Do you Play any Instruments?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Hilder, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cool! ^ I love Pink Floyd...one of my favorite bands of all time. Do you have any video links of your band?

2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Excellent buddy!!

When I was in 4th grade I played drums...... Usually they only let 5th graders and up play but they saw how g00d I was so they let me play....

I feel bad as I quit the band right before a concert. After they were so nice to me (I hope the conductor wasnt mad at me)

3. Syd Fan

Syd Fan Supporter HipForums Supporter

www,crazydiamondband.com - It's still in the works. We were in the Greenfield Mass newspaper. The bass player and his vocalist wife were interviewed. Google - Greenfield Recorder Crazy Diamond

We've got another gig in February 2015 in Wendell itself, the town hall or something. Nice since it's such an enclave for hippies there. Will probably be back in Sunderland at the O's in March 2015.

There are videos out there but they are old ones from before I'd joined. The band sounds vastly different now (I brought in all those sound effects, and added another backing vocal to the sound.

We are working on getting newer videos up. Probably in the next month or two. We have a lot of footage and took more at yesterday's show, it's just a matter of editing and compiling them now.

1 person likes this.
  4. Syd Fan

Syd Fan Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thanks. Videos are popping up. I'm an unseen keyboardist, sound tech, sound FX, low backing vocals.
    At the end of "Comfortably Numb" you hear "Fuck Me", which is taken from The Wall movie soundtrack.
    http://youtu.be/k0oAVi3poiw http://youtu.be/ei81VFGHVMA

5. briezie13

briezie13 Members

Ive been a professional bass player for just over 40 years. Why did I choose the bass? I didnt...bass chose me.

1 person likes this.
  6. NISKUNUDIST

NISKUNUDIST Member

- Record Player, Shellac and Vinyl, all speeds
    -Reel to Reel
    -8 Track
    -cassette
    -CD

7. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I've definitely noticed I have a natural talent for music, picking up other instruments isn't too hard for me. I've played someone's instrument for the first time better than them on many occasions.

8. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Guitar and a bit of bass n harmonica

9. SuperTowel

SuperTowel Members

Flute, violin, and vocals :beatnik: Really want to learn the Cello next -- such a beautiful instrument

10. Rosaly

Rosaly Members

I play the guitar, not very good though.

11. SteveJackson1979

SteveJackson1979 Members

Piano and guitar

12. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

Right now I'm learning how to play the electric guitar.

13. wtfisthatkid

wtfisthatkid Member

Ukulele here, for about 4 years now. Trying to learn guitar now too.

14. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Jew's harp, kazoo, microphone...

...also piano and keyboard, guitar, bass, sitar, bamboo or wooden flute, didgeridoo, and I am trying to pick up a balalaika.

Some of these I play better than others. I have tried to play an igorot nose flute (from a Philippine mountain tribe) but it is hard to hold it just right.

I have a Korg MS 2000 analog synthesizer-----I can sit up all night playing with that. I can also run a guitar or other instrument through it and change the sound of it.

However, I cannot play my sitar anymore, not that I was really that good at it-----but a few years ago I put it up on a shelf to keep it safe, but it fell and the gourd broke...

15. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I've acted like I play guitar since 13. lol

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

For Many Years I Played The "Pipe Organ".......(keep your filthy comments to yourself)........Now days I Have A Pedal Organ

Up In The Shed Which Requires A Minor Restoration To The Timber But It Works Perfectly........ :)

Cheers Glen.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to stay on topic - nope.

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I play guitar; 12-string acoustic and 6-string electric. I have a Gibson Les Paul, Studio version. It's a fun little guitar. The 12-string is my mom's (she plays also!) and it's a Takamine. I'm not any good but I am taking lessons, and I try a little.

19. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

The ocarina.

20. lovelyfoxes

lovelyfoxes Members

I sing in a heavy band but drums were the first thing I got into when I started wanting to play music.