Do you prefer thick or thin dreads?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Zampino, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Zampino

Zampino Member

Answer with your favorite size dread or post a pic of the thickness of dread that prefer. haha

YungSAVi likes this.
  2. knottyinthemaritimes

knottyinthemaritimes Member

a lil thicker for me:D

3. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

I'm a little on a thin side, coz always, when I see somebody with thick dreads, I remember a story, when a friend of my friend cut his dreads and he had really thick dreads, and in one THICK dread, there was a big grab.. I'm no joking.. vrrr... so this makes me being on a thin side :D :D

YungSAVi likes this.
  4. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

I like em slightly on the phatter side. Thin dreads can look too....... hmmm how can i put it ... manufactured? i just like dreads to look crazy, thick or thin... as long as they are naturally crazy :D

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I like the way mine have formed. Some are thick, some are thin, some are medium sized...

I think I like a variety all on one head :)

YungSAVi likes this.
  6. forest420

forest420 Senior Member

i dont like them reallly thin, but i like emlike a lil thick, but i hate when like 5 form into one and there are only like 4 dreads on ur head cuz they are formed into one and those are just too big

7. dcdude

dcdude Member

thick

i backcombed mine fairly thin and wish id done them bigger. though they arent really dreads yet per se, ive had them going now for 2 months and its still backcombed hair, so once it starts dreading and thickening ill decide which ones i want to join together to make really thick

think, brian fair of shadows fall

[​IMG] [​IMG]

though, his are exceptional and over 10 years old, so im not setting my hopes that high, yet

8. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

His are around thirteen years old. And I'm in love with his head. I hung out with him for a while when SF came to Cleveland.. played with his hair, of course. They're AMAZING. He's got some thin ones around his face, but the majority are a good inch in diameter.

I want mine to get fatter, but since they're short, I hope it doesn't happen for a long time. I like short locks to be thinner, longer ones to be nice and fat.

9. Sunny

Sunny Member

I chose average. I agree with Fleassy that real thin dreads can look manufactured, but I'm not a fan of big-ass dreads. I used to see this guy around Boise whose hair was combined into 3 dreads. Those things were huge! Really I prefer a mix of sizes. Looks more natural.

By the way, I'm new here. Hi!!

Sunny

YungSAVi likes this.
  10. knottyinthemaritimes

knottyinthemaritimes Member

OMG TOOL ur so lucky he seems like a kool guy this dreads r nuts espically when he headbangs

11. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Yeah, they came to a small club in Cleveland (Peabody's, if any of you are familiar), and the stage is only about three feet high. I was against the stage, front and center, he kept whipping me in the face with 'em. I don't think I've ever been so turned on in my life. :p And when he spins his hair in circles he looks like a fucking helicopter. It's great.

And the guy IS cool as fuck, and SUCH a sweetheart. HE walked up to ME, said "God, you have such a pretty face. Your dreads are looking really nice, too" .. and it went from there. He's just really mellow, him and Jon.. sitting there with beers, talking about music, touring, etc.

It's good times. Except the past few times they came to Cleveland, it's been at bigger venues.. which means no chillaxing with the bands. :mad:

12. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

wow that guys locks are BE autiful

13. imagining

imagining Member

wow those dreads are crazy cool..i tried to make mine thick at the very beginning, but i quickly gave up on that, cause my hair's too short for that to really work. but oh well ^^;

14. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Yeah. I think that if you have really phatty dreads when you have short hair they stick up wayy too much and look like little chodes.

I don't want to be a chode-head. :p

15. skankleft

skankleft Member

Not too thin.. but on the thin side of thingsss

16. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i had to say average since some of mine are really thin & some really thick....i guess i do like the thicker ones better but the thinner ones come in handy for tyin em up..but the thicker ones are kinda fun to whack people on the butt with..heehee

17. imagining

imagining Member

hahaha! i never quite thought of it that way..guess i made a good decision, eh? :eek:

18. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

i prefer average locks as well, but not the thin ones

19. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

I honestly want mine to be really thin and then grow a little fatter. I'm growin my hair out right now, I'm soooo excited to get it done. me and my hubby are going to jamica for a late honeymoon and we are going to get some rasta guy or gal to do our hair.

20. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

your hair is too beautiful to dread :( !!