Do you prefer thick or thin dreads?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Zampino, Aug 10, 2005.

1. shaga

shaga Member

Not thin at least, perhaps somewhere ahead medium.

YungSAVi likes this.
  2. Morning Myst

Morning Myst Member

I voted a little on the thin side, but I like them the way they are. Some are getting quite phat, while others are thin. I've got one or two that are thinner than pencils! IMHO, my dreads look better because they all look different.

3. shaga

shaga Member

Just beatiful.. :)

4. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

I prefer the ones that are about 2 inches thick in diameter...thats what im hop[ing mine will turn into b4 long....i love the ones that you can tie around each other and turn them into a beautiful tool, and i also like them long...the longer the better

YungSAVi likes this.
  5. TamwearinSam

TamwearinSam Member

well i prefer medium-thick, i think if they are l ong then they should be really thick but if they are around the hsoulder area then a little thicker than the thumb looks awsome. and thin look good on black people

6. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

I like them the way mine are

CONGOS THIN THICK CONGO THIN THICK

hahaha mine are very cool.... I love them and they're only 3 months too! Actually I believe two months I started August 3rd... anyway yeah they're hot and frizzy :X

7. stoned immaculate

stoned immaculate Member

medium to fat

8. Zpunk

Zpunk Member

Voted a little on the thick side. Just like em better that way .. don't really know why. These are the ones I'm thinkin of getting:
    [​IMG]

Can't really decide if the're medium or a little thicker.

9. moopher1

moopher1 Member

i dont have dreads yet but i want them to range between a little above average to average.

10. Malphas

Malphas Member

The fatter the better! The missus has banned me from sewing, croetching and letting them congo anymore though haha.

11. PeaceItOut

PeaceItOut Member

i love all kinds of dreads, i think that super fat dreads don't look good on everybody, same with really thin dreads...only some people can pull them off.

12. dready_kolo

dready_kolo Banned

Really thick!

13. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i like a little bit of everything. i have two super fatty congos and one thats miniscule and the rest are a range of sizes in between.

14. dreadlochness

dreadlochness is a warrior.

i have a lot of really little ones that need to be congoed into other dreads. especially some ones i had to rip off the main dread due to bad sectioning that are really bottom-heavy. i would say my biggest dreads are sort of medium, as i have really super thin hair.

15. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

I'm a fan of the fatties I must say...but I like little ones too! I think most of all I just like how everyones dreads turn out so different and unique to them...whether they be fat or thin or straight or lumpy etc.etc.etc.

*sigh* dread love.

16. MurdaHorse

MurdaHorse Member

Mine are gonna be on the thin side coz I think they'll probably look a bit smarter (see my thread on looking smart lol). Also I'm pretty skinny so massive phat ones probably wouldn't suit me anyway..

YungSAVi likes this.
  17. kattoo13

kattoo13 Member

i like my dreads since they have varying thicknesses..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. LavaLampMystery

LavaLampMystery Member

thick thick

19. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

I like them both. On the back of my head i got some very fat dreads and in the front they are really tiny and skinny and i enjoy them as well.

20. coley

coley Member

My dreads are new and soem are thin while some are fat. I guess right now they would be considered back combed hair really. They are less than a month old. I like dreads to look different. Having some thin and some thick, it gives a crazy dimension. I agree with the earlier post about thin dreads looking manufactured but some folks really can pull that off. I want mine to look natural in the end. Earthy looking.