmint

Varmint Member

Umm...."epilation"...? Is that some kind of scraping ritual?

12. Varmint

Varmint Member

I'd consider having my upper back waxed if I had a partner who requested it. Even my buttcrack would be fair game for the right one. Those who require it before even getting to know me can buzz off.

I don't care if SHE has enough hair below her waist to weave a navajo blanket and armpits that look like a thicket. Hairy nipples are no offense to me, either. One thing that is, however, is when a woman chops her hair off her head so she looks like a man. THAT'S some ugly-looking $h!t right there. I like feminine, and won't bother with someone who looks like a man.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I knew a girl who did shave her arms. I don't remember why she did it though. We went clubbing one time and to my place after, but she had a boyfriend and wouldn't cheat on him.

I know. How awful of me. I wasn't always realistic about my expectations of people. I was kind of a jerk, to put it mildly. I still regret that night, but I have moved on.

I wonder if she still shaves them. :)

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This is still relevant.