do you really think it's possible to sell your soul?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by moonshyne, Jan 1, 2005.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

I've never tried it, so I really wouldn't know.

We used to know this one guy though, he was an absolute freak. He stole some chics car out in OK and violated his probation and crashed at our place a few days (we had no idea he had done all that though.) The cops ended up tracking him down and taking him to jail, and he left all his shit at our place. Before I got rid of it all I went through it (b/c I'm so evil and nosy) and he had this list of "to do" chores....monday- wash clothes, Tuesday- get hair cut, Wednesday- sell soul to satan....and I thought that was a little weird. Then I looked more, and he also had a "to do" list of everything he wanted after he sold his soul, make women love him and do anything he wanted, get rich and famous, blah blah blah.

I'm guessing if he ever did sell his soul, he got the shit end of the deal. He never did make it any farther than 2nd rate con artist and petty thief. :p

2. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Sounds like an interesting fellow... :confused: Of course you can sell your soul, but what's the point, who's going to buy it? :rolleyes:

3. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

I'm in the market for a soul -- I'm buying, if you're selling -- and you could always try eBay :)

4. Goatman88

Goatman88 Member

ive actually seen sould up for sale on ebay before lol...

5. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

yes i think its possible

6. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

No, it wouldn't make any sense. That's like trying to sell your energy. What, is someone going to suck all the energy out of your cells after you eat? Well, you'd die. But also, since all matter IS energy, my whole body is energy. So maybe they could just own me as a slave. But when I die, they can't hold my energy. At least, they can't do anything with it (they could keep my corpse). Unless they ate me...

Since the best definitions for soul (even though they are still poor definitions) is "personality" "energy" and the like, I don't see how it's possible.

Anyways, ownership is a human concept, and certainly doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that we agree that we own things. The reality is, ownership doesn't exist. I don't "have" a soul, I am one. Or really, the soul is me. Or the One soul is all of us.

kjhippie, why do you believe it's possible? What is a soul? How is it sold? How is it exchanged? What does the buyer do with it?

7. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

I keep my soul collection in jars on a shelf in my room... they glow, which is convenient because I'm afraid of the dark :p

8. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

These guys seem to be giving good prices for them.

9. mistera

mistera Member

Understand this, Your soul is not yours to sell. No matter how much you think it belongs to you. Anyone who believes that is that easy, has another thing coming.

10. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

11. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

what about working out a rent-to-own deal?

12. goldmund

goldmund Member

Then pls. explain Charlie Hunter. And...what about MajorPeaceniks nightlight collection. ehh?

Can you sell your soul through actions, I mean I know its a rip off, you're doing all the work, but is it possible?

If soul is energy, you can certainly redirect its course.

13. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

No, souls don't work that way. They're more like divine permanent records than something you can just lose. If you sin, your soul doesn't get taken away, but it gets a permanant mark on it. God will see the mark when you go up to Heaven's gates and he won't let you in. If you do a truely good deed, it also goes on your soul record; depending on the circumstance, the good deed may cancel out the sin. This is called karma, and it is a concept that many religions share.

I always tell my clients that if they've sinned, it's a better to sell me their souls than to try to get into Heaven with them. That way, even though they have no chance of getting to into Heaven, they also have no chance of getting stuck in Hell. Plus, they can reap the many benefits of having sold their souls, living fantastic lives while still on Earth.

I'm glad someone mentioned the cooporation, We Want Your Soul. I know these people -- and believe me, you are much better off selling your soul to a private collector like myself than to a large company. Companies in general give less money, fame, and fortune than private collectors do. And once a company has your soul, there is no guarentee where it will end up -- there was even a scandal last year involving a CEO who authorized the under-the-table selling of souls to Lucifer/Satan Ltd (a Hell-run organization.) If you are looking to sell your soul, private collectors are definitely the way to go.

I hope this has answered any questions... my screenname is AsK2339 if you'd like to discuss this further or set up a transaction.

14. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

and ESPECIALLY do not sell to witch doctors --- they are known for using souls against their clients while the clients are still alive --- it's very unpleasant.

15. goldmund

goldmund Member

I have a "friend" who says his sin originates from this guy Adam. Now is it Adam's soul that gets the mark. I know he was set loose from the fiery depths of hell during Christ's descent, but what about sins commited afterward. Why should I, i mean he, sell YOU his soul if Adam is liable?

16. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

Adam is not liable for your [friend's] sinning. One's own sin cannot stem from anyone else -- your friend's sin is his business. Each person is born with one unblemished soul and it's up to them to keep it that way.

Now, if your friend had been, say, anal-raped by this Adam character, it would be Adam's sin and not your friend's. But to say that all of his sin originates from Adam is a lie, which is, of course, a sin.

17. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

did anyone see the simpsons where bart sells his souls to milhouse for five bucks?

hehe...i loved bart's comment about souls...."Soul? Come on, Milhouse, there is no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the bogeyman, or Michael Jackson."

18. goldmund

goldmund Member

I want a lawyer

19. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

very possible. i believe the term is derived from the truth that to get money, you have to compromise your true self, ie your soul.

20. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

I leased my soul to my friend margaret. She only gave me a nickle for it. I never even got it back because she then lent it to Laura and Laura put it in her left boob but it fell out and went down the drain when she was in the shower one day.

I went and bought another one but it turned out to be a sole instead of a soul.

[​IMG]