Do you pay the TV licence fee?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by unfocusedanakin, Jun 6, 2018.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Nope....... All Were Paying Passengers......And So Was The Captain Of The Ship...... :D

Cheers Glen.

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Why can't they simply scramble the channels, then anyone who wants BBC can pay for it same as with any other subscription channel?

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Please no! American TV is so bad about that old episodes of shows have to be edited to allow all the commercials to run. Now they have commercials in the corner of the screen too during the show. That is more common with sporting events for now but soon probably no.

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I never used to pay up, until they made it so that you need a licence to watch catch-up. Maybe it's mere co-incidence, but since I got one, I have found hardly anything worth viewing on the Beeb.

After watching their version of King Lear recently, I doubt I'd bother buying one again.

McFuddy and Kaiju like this.
  5. MrsValentina

MrsValentina Members

Never have never will!!! I don’t watch live tv anyways

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Guess I'm a sucker. Paid the fee every year I was there. If only i knew then...

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

those onscreen commercials that air at the bottom of the screen bother me too....I specially hate the ones where you see a tiny character from the upcoming show walk into the picture at the bottom and wave or whatever and then walk off....they look like when you see a conscience speaking on a guys shoulder in a cartoon?....tiny little elf looking motherfuckers

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, I'm hetero.

9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Homosexual hearts everywhere, broken.

10. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Yes I pay - I guess it's a traditional thing.
    Originally used as a tool to inform and educate the general pubic as a service - an idea in principal which seems sound, the counter-view being of direction and mis-communication with a degree of big brother-ism.
    It was for a long time without competition but now - unless the fee is drastically hiked up (and no one wants that) - seems to be slipping down the pecking order in popularity - with most of it's 'faves' being "retro classics". I guess looking at it like that, over the year = a lot cheaper than Sky and the like.
    Ultimately, only if the licence fee worked on an opt-in process, then the true value and worth be known, and that's was competition is all about isn't it?.

11. Niamh2636

Niamh2636 Members

I'm not sure if we pay the licence fee or not, I would guess we do but leave all that kind of thing up to my husband.
    We're not great tv watchers but having had conversations with friends they suggest that the Beeb has a political bias. Can't say I have ever noticed this during my viewing of Strictly :smiley:.