Do you prefer nudist beach or nudist club/resort?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Sherry1133, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

it would just feel weird in a club because to me the connotations is for sex, like there has to be some underlining reasoning to go to a enclosed venue to be nude around others, right?
    not that there's anything wrong that.
    wheras if i'm out in the woods and i'm spotted nude, or come across another bare chested hiker, it's just like, oh hello fellow nudist.

2. beachwalker

beachwalker Members

The beach is best - sun, sand, and sea :)

3. SoCalnudeguy

SoCalnudeguy Members

I prefer nude beaches, been going to a local nude beach for several years know and love it

NudistTed likes this.
  4. nudony

nudony Member

I could do either or; as I like the open environment of the nude beach and the multitude of people who go there, but I also do like the quietness and socialization of the rustic resort.
    My wife, who has tried both, prefers the resort by a landslide. It has a lot to do with the gawkers at the nude beach and the negative experiences she's had with it. She's just much more comfortable going naked at the resort; so resort it is.

NudistTed likes this.
  5. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We will be trying our first nude resort when we get back to the states in the fall.

6. Nudist4u

Nudist4u Banned

Both Apollo and Playalinda are my favorites. Haulover seems crowded and geographically slanted.

7. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

I was a part-owner of a nudist resort from the mid-1980s to 2010. During that long time, a shift took place that became more and more evident across the younger demographic. After trying the resort life, many did not return again, preferring instead to look for opportunities such as clothing optional beaches, especially those families with children. To us, it was evident that kids wanted sand, sun and surf, not rocky hills studded with drooping sheoaks and the occasional lethal snake or two.

My own preference now is definitely the the beach. I was born very close to it and never have quite left it. Personally, I have no interest in, and would never go to a resort again because these just do not fit into the ever-changing demographic that will not sit still, or tolerate being rounded up and regimented with rules and regulations.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    NudistTed and GLENGLEN like this.
  8. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wow that is so cool. If everything goes right I'm planning my first trip to Haulover next summer. I've already started calculating how far I can drive on the first day to try and maximize my time on the beach then what is the latest I can leave to make it back home. It will be my first trip to a nude beach and I'm so excited.

bananaman321 and NudistTed like this.
  9. Nakedwalker

Nakedwalker Members

We like both, but it’s been our experience that beaches tend to attract more non-nudist gawkers whereas resorts draw the “seasoned” nudists.

St Martin is a popular cruise ship port, and some offer shore excursions to Orient Beach. We have been there when a tour bus brought a load of tourists. Hard to tell who was more entertained.... their reaction to us OR our reaction to their reaction to us.

NudistTed likes this.
  10. Steveh

Steveh Members

We've been there too when a shore excurision was brought over. some got naked with us, most walked around looking at nude bodies for the first time and loving it