Do you say there is No God?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by inthelibrary, Apr 11, 2019.

1. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

here is a scripture

Psalms 10:4
    In his haughtiness, the wicked man makes no investigation; All his thoughts are: “There is no God.”

New International Version
    In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

New Living Translation
    The wicked are too proud to seek God. They seem to think that God is dead.

English Standard Version
    In the pride of his face the wicked does not seek him; all his thoughts are, “There is no God.”

Berean Study Bible
    In his pride the wicked man does not seek Him; in all his schemes there is no God.

New American Standard Bible
    The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, does not seek Him. All his thoughts are, "There is no God."

King James Bible
    The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Christian Standard Bible
    In all his scheming, the wicked person arrogantly thinks, "There's no accountability, since there's no God."

Contemporary English Version
    The wicked are too proud to turn to you or even think about you.

Good News Translation
    The wicked do not care about the LORD; in their pride they think that God doesn't matter.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    In all his scheming, the wicked arrogantly thinks:" There is no accountability, since God does not exist."

International Standard Version
    With haughty arrogance, the wicked thinks, "God will not seek justice." He always presumes "There is no God."

NET Bible
    The wicked man is so arrogant he always thinks, "God won't hold me accountable; he doesn't care."

New Heart English Bible
    The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek. All his thoughts are "There is no God."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    And the wicked in his pride does not make inquiry and there is no God in all his thoughts.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    He turns up his nose [and says], "God doesn't care." His every thought [concludes], "There is no God."

JPS Tanakh 1917
    The wicked, in the pride of his countenance [, saith]: 'He will not require'; All his thoughts are: 'There is no God.'

New American Standard 1977
    The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, does not seek Him. All his thoughts are, “There is no God.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
    The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, does not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

King James 2000 Bible
    The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in any of his thoughts.

American King James Version
    The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

American Standard Version
    The wicked, in the pride of his countenance,'saith , He will not require it . All his thoughts are, There is no God.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
    The sinner has provoked the Lord: according to the abundance of his pride he will not seek after him: God is not before him.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    The sinner hath provoked the Lord according to the multitude of his wrath he will not seek him:

Darby Bible Translation
    The wicked [saith], in the haughtiness of his countenance, He doth not search out: all his thoughts are, There is no God!

English Revised Version
    The wicked, in the pride of his countenance, saith, He will not require it. All his thoughts are, There is no God.

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
    The wicked, in the pride of his face, has no room in his thoughts for

2. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm really not sure what your point is. All you're doing is posting a Bible passage in a whole pile of different translations.

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yes, but to someone who doesn't believe in God, a bunch of Bible quotes don't have any effect.

Irminsul likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like the word "wicked"

Its wicked awesome.

Orison and Mike Literous like this.
  5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The Bible was written by a bunch of men, before the advent of science. How does that prove the existence of a god?

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The bible was reconstructed and comprised of many literature, thousands of years prior to Christianity.

Find anything particularly interesting in the bible, look ups it's origins. You'll find it.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Around these parts every other word coming out of someones mouth is "wicked"

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

9. morrow

morrow Visitor

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This...and to extrapolate, of ancient thought I'm partial towards stuff like Greek Philosophy.

I find reading Aristotle examining his ideas about why he thinks there is a God much more compelling than the pseudo-history drama that is The Bible, even if I don't agree with him.

Asmodean likes this.
  11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

The OP isn't creating any content of his own - just a buch of quotes, and not even particularly interesting quotes, which nobody is going to be swayed by either way. A pointless exercise in futility.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I do say there is no God

Go ahead, judge me. Oh wait, you cant because it's against your religion ;)

parua and Tyrsonswood like this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I consider the possibility of the existence of one or many. It's just the idea of Satan I find really unlikely and plain simple humorous

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nope (to the topic question). i say what is not known is not known. (and yes, i have experienced somewhat that is beyond knowledge)
    existence is not limited by knowledge, it just owes nothing to what people tell each other.

if i'm not mistaken, the original meaning of the word wicked was 'full of life'.

be that as it may, again human perceptions and beliefs,
    are unrelated to the possible existence or non-existence of one or more gods or god-like beings

(only the ego, imagines falsely, to encompass all of existence)

15. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Quoting a menagerie of verse translations at people who don't believe is against the way of Christ. Heed the words of James 2:14-20. Furthermore if we look at the life of our Savior we can see this very passage in action. Did not Jesus first act and then once that action bore fruit, in drawing those with an interest in the Kingdom, speak to them the truth? We too should endeavor to act this way. Show the love of God first then the door will be opened to speak it.

Driftrue, Orison, Okiefreak and 2 others like this.
  16. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Should I follow your lead?

[​IMG]
    Running HorseHis job is to shed light, not to master

Especially judgemental Goddamn millennial hipsters. Fuck off with yer idiotic bullshit before I put a shit heeled boot in yer everlovin' hip ass!

Ok I'm done

17. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Quite right to call! I make no excuses but as those who have known me will undoubtedly attest I was in a dark place at the time of that post. Far from Him, drunk out of my mind every day, fighting depression etc.

I didn't encourage you to follow me brother but to seek Christ and follow Him!

morrow likes this.
  18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

See ya next time

Running Horse likes this.
  19. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I see nothing wrong with a sense of pride given that we are to emulate god and he has shown his over inflated great amount of pride in scriptures.

I do not show that much and do not recommend that anyone do as god does.

As to the seeking god part.
    Christians and Muslims do not do that. They are both idol worshiping religions and do not seek god.

No one should expect Christians to follow the dictates of their scriptures. That would take a miracle that is beyond any god's power.

Regards
    DL

20. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

The love of God is that you follow his commandments and they are not burdensome