Do you restrict your diet?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by metro, May 19, 2004.

1. metro

metro self-banned

Do you restrict your diet in any way, or do you eat anything and everything? I am a vegetarian, so I don't eat meat, but I also do not eat anything w/partially or fully hydrogenated oils in the ingredients. They are terrible for you. So many food items these days contain these oils, you have to check!

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I only (or try) to eat foods that were around before the 20th century.
    I kanda think various diets (Veg,Vegan,Raw) that people go on are a type of expiation.

3. bellystar

bellystar Member

I haven't eaten red meat in 8 years. I try to consume very little hydrogenated oil and MSG. I generally avoid fast food, but I'll eat bean burritos and nachos supreme (extra beans, hold the meat) from Taco Bell, lol. And I very, very rarely drink pop.

4. metro

metro self-banned

I never eat fast food either, it's been like 7 years. I too rarely drink soda, almost never. I never really liked it.

5. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Besides not eating pork, seafood, green beans and candy, I pretty much eat anything. And by anything I mean anything with carbohydrates.

6. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

I'm vegetarian too - so no red, white or fish meat, no rennet and no gelatine. Giving up marshmellows was so heartbreaking, lol :)
    I'd like to be able to eat 'good' food though (as in no MSG etc.., but I'm a little bit too poor - the student budget is really quite minimal. :) One day, I hope...

7. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I'm vegetarian, trying and on my way to becoming vegan...

8. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i was brought up vegetarian for almost 12 years but i now eat everything but
    sweets and generally dont drink soda.

9. waterlily5

waterlily5 Member

Im a veggie so no dead things :) I also try to avoid too much fat and sugar other than that I don't worry too much!

10. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I don't eat beef, pork, chicken, turkey, ham, etc., and I haven't eaten fish in a while. I'm trying to become as vegetarian as possible. But other than, I'll pretty much eat anything (unless it looks nasty or I don't like it).

11. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

I try to avoid sweets and fatty foods, although I have the occasional treat. Atm Im living on poppy seed crackers coz we have no other food in our house. :(