Do you pay the TV licence fee?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by unfocusedanakin, Jun 6, 2018.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nope....... All Were Paying Passengers......And So Was The Captain Of The Ship...... :D

Cheers Glen.

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice I Am Only An Egg Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why can't they simply scramble the channels, then anyone who wants BBC can pay for it same as with any other subscription channel?

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Please no! American TV is so bad about that old episodes of shows have to be edited to allow all the commercials to run. Now they have commercials in the corner of the screen too during the show. That is more common with sporting events for now but soon probably no.

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I never used to pay up, until they made it so that you need a licence to watch catch-up. Maybe it's mere co-incidence, but since I got one, I have found hardly anything worth viewing on the Beeb.

After watching their version of King Lear recently, I doubt I'd bother buying one again.

McFuddy and Kaiju like this.
  5. MrsValentina

MrsValentina Member

Never have never will!!! I don’t watch live tv anyways

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Never quite zen

Guess I'm a sucker. Paid the fee every year I was there. If only i knew then...

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Site Apocrisiary Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

those onscreen commercials that air at the bottom of the screen bother me too....I specially hate the ones where you see a tiny character from the upcoming show walk into the picture at the bottom and wave or whatever and then walk off....they look like when you see a conscience speaking on a guys shoulder in a cartoon?....tiny little elf looking motherfuckers