do you realize if clinton wins....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MrFrosty, Mar 17, 2008.

1. SpreadneckGA

SpreadneckGA Member

I know they were all low last yr, i havnt seen any numbers for this yr but with the economy i cant imagine it being very good.

2. real_large

real_large Member

I think Bush is sticking at about 32 percent (his loyal base won't budge), and Congress was at something like 19 percent last time I looked.

But I wonder if that 19 percent comes from people's frustration over the new Democratic congress failing to emasculate Bush and stifle his war hobbies. He seems to still get whatever he asks for (mainly, billions and billions for his "war on terror") without much squealing at all from Congress. Although the public shows an overwhelming distaste for the war, there's still this pervasive fear that if you don't support it as a politician, you will be cast as "weak" on terror and caving to the enemy.

You also can't ignore the false propaganda that if you're anti-war, you're "anti-troops." I'm so tired of that shit.

Seems like the public has gotten over this knee-jerk fear/false patriotism (we're now seven years out from 9-11), but politicians have not. What are they afraid of?

3. Paul1968

Paul1968 Banned

I'm no McCain fan but exactly WHY is McCain every bit as bad?

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Well, let me make it easy and ask you, how is he any different?

5. Paul1968

Paul1968 Banned

I didn't make the statement YOU did, so why can't you back it up? Sorry to seem rude but verbal drive by's don't help anyone make informed opinions on the issues.

6. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

if we had a president from montana you would claim that he is part of a global conspiracy to control all the farms and food supply in the world in order to establish the new world order, its really easy to make up things about people and twist the facts to favor your views :-/

7. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

What makes him just as bad/the same is that he is just another "Yes" man and just another politician just like Obama and Hillary. Just not as angry as Hillary and not racially bias like the Obamas.

8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

hay Aristartle................
    In Great Britian a Commons vote of no confidence leade to an election. On this side of the pond, elections are scheduled every two years regardless.

Congress can conduct impeachment hearings but they tend to become posing,posturing partisan piss fights that don't do much good for the average citizen.

Factors like huge Congressional staffs and gerrymandered election districts make Congresional turn-over difficult. These politicians purchase votes by borrowing money in the taxpayers name and spreading it around. Its called earmarks.

Bush has hardly vetoed any legislation and Democratic members only become active during a judicial nomination or presidential appointment. Each side is guilty of the excessive spending and punative legal system we endure.

People are not fooled and hold Congress in low regard.

9. MotherLoveBone

MotherLoveBone Member

McCain isn't racially biased like the Obamas?? There is so much ignorance on so many different levels in this short sentance. Try thinking before formulating opinions.

10. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Can no one see that we are being manipulated and divided by bringing in race and gender. Why didn't we focus on a candidate that could have served all? McCain, Obama, Clinton...the three marketeers. We are screwed once again. Richardson might have spoken for the masses, but the media and world failed to notice him. We fell for the slight of hand trick once again.

11. MotherLoveBone

MotherLoveBone Member

I agree I liked Richardson, and I guess you're right the point I was responding to, well it wasn't even worth the response. If we sit around talking about wacko conspiracy theories and race and gender all day long, where do we end up? I sure hope that everyone who believes in these conspiracy theories and that they are all exactly the same is doing EVERYTHING they can to change things. They better be a huge activist. Otherwise, I would rather they keep their traps shut. ("I can say whatever I want blah blah" okay yes I KNOW. and so can I. just did)

12. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hi Ratt,

I know we're usually on opposite sides of most debates, but I did want to share something I think you might find interesting. I can't tell if this is a serious conspiracy theory, or if it's a hoax, or just done for sheer laughs. The outcome is pretty funny. But many/most of the elements used to construct it are indisputably true... It starts with "altered crime scene photos," but if you scroll down you get into the real meat of it:

http://www.charliemanson.net/bogus-and-doctored-crime-scene-photos-t41.html
    Warning: some contents WILL be offensive to most readers.

I was going to try to summarize it, but it's not easily done. The pop culture links alone make it a fun read. Have you seen this before? I promise not to mock or ridicule any opinion you give on the matter if you bother to look at it (though I will say in advance that it's... ludicrous... yet a blast to read!)

It seems that many people who have studied the Manson case do not at all believe that the "Helter Skelter" explanation offered by Bugliosi fully explains why the "Manson murders" occurred. I ran into this while checking out one mystery of the case: graffitti written on a door at the Spahn Ranch contained lyrics used on the Beatles album Abbey Road, which hadn't been released yet but was being recorded at around the time of the killings.

Now, on to your comment...

You already said it's a single-party state, which is true because they're all globalist minions. So what difference does it make?

Democrats haven't really had much power since the 1970s, when they finished transforming their own party from an evil racist institution to a force for good. They went on to unseat a popular president, stop the war, stop the draft, lower the voting age, decriminalize marijuana, enact privacy protections, enact environmental standards, lower jail sentences for psychedelic drugs, pass legislation for transparent government, order investigations of the CIA (such as the Church Committee), do an investigation of all sorts of underhanded government actions, and a great many other things practically overnight. And women were even given legal control of their own reproductive organs!

No party is perfect, but for a very few short years back then, we came really close to becoming a free and decent nation. But the War Machine struck back and we now live in a world of Reagan-worship and Cheney, AIDS and waterboarding, Blackwater and Faux News and the coming draft and war with Iran.

The only good Republican is a dead Republican. I vote for the party they most fear and loathe.

13. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

the election is a gimmick... ooh look! A woman and a black man are running!
    Oh! They're having a lil bitch fight.
    Ohh look! Ron Paul! He's all... independent... ooooooh
    Oh noes! Obama is muslim!
    oh noes! Hilary was the First Wife!
    Same shit, different assholes.

14. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member